Cannot locate anywhere to buy coal stove from with delivery! -Ticonderoga NY

davidmcbeth3
Coal Size/Type: nut/pea/anthra

Post by davidmcbeth3 » Wed. Jul. 26, 2017 4:33 am

BabyItsColdOutside wrote:I actually found a kind soul with a Heating business who will order and ship a Hitzer for me to my house. Will just have to find someone to haul it in. Posted about that earlier. Thank you :)

-Tatyana

PS thanks a LOT now I'll just be tempted to run off to the Keys for the whole winter ;)
Yeah !

Initially I initially thought that the town Ticonderoga was factious .... thought it was a candy bar. Like France.

btrowe1
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Alaska stoker 140 Coal

Post by btrowe1 » Fri. Jul. 28, 2017 9:35 pm

hello your best place for coal is champlain coal in whitehall NY, they deliver in bulk. I have been getting my bulk loads from them since 06 I'm in South Glens Falls ny.., I purchased my stove from the Black Rooster in Fort Ann, I picked up myself though.. Good luck..Happy burning..

rberq
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machine 1300 with hopper
Coal Size/Type: Blaschak Anthracite Nut
Other Heating: Oil hot water radiators (fuel oil); propane

Post by rberq » Sun. Jul. 30, 2017 3:52 pm

BabyItsColdOutside wrote:I actually found a kind soul with a Heating business who will order and ship a Hitzer for me to my house. Will just have to find someone to haul it in.
Small local moving companies are a good bet to move a stove because they have the equipment and the muscle and don't have to travel far to get to you. A friend of mine had to have his coal stove moved from cellar up a flight of stairs to the first floor, and they were in, done, and gone in a few minutes.

Sunny Boy
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Anthracite Industrial, domestic hot water heater
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood range 208, # 6 base heater, 2 Modern Oak 118.
Coal Size/Type: Nuts !
Other Heating: Oil &electric plenum furnace

Post by Sunny Boy » Wed. Sep. 06, 2017 1:16 pm

Tatyana,

For coal, have you tried Tractor Supply, right there on Commerce Drive in Ticonderoga ? https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/store-locator?city=ticonderoga&state=NY&zipCode=

Tractor Supply sells 40 pound bags of rice and nut sized coal. And it's getting near that time of year they usually offer a discount if you order a pallet (A pallet equals 50 bags). https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/search/coal

If the store doesn't stock it (not all do) and they seem reluctant to place an order, you can order it on-line at TSC's website and they will ship it to that store. https://www.tractorsupply.com/?cm_mmc%3DSEM-_-Bing-_-Brand-_-TSCExtAd

Paul

Sunny Boy
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Anthracite Industrial, domestic hot water heater
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood range 208, # 6 base heater, 2 Modern Oak 118.
Coal Size/Type: Nuts !
Other Heating: Oil &electric plenum furnace

Post by Sunny Boy » Wed. Sep. 06, 2017 1:34 pm

One other possibility in your area,

I spoke with Mary at Mulholland in Greenfield Center. 518-893- 2165. (We have a house in Saratoga Springs and I see their ads a lot).
https://www.mulhollandenterprises.com/copy-of-dozers

Yes, they can deliver coal to Ticonderoga. There would be a delivery charge in addition to the pallet price. But they can offload it for you. She said that when you order pallets, they come with a trailer that has a small skid steer to off-load the pallets. They can then move the pallets to anywhere you want, as long as the skid steer can get to that place, such as level ground or inside a garage.

Paul

LouNY
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer fireplace insert
Coal Size/Type: nut
Other Heating: oil

Post by LouNY » Wed. Sep. 06, 2017 5:50 pm

Have you contacted Mulholland Ent. they are in Greenfield Center, (outside of Saratoga)
Saratoga stove used to do installs,
I bought my Hitzer from Mulhollands several years ago, I don't see them advertising stoves on their web site now.
They do deliver coal, good people I have purchased coal from them several years.
I used Kieth Jordan in Granville for my coal this year but he doesn't deliver

Return to “Coal Prices & Quality, Coal Dealer Inquiries & Reviews”