Coal at Lowes

biggerpatterson
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 30-95
Coal Size/Type: nut
Other Heating: New natural gas hot air furnace inst, 2020

Post by biggerpatterson » Sat. Dec. 26, 2015 11:47 pm

I was in Lowes in Waynesboro , Pa. today to get a bag of charcoal. They now have Miners Choice coal in bags. Nut and rice. $6.99 a bag . I'm not sure how much they expect to sell . There's a bulk coal yard in Mont Alto , just a few miles away. Maybe in the spring it will go on sale.

Waswood
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS 160

Post by Waswood » Sun. Dec. 27, 2015 8:32 am

I bought a ton of miners choice from our local tsc $5.99 40lb. I guess it's ok but I also have reading, kimmels, and bulk ( that I don't know where it comes from) also . I like all of it better than the miners choice. Im no coal expert but It seemed to burn up fast to me. It won't go to waste but I think that's the last I'll buy.

scoobydoo
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pioneer LE top vent
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Post by scoobydoo » Sun. Dec. 27, 2015 9:09 am

Waswood wrote:I bought a ton of miners choice from our local tsc $5.99 40lb. I guess it's ok but I also have reading, kimmels, and bulk ( that I don't know where it comes from) also . I like all of it better than the miners choice. Im no coal expert but It seemed to burn up fast to me. It won't go to waste but I think that's the last I'll buy.
The miner's choice I bought from TSC is Reading.There were shipping papers that stated the coal came from Reading.

Waswood
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS 160

Post by Waswood » Sun. Dec. 27, 2015 3:07 pm

My reading is from Pottsville Pa and the miners choice I got is labeled from Trevorton Pa.

biggerpatterson

Post by biggerpatterson » Sun. Dec. 27, 2015 6:52 pm

What I saw had Trevorton on the bag . I'll get a couple bags to try. If it's ok I'll get ready for the spring sale. Lowes will sell it at a loss rather than store it over the Summer.

scoobydoo
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pioneer LE top vent
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Post by scoobydoo » Sun. Dec. 27, 2015 10:06 pm

The only coal I could find near Trevorton,is a coal hill where people ride quads and other recreational vehicles.The land is owned by Reading anthracite.Maybe they're processing the hill.

blrman07

Post by blrman07 » Sun. Dec. 27, 2015 10:18 pm

Keep going down the road about 3 miles and you'll come to Lenig's on the left. A small family owned yard with a small breaker. Bulk buy only.

biggerpatterson

Post by biggerpatterson » Sun. Jan. 17, 2016 12:12 pm

I was in Lowes in Waynesboro yesterday. Bagged coal has dropped to $5.99 a bag. A bag of nut coal had broken open. I may still buy a couple bags to try but it didn't look so good. Lots of pea size pieces . Didn't look near the quality of the coal I get from the coal yard in Mont Alto.

Return to “Coal Prices & Quality, Coal Dealer Inquiries & Reviews”