Coal in Delaware County, PA

Jimbo slice
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Aarrow Stratford SC-75
Coal Size/Type: Chestnut

Post by Jimbo slice » Sun. Nov. 01, 2015 6:40 pm

Hey guys, this is my first heating season with a wood/coal fired stove and I'm located in Delaware County, PA. I've been burning wood and am now looking to make the switch to coal. Does anyone know of an anthracite coal dealer in Delco or some place close by that has bagged chestnut size coal? Thanks in advance for your help.

titleist1

Post by titleist1 » Mon. Nov. 02, 2015 7:02 am

I don't remember anyone mentioning a dealer in Delco but there may be one hidden near there somewhere.

Are you looking to get it delivered or pick it up yourself?

The Blaschak website has an email form to fill out and then they will let you know where their dealers are.

http://www.blaschakcoal.com/residential-uses/dealer-locator

Jimbo slice

Post by Jimbo slice » Mon. Nov. 02, 2015 8:10 pm

Thanks Titleist, I will give them a shot. I also found Lutz's coal yard in Schwenksville. It's about 45 minutes away, but I can live with that if it's my closest option.

titleist1

Post by titleist1 » Mon. Nov. 02, 2015 9:15 pm

There are a couple dealers in Quarryville, PA don't know if that would be closer for you than Schwenksville or not.

Some TSC stores are carrying bagged nut coal, you would have to check each store individually to see if they have it or not.

Jimbo slice

Post by Jimbo slice » Mon. Nov. 09, 2015 9:34 pm

Well I ended up going to Lutz's Supply in Skippack, PA. It was about a 45 minute drive from my house which wasn't too bad. I arrived ren minutes before close at 11:50am on Saturday. Purchased 800lbs of nut size in 100lb bags. Total cost was $104. Burned maybe 15 lbs Sunday night. Since this is my first time burning coal, I don't know exactly what separates the good from the bad. I will say that the coal is clean and not very sooty which makes it cleaner to handle.

Eb426
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby
Coal Size/Type: Nut anthracite
Other Heating: Oil

Post by Eb426 » Fri. Nov. 20, 2015 5:30 pm

Lutz's used to sell blaschak. Not sure if that is still what they sell. In Pottstown there is a dealer also. I believe it's called Pottstown roller mills. Also in Pottstown and boyertown are tractor supply stores. Definitely call them before driving there though. Just north of boyertown in bechtelsville is living green landscape supply. They also sell coal but again I would call first.

Dennis
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: AHS/WOC55-multi-fuel/wood,oil,coal
Coal Size/Type: Anthracite/stove size

Post by Dennis » Fri. Nov. 20, 2015 7:18 pm

Eb426 wrote:Lutz's used to sell blaschak. Not sure if that is still what they sell. In Pottstown there is a dealer also. I believe it's called Pottstown roller mills. Also in Pottstown and boyertown are tractor supply stores. Definitely call them before driving there though. Just north of boyertown in bechtelsville is living green landscape supply. They also sell coal but again I would call first.
I called Pottstown Roller Mills last week and they get their coal from Centrialia Coal (they are a broker and don't process their coal),I also called Liv'n Green in Becthelsville and they are getting their coal from Leigh Anthricite,both were $240.00 a ton

BlackBetty06
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 50-93
Coal Size/Type: Stockton Nut
Other Heating: Jotul 118b woodstove, dual fuel heat pump/condensing propane furnace

Post by BlackBetty06 » Tue. Jan. 26, 2016 12:28 pm

You could always try country meadowa coal in Lancaster on Old Philadelphia pike. I would think if you ordered enough they would bring it to you. Otherwise your probably looking at an hour drive. That's about how long it takes me to get to Springfield.

Return to “Coal Prices & Quality, Coal Dealer Inquiries & Reviews”