Hand Fed Coal Stove: Crane 404

Post by ddahlgren » Fri. Sep. 30, 2016 2:51 am

Who where and how much?

coaledsweat
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 260M
Coal Size/Type: Pea

Post by coaledsweat » Fri. Sep. 30, 2016 7:30 am

I think Dale is at $375 for a 2400# pallet. Tractor Supply has the lowest pricing but you're limited to nut and rice IIRC. There was a rumour about pea but unconfirmed at this point. They are at $275 @ ton I believe.

ddahlgren
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Crane 404

Post by ddahlgren » Sun. Oct. 09, 2016 4:24 am

coaledsweat wrote:I think Dale is at $375 for a 2400# pallet. Tractor Supply has the lowest pricing but you're limited to nut and rice IIRC. There was a rumour about pea but unconfirmed at this point. They are at $275 @ ton I believe.
I paid 350 a ton delivered from him last year. I like Dale and last year he dropped off 2 pallets to store them here while he was moving his biz from what I could figure out and just said pay for them when you have the money. Trust like that is valued and he had only delivered here a couple times before that but suspect we are both old Yankees and he knew he would get paid. I suspect he wants to get out of biz from the chat we had last year and he is certainly old enough to walk away from it finances allowing.

Saying all that if you live near a Flemings Feed store, Stonington and Plainfield Blaschack is 340 a ton delivered and stacked and 1 ton price for anything more than a ton. If you only need a ton or a little more another choice. I will probably make a few stops at TS for a half dozen bags of Kimmel if driving past it as good for starting a fire or saving one too. My car trunk can safely carry a half dozen bags so 20 or 30 bags plenty to have on hand as drive by every week or so.

Return to “Coal Prices & Quality, Coal Dealer Inquiries & Reviews”