F. Chervy Coal

ntp71
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Reading Foundry Water Heater
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Old Mill Mini Stoker with Keystoker Feed System
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Gibraltar SCR
Baseburners & Antiques: Caloric UltraMatic Coal-Gas Range
Coal Size/Type: Chestnut

Post by ntp71 » Fri. Mar. 06, 2015 8:43 am

So, I have been getting my own coal from Jeddo the last few years, and this past year I cleaned out several basements and had enough for most of the winter. Now that I am almost out I decided maybe it was time to get some delivered. I know that Chervy gets his coal from the Hazleton area, however it does not come from Jeddo. So where exactly is he pulling it from?

I asked him on the phone and he just said....yeah somewhere near Jeddo. He must be a politician in his spare time. :-)

Any ideas?

np

Rob R.
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Jr

Post by Rob R. » Fri. Mar. 06, 2015 7:55 pm

Hazleton Shaft, Coal Contractors...hard tellin not knowin. :) If this man has a good reputation in your area, get some coal from him and don't sweat the details.

mnk1999
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Alaskan Kodiak
Coal Size/Type: Nut

Post by mnk1999 » Sat. Oct. 03, 2015 11:06 am

have you had good luck with there coal because I did not. I got a lot of fines in it and it was very dole looking like shale and it didn't burn that hot with a lot of clunkers. I am in need to find quality coal in Sweet Valley area.

ntp71
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Reading Foundry Water Heater
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Old Mill Mini Stoker with Keystoker Feed System
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Gibraltar SCR
Baseburners & Antiques: Caloric UltraMatic Coal-Gas Range
Coal Size/Type: Chestnut

Post by ntp71 » Thu. Nov. 05, 2015 1:43 pm

I was not happy with the coal Chervy delivered. In his defense though, the first time he came by I was not home and he wasn't sure which cellar window to deliver it to. So he took my fresh load from the breaker and delivered it to the guy down the street. Once I called him he was able to stop by with a load from his stock yard and that load had a lot of fines in it. I was desperate at the time so I didn't complain. It burned ok and I still have 1 1/2 tons of it left.

I may burn my supply down and switch back to my OLD MILL once I finish the rebuild.

Neal

Return to “Coal Prices & Quality, Coal Dealer Inquiries & Reviews”