Bagged Anthracite shipped to California?

Hambden Bob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Blower Model Coal Chubby 1982-Serial#0097
Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni ! / Nut
Other Heating: Pro-Pain Forced Air

Post by Hambden Bob » Sun. Oct. 08, 2017 7:42 pm

Nice Job Matt ! Let's see how this ends......

Redbopeep
Baseburners & Antiques: Antique Shipmate 134 Marine coal and wood
Coal Size/Type: nut size

Post by Redbopeep » Mon. Oct. 09, 2017 12:37 pm

LehighanthraciteMatt wrote:
Fri. Oct. 06, 2017 3:24 pm
I received a rate to ship a one ton pallet from our facility in Tamaqua pa to Heyward CA. The rate is $378.67, the truck has a lift gate, but you would need to move the coal yourself from there. The coal would be $200 for a one ton pallet. grand total would be $587.67
Call me if you would like more information. Matt 1-570-621-8871
Hi Matt, thanks for your reply. I will give you a call later today!

CapeCoaler
Stoker Coal Boiler: want AA130
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machine BS#4, Harman MKII, Hitzer 503,...
Coal Size/Type: Pea/Nut/Stove

Post by CapeCoaler » Mon. Oct. 09, 2017 6:15 pm

;) Don't forget the picture of the coal in Cali...

BunkerdCaddis
Stoker Coal Boiler: Bairmatic-Van Wert
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Van Wert VW85H
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Saey Hanover II working when I feel the desire, Waterford 105 out on vacation, Surdiac Gotha hiding somewhere
Coal Size/Type: pea/nut/rice/stove-anthracite, nut/stove bit when I feel the urge
Other Heating: oil fired hydronic

Post by BunkerdCaddis » Wed. Oct. 11, 2017 8:36 pm

I received a rate to ship a one ton pallet from our facility in Tamaqua pa to Heyward CA. The rate is $378.67, the truck has a lift gate, but you would need to move the coal yourself from there. The coal would be $200 for a one ton pallet. grand total would be $587.67
:yes: That...That right there is service, and I'd bet it comes with a smile...

KingCoal
Hand Fed Coal Stove: 1 comforter stove works all iron coal box stove, seventies.
Baseburners & Antiques: 2014 DTS C17 Base Burner, GW #6, GW 113 formerly Sir Williams, maybe others at Pauliewog’s I’ve forgotten about
Coal Size/Type: Nut Anth.
Other Heating: none

Post by KingCoal » Thu. Oct. 12, 2017 7:08 pm

Redbopeep wrote:
Mon. Oct. 09, 2017 12:37 pm
Hi Matt, thanks for your reply. I will give you a call later today!
THIS RIGHT HERE and it could be anyone concerning anything here at CoalPail but it doesn't get any better than this in terms of fraternity and service on very many other sites.

steve

tiffl

Post by tiffl » Wed. Nov. 15, 2017 9:58 am

Hi Redbopeep!
We are actually in the very same predicament (northern CA on our sailboat) looking for coal. I was wondering if you wouldn't mind messaging me privately (I tried to message you but it's not sending) so I can ask a couple questions - we just installed this coal stove on our boat and need some advice.
Thank you!

Redbopeep

Post by Redbopeep » Sun. Mar. 25, 2018 12:36 am

Got the coal, shared with Tiffl, enjoying our heat and cooking aboard. :) See today's recipe of the day for pics.
http://blog.mahdee.com/2018/03/24/baking-using-an ... oney-cake/

LehighanthraciteMatt
Verified Business Rep.
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Warm Morning
Coal Size/Type: Rice,Buck, and Nut

Post by LehighanthraciteMatt » Sun. Mar. 25, 2018 7:37 am

Redbopeep wrote:
Sun. Mar. 25, 2018 12:36 am
Got the coal, shared with Tiffl, enjoying our heat and cooking aboard. :) See today's recipe of the day for pics.
http://blog.mahdee.com/2018/03/24/baking-using-an ... oney-cake/
Awesome, should have placed a Lehigh bag by the stove for that picture :lol:
Anyway it’s awesome to see that article!
Thanks so much for the update.

Hambden Bob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Blower Model Coal Chubby 1982-Serial#0097
Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni ! / Nut
Other Heating: Pro-Pain Forced Air

Post by Hambden Bob » Sun. Mar. 25, 2018 4:19 pm

Well,I had just arrived Home,and decided to relax and read..... Then I found this ! Nice Job ! This Lil' Ol' Thread is yet another glaring reason on how this place Rocks !!

Max2012
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Not sure on the brand yet
Coal Size/Type: Bituminous

Post by Max2012 » Fri. Aug. 24, 2018 1:12 pm

Redbopeep,

I see this post is from Oct 2017 ... I am up in Oregon and looking to buy Anthracite ... I heard you found a way to get some shipped to you ... I come down to California to visit my daughter an son near Orange County and would gladly drive down to pick up probably 3 tons, bagged or otherwise, that I could put 1.5 tons in my trailer and 1.5 in my 1 ton dually.

Thanks,
Max

Max2012
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Not sure on the brand yet
Coal Size/Type: Bituminous

Post by Max2012 » Fri. Aug. 24, 2018 1:22 pm

Redbopee and Tiffl,

I scanned the whole post and read that you had worked with Matt at Leheigh ... so, I contacted him as well to see what might come of it, but if you need more anthracite in the future I would like to participate. What I would really like to do would be to set up a dealer situation where I could help others and expand the user base for interested parties who want to burn coal such that deliveries out west here were a normal activity ... I'm probably dreaming tho ...

Max

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Fri. Aug. 24, 2018 3:26 pm

Dreamin never hurt a soul M. :)

Strela_999

Post by Strela_999 » Mon. Sep. 24, 2018 1:21 pm

It sure never did, but I don't think there's a lot of demand in California ; most of the population's more inclined to use solar energy, a pedal-based generator or something along those lines... What do you expect when they banned plastic straws and pretty much every gun that isn't a double barrel hunting shotgun?

Redbopeep

Post by Redbopeep » Tue. Oct. 02, 2018 8:19 pm

Hi, all! Sorry I've been away from the forums for a bit. We have enjoyed using the coal we got from Matt as well as some coal my brother brought us. I was just calculating how much we'll need this year. We're on a boat (e.g. we move around) so our winters vary -- sometimes in SoCal where it is warm and sometimes elsewhere along the west coast (as far up as SE Alaska) where it is colder.

We presently have enough coal for the first portion of our winter but will likely be purchasing more in January for the very end of winter and for the following year.

Since western coal is downright filthy, it seems like most Californians aren't into using it, no. And since many densely populated areas have smog problems they often ban burning of wood in fireplaces etc during heavy smog days. The idea that coal is clean is novel for sure.

It remains unfortunate that on a nice forum like this where we're talking about helping each other out with coal sources we've got to have somebody slam the people of California for things that have nothing to do with coal. I'd suggest that member Strela or an @admin or @moderator remove the above post as it is not even remotely related to our topic.

@max2012 feel free to be in touch via PM because yeah, it would be smart to bring out anthracite coal. The local coal supplier here in the Bay area tells me that they used to have it but no one will pay for it -- cheap consumers and businesses who still heat by coal are using dirty bit coal instead. They have to import it by large enough quantities to make it worth their while -- and my little bit just, well, that ain't it. There are eateries with anthracite-fired pizza ovens in CA but I imagine they just order it a truckload at a time themselves.

Foxsat71
Other Heating: Wood burning stove

Post by Foxsat71 » Thu. Jan. 23, 2020 9:59 pm

Hello everyone. I'm new to this forum. I joined this forum to learn more about coal burning stoves, coal, and how to acquire it here in California. I would be interested in going in on a bulk purchase with anyone else in SoCal.

Return to “Coal Prices & Quality, Coal Dealer Inquiries & Reviews”