Looking for Coal Source

trace

Post by trace » Sat. Oct. 22, 2016 11:39 am

Hello coal people, I am trying to find a source for coal for a coal yard. Bituminous lump coal is what they need. Straight lump at a wholesale price would be great, but any good lumpy mine run would be OK.especially if it made stoker. They need to fill some orders for people immediately as their supplier abruptly ran out of coal and they have had these customers for many years. Coal from Ohio,WV, KY,Pa. or ILL. would have potential for them to buy,FOB mine site or delivered. They need a steady ,good quality source for coal and would potentially use a decently large amount . I have no economic interest with them,but they are relatives and I do buy my coal from them and told them I would try to find some coal. Any help would be appreciated.
P.S. I been a lurker on this board for years and have always enjoyed the conversations. Trace

Hambden Bob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Blower Model Coal Chubby 1982-Serial#0097
Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni ! / Nut
Other Heating: Pro-Pain Forced Air

Post by Hambden Bob » Sat. Oct. 22, 2016 12:10 pm

Greetings,trace,and a warm welcome from 'Der Coal Board !

Help Us to Help You and Yours by giving an approximate location of where You are and where You're looking for this Bit Coal to land. We've got alot of Critters that pop up to help with sourcing,so it'll benefit You to toss out a couple of specifics ! Glad You've joined from Our Massive Ranks of Lurkers to Members Squad ! :up:

McGiever
Stoker Coal Boiler: AXEMAN-ANDERSON 130 "1959"
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: BUCKET A DAY water heater
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Warm Morning 414A
Coal Size/Type: PEA,NUT,STOVE /ANTHRACITE
Other Heating: Ground Source Heat Pump and some Solar

Post by McGiever » Sat. Oct. 22, 2016 1:54 pm

Can only point you to a general geographic area. Some small retail coal yards near bouts here are proud of their soft coal coming out of SW PA somewhere.

Claimed to be low ash % too.

What about a call to a coal broker?

I have affiliation what so ever with the following...

Penn Coal??? http://penncoal.com/
WE HAVE WHOLESALE PRICED LOOSE & BAGGED ANTHRACITE BY THE TRUCKLOAD READY TO SHIP!

We have both Stoker and Nut sized Pocahontas coal for sale by the truckload!

We also have washed Pittsburgh seam stoker & 2X5" nut.
Penn Keystone Coal supplies quality deep and surfaced mined Bituminous coal from Pennsylvania, Maryland, Ohio, West Virginia, and eastern Kentucky for the retail, industrial, metallurgic, and utility markets in the eastern United States.

We also distribute Anthracite coal from eastern Pennsylvania for retail and industrial markets. We are experienced in supplying Anthracite to steel mills for coke substitution in this time of met coal and coke shortages.

Allow Penn Keystone's coal brokering services to help you meet your quantity and quality needs.

Penn Keystone can supply bagged and loose bulk Anthracite and Bituminous coal to retail dealers anywhere in US and Canada.

Attention Retail Dealers: Besides Anthracite we also are supplying a new Bituminous washed Pittsburgh seam stoker and nut coal this season at reasonable prices.

Penn Keystone can supply individuals with truckloads of bulk (23-26 tons) or bagged (22.5 tons) Anthracite or Bituminous coal anywhere in most of the US and Canada. Please email us your zip/postal code for a quote and details.

Penn Keystone is also happy to supply quality Blacksmith coal and Live Steam Coal to individuals in 50 lb bags. We now offer PayPal and credit cards as payment options on single bag orders.

trace

Post by trace » Sat. Oct. 22, 2016 2:42 pm

Thanks for the replies. They are located in S. E. Ohio(me too) I think they were finally down to using a coal broker and were supposed to get lump but never happened. They would be interested in Good lump(4" and up) which would include a lot of coal specs, so I am sure they would check out anything they might be able to get. Of course price & quality go hand-in-hand,they would pay a decent price I am sure. I will get some contact info for the owner, and if its OK with the board,anyone could contact him direct. I am very familiar with their operation,but like I stated, I am not connected with them or am speaking for them,its just family and he was concerned for his customers at least getting by till they could switch to something else,if it came to that. As an old miner-old enough to have shoveled bug dust,lol,its sad to see an industry fade away.Thanks again for the replies

trace

Post by trace » Thu. Oct. 27, 2016 7:12 pm

just an update-They got coal from his regular source,finally. Still only enough for regular customers. He said he will stick with his supplier for now. Thanks for the help,anyway

LehighanthraciteMatt
Verified Business Rep.
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Warm Morning
Coal Size/Type: Rice,Buck, and Nut

Post by LehighanthraciteMatt » Tue. Nov. 01, 2016 6:02 am

Our parent company Robindale energy mines bit in western pa

trace

Post by trace » Fri. Nov. 04, 2016 4:50 pm

Thanks for the reply,I will pass it on to him,he says he's getting coal in but who knows how long it will last,probably till the first real cold spell,usually.

Return to “Coal Prices & Quality, Coal Dealer Inquiries & Reviews”