TSC 2017-2018

jac48
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harmond mark2, crane coal cooker 44
Coal Size/Type: nut

Post by jac48 » Wed. Oct. 11, 2017 7:49 pm

The price here in CT at TSC is $5.99/bag for nut or rice coal.

captcaper

Post by captcaper » Fri. Oct. 13, 2017 7:31 am

I've been burning it since Oct 1st. Good stuff.. not wet and great looking stuff.

David...
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Franks 80k output
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Jotul 507B
Coal Size/Type: Nut

Post by David... » Wed. Oct. 18, 2017 3:24 pm

I called to check on my order and was told they wouldn't bring it in until they have completed inventory. I had been told up to 2 weeks for it to come in, 2 weeks ago. I assume they don't sell much coal.

captcaper

Post by captcaper » Fri. Oct. 20, 2017 4:59 am

Still early in the season. Next Summer keep an eye out for the Flyer from them and pre-order. I did and got the 6 ton I ordered like they said.. same as 2 previous years I got it from them. They are set in their ways but their word is good as Gold.

David...

Post by David... » Fri. Oct. 20, 2017 8:12 am

I hope you're kidding, I've been talking to them since August.

David

warminmn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Junior, Riteway 37
Coal Size/Type: nut and stove anthracite, lignite
Other Heating: Wood and wear a wool shirt

Post by warminmn » Fri. Oct. 20, 2017 9:13 am

I'd be checking around for another source pretty soon David, but I would think it will show up in your location sooner or later. A lot of people here do pre-order with that flyer, or buy during the 15% day, or 10% day.

TSC does have to learn how serious this is. Its not like selling dog food that can be bought anywhere. People depend on them to come thru for their heat.

David...

Post by David... » Fri. Oct. 20, 2017 9:44 am

I get the flyer in the mail. None mentioned coal. Last year they had a sign on a partial pallet of coal advertising the 10% off bulk orders. This year no coal and no sign. They wouldn't even order the coal until October. I have coal and it doesn't look like cold weather will arrive until December.
Maybe I am missing something. TSC has bagged coal brought in to distribution centers by the truck load on pallets. From there it is sent out to stores with other stock in orders as small as 1 pallet. I will buy the entire pallet. It seems like an easy way to make money.

David

David...

Post by David... » Sat. Oct. 21, 2017 10:27 pm

TSC called yesterday and today I picked up my ton.

David

captcaper

Post by captcaper » Sun. Oct. 22, 2017 1:51 am

I noticed that too on the flyer last summer. But I asked them at my store.. they confirmed Coal was included with pre ordering. The brochure didn't have the info this year for Coal. Always ask if in doubt.

davidmcbeth3
Coal Size/Type: nut/pea/anthra

Post by davidmcbeth3 » Sun. Oct. 22, 2017 3:34 am

Check around in CT ... $6/40# bag...$300 ton

No great savings there but if you needed only 1/2 a ton, its an option.

coalnewbie
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL AnthraKing 180K, Pocono110K,KStokr 90K, DVC
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Invader 2
Baseburners & Antiques: Wings Best, Glenwood #8(x2) Herald 116x
Coal Size/Type: Rice,
Other Heating: Heating Oil CH, Toyotomi OM 22

Post by coalnewbie » Sat. Oct. 28, 2017 3:37 am

Chester NY 100 miles from the mines. Already $6.29 - yes, $315 ton. You are driving the little guys out of business by buying there, They are just raising the prices already and when the they are the only source they will raise them again. So at 15 tons usage it costs me $2450 extra per season to shop there. TSC - stick it in your ear. Yes David, it's an option like buying hydrogen fueled car. hahahahahahhaa. Smaller quantities? call Justin. Take the money and buy TSC stock it's doing very nicely.

joeq
Hand Fed Coal Stove: G111, Southard Robertson

Post by joeq » Mon. Oct. 30, 2017 7:38 pm

My local CT suppliers at TSC don't seem to care much about their coal customers. They "use-ta" have the best prices around, (altho some times their quality sucked wind depending on the mines). But this year like David mentioned, there is no savings. So even with their crap coal, it's not worth visiting anymore. Could see the writing on the wall years ago. Doesn't help when oil is barely 2 bucks a gallon either.

captcaper

Post by captcaper » Fri. Nov. 03, 2017 2:09 am

My local guys are still much higher and never gave me any money.. So I'm saving enough and the worse thing you can do is shop local sometimes. Business's don't care about Coal period. The sell the Pellet's and Pellet stoves by the dozen..
I don't care if the oil get's down to $1 per gallon.. I like to have my heat for these long NH winters in my yard in case a hurricane or Arab goes nuts and makes me have to walk the train tracks for dropped Coal because the Oil prices goes sky high and worse can't get any. Screw the Oil industry.

coalnewbie
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL AnthraKing 180K, Pocono110K,KStokr 90K, DVC
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Invader 2
Baseburners & Antiques: Wings Best, Glenwood #8(x2) Herald 116x
Coal Size/Type: Rice,
Other Heating: Heating Oil CH, Toyotomi OM 22

Post by coalnewbie » Fri. Nov. 03, 2017 8:38 am

CC, they can't call you paranoid if you can prove the whole world is out to get you. :D You forgot to mention N Korea and Nibaru striking the planet. In my case TSC and the local wood stove shop don't give a damn about coal. The locals are happy to burn toilet paper. The only time the fire alarms go off is this time of the year when they start up the wood stoves.

captcaper

Post by captcaper » Fri. Nov. 03, 2017 3:31 pm

We'll I remember back in 1978 was it when the lines at the pumps were so long and the stations ran out.. been a few more times since I see. You should see the folks here trying to get Propane and fuel after the storm that knocked the heck out of NH past Monday. They aren't doing well. Phones aren't working etc. every one's gen's are going for days and need LP so the guys are out and not answering the phones. On and On ...
I should take it further and start to load up on food and more Ammo.. :)

Return to “Coal Prices & Quality, Coal Dealer Inquiries & Reviews”