Nut Coal Sale in Delaware

ottobody
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL Lil heater
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS comfort max 75
Coal Size/Type: Rice, nut
Other Heating: electric baseboard

Post by ottobody » Fri. Apr. 21, 2017 5:14 am

Just received a flyer from Bylers in Dover. Was told they have Blaschak nut coal for $229 ton (bagged). Asked about their rice coal and was told it was not on sale. Just thought I would mention it for the coal burners in Delaware. The sale is to 5/31/17

Seagrave1963
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman TLC2000
Coal Size/Type: nut
Other Heating: electric heat pumps, propane fireplace

Post by Seagrave1963 » Fri. Apr. 21, 2017 6:17 am

Thanks - will take a ride over to load up for the winter. Early bird and all...................

UncleDoDat
Hand Fed Coal Stove: King-O-Heat
Baseburners & Antiques: Herald #6
Coal Size/Type: Nut & Stove Size
Other Heating: Natural Gas

Post by UncleDoDat » Fri. Nov. 01, 2019 1:37 am

Sure wish I could find this price at Byler's this year. They have stopped selling coal altogether nowadays. As they rightfully should. They were too high. I go to Yoder's green house in Amish country not far from Byler's. Can't beat their price. Don't know what they'll be charging this year. But as I'm a late bloomer I'm just getting on my winter supply. Smdh

ottobody

Post by ottobody » Fri. Nov. 01, 2019 7:17 am

Last time I talked to them at Yoders, they told me $300 a ton. Ended buying from Mills Of Whitemarsh. Paid $1188 for 5 Tons delivered.

UncleDoDat
Hand Fed Coal Stove: King-O-Heat
Baseburners & Antiques: Herald #6
Coal Size/Type: Nut & Stove Size
Other Heating: Natural Gas

Post by UncleDoDat » Mon. Nov. 11, 2019 5:31 am

ottobody wrote:
Fri. Nov. 01, 2019 7:17 am
Last time I talked to them at Yoders, they told me $300 a ton. Ended buying from Mills Of Whitemarsh. Paid $1188 for 5 Tons delivered.
grabbed a couple bags the other day. Their up to 310 a ton/palette. 40lb bags.

I like those prices your speaking about. How much was shipping. I also deal with Benjamin's Lumber in Maryland. Haven't checked with them yet, but delivery was 60bucks no matter how much you brought. Although I didn't like their delivery truck. It didn't have the long extender to direct the coal to specific location. Say a cellar window. So the wife,kids and i were forced to shovel 4 tons of coal to the basement. Needless to say I Haven't brought from them in a while. But I will check their prices. For the right price a lil exercise won't hurt a bit.

ottobody

Post by ottobody » Mon. Nov. 11, 2019 9:24 am

They told me they deliver bagged coal only, unless they got a truck. It was $90 delivery charge for any amount of bagged coal and they use a fork lift to unload it. Don't know what the prices are now , but I bought mine in June. You can call the Mills of Whiteford and see if they will deliver bulk. Had my combustion fan take a dump last night, it totally froze up, just lucky I bought a replacement of both fans last year because they were noisy, so I replaced them. Got 5 years out of both.

Return to “Coal Prices & Quality, Coal Dealer Inquiries & Reviews”