Kimmel's Dropped by Tractor Supply ???

joeq
Hand Fed Coal Stove: G111, Southard Robertson

Post by joeq » Wed. Jan. 28, 2015 4:18 pm

I think you guys have been sippin too much of that "white lightning" after yesterdays storm. :D

Hambden Bob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Blower Model Coal Chubby 1982-Serial#0097
Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni ! / Nut
Other Heating: Pro-Pain Forced Air

Post by Hambden Bob » Wed. Jan. 28, 2015 4:47 pm

You Boys Have Definitely Been Winterized Way Too Long ! :smoke: This Just Aint' Right !! Now It's Time Fer The Freetown Fred Winterfest: 1.) Go To TSC,and see if they've still got some Red Union Suits in Stock 2.) Take Jab at Unsuspecting Poor Clerk about the Coal Sales Fall-Down Issue 3.) Return To The Hill,Strip,Put On New Red Union Suit 4.) Take some kind of Primitive Selfie in said Red Union Suit,On Porch,With Dogs,and Post in Flamesuit Central.........There,That's It,That's All My Warped Mind can Come Up With As A Coal Board Winter Madness Breaker.....You'll Notice that I never suggested to get all Lickered' Up and do this.....I'm tryin' to be Decent towards all those that are tryin' to stay on the straight and narrow !! :dancing:

joeq
Hand Fed Coal Stove: G111, Southard Robertson

Post by joeq » Wed. Jan. 28, 2015 4:58 pm

Smokeyja
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood #6 baseheater, Richmond Advance Range, WarmMorning 414a x2
Coal Size/Type: Nut / Anthracite
Other Heating: none

Post by Smokeyja » Fri. Feb. 06, 2015 9:55 pm

So in a odd twist of things , the Tractor supply just twenty minutes from me has Kimmels coal in stock. I got a call from my friend who recently moved to a rental that has a WM818 and he wants to start burning coal and I told him to try tractor supply for a coal hod. Well his phone call said "hey they have Anthracite at TS !" I asked how much and he told me 2.5 pallets worth or close to that. So I ran up there before they closed and bought 30 bags to show my support and to have a good buffer for next season. It seems that they might sell it next season here at least . I was just very surprised they had coal in central VA for sale . To be honest I wanted to buy all the rest they had but I didn't want to drop down too much money after making a few other recent purchases .

I'm proud of my local TS but they still don't actually know how to use it or what anthracite is lol . They know it's "coal" and that's it .

I'm still planning on getting a pallet of blaschak 2 hours away but if TS can come through next year I will probably buy two pallets from them. The price is nice but the distance is amazing !
image.jpg
.JPG | 128.7KB | image.jpg

Return to “Coal Prices & Quality, Coal Dealer Inquiries & Reviews”