Mechanicsville Tractor Supply

Smokeyja
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood #6 baseheater, Richmond Advance Range, WarmMorning 414a x2
Coal Size/Type: Nut / Anthracite
Other Heating: none

Post by Smokeyja » Fri. Feb. 06, 2015 9:44 pm

so to my surprise the Mechanicsville Tractor supply has Kimmel's coal I think they have a pallets worth left ... Maybe about 60 to 100 bags is my guess at a glance .

I purchased 30 bags from them today to show some support . I didn't really "need" more but it will be good to have on hand . I like to have a few bags left over for the next season to carry me a little before I need to go get more . I hope they carry it next year I told them I would buy 5000lbs if they did .

I will most likely still buy a pallet of Blaschak as well from J E Rice next season. I would like to keep supporting them and of course blaschak is top notch!
image.jpg
.JPG | 128.7KB | image.jpg

lowfog01
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Mark II & Mark I
Coal Size/Type: nut/pea

Post by lowfog01 » Sat. Feb. 07, 2015 2:38 am

Thanks for posting - I was heading north today to get another 25 bags to see me through the winter but I'll head south instead. The distance is the same for me. This looks like an opportunity to see how the Kimmels burns without investing in a huge amount of time or money. Hopefully, they will have some left and it will be either nut or pea. I'll call first. Lisa

Smokeyja
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood #6 baseheater, Richmond Advance Range, WarmMorning 414a x2
Coal Size/Type: Nut / Anthracite
Other Heating: none

Post by Smokeyja » Sat. Feb. 07, 2015 7:07 am

Lisa I believe it's all Nut . And I went just before they closed so they should have it . I don't think many people burn coal in Richmond . Good this is its right off 295 basically . Pretty easy commute for you most likely. It's just such a good price you can't not try it . My conclusion is that Kimmels is good anthracite . I still prefer blaschak for a few reasons but to be honest I'd like to burn both. They both have qualities I like .

Return to “Coal Prices & Quality, Coal Dealer Inquiries & Reviews”