Gale Coal Thumbs up.

titleist1

Post by titleist1 » Sun. Jan. 08, 2017 7:09 pm

That ash looks like a well burned batch.....you have the air / feed dialed in!

cn670
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman Magnum
Coal Size/Type: Rice or buck
Other Heating: Wall mount propane, as needed

Post by cn670 » Mon. Jan. 09, 2017 5:05 am

Burns up nice. I'm pushing as hard as I need to. I'm only backed of 1 1/2 turns from full stroke and run strictly on timer the thermostat is off.

windyhill4.2
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1960 EFM520 installed in truck box
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Crane 404 with variable blower
Coal Size/Type: 404-nut, 520 rice ,anthracite for both

Post by windyhill4.2 » Mon. Mar. 20, 2017 10:03 pm

I have now burned over 27 tons of the Gale rice out of a total of 36.5 tons purchased & about 1.5 ? tons of Gale nut out of 4800# purchased. I started with their standard rice with the first load & have gone to their large rice with all the loads since. Less air is needed for both my EFM520 & my Crane 404 handfed to get the same burn.
I am very happy with both sizes of Gale coal & I am very glad I made a way for the nut coal to happen for this heating season.I have really enjoyed watching the nearly continuous pretty blue flames in my handfed stove & the ease of keeping the fire going at the level I want.

I was amazed when I cleaned the fly ash out of the EFM as to how little ash there was to be cleaned out.

Forum member,fifthg is the owner of Gale & is very nice to deal with,i did not beg or plead for any special pricing but he has been selling coal to me for $140/ton. So far we pick up around 9 tons each time & since I am burning around 20-22 tons per yr. he knows there will be more loads to send my way.
As I told him on the phone,if he keeps using that same dye on the nut coal ;) ,i will be buying more so I can keep watching those pretty blue flames.
Ain't no way that those black rocks can burn with such pretty blue flames without some additive ;) :P toothy

coalusermd
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS1600
Coal Size/Type: Nut Anthracite
Other Heating: Geothermal

Post by coalusermd » Sun. Nov. 12, 2017 9:06 pm

Finally cold weather here in Maryland and fired up the DS 1500 with my first ever load of Gale Coal. Purchase 3.5 tons of Nut back in September. Super clean coal no wood or rocks. Gale Mining processing is top notch. Coal burns great, responds well to air flow changes, lit easily using just a handful of charcoal and provides a long consistent temp burn. The DS 1500 loves this coal.

Return to “Coal Prices & Quality, Coal Dealer Inquiries & Reviews”