Need Coal? Post It Here! Archive 1

coaledsweat
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 260M
Coal Size/Type: Pea

Post by coaledsweat » Mon. Mar. 26, 2007 9:45 am

atlas wrote:I'm looking for a rice coal supplier in the McClure/Lewistown Pa. area.

Go toYellow.com and do a search for coal/coke dealers in your area.

coal berner
Location: Pottsville PA. Schuylkill County PA. The Hart Of Anthracite Coal Country.
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1986 Electric Furnace Man 520 DF

Post by coal berner » Thu. Mar. 29, 2007 9:57 am

atlas wrote:I'm looking for a rice coal supplier in the McClure/Lewistown Pa. area.
IF you go to http://www.local.com put in coal in search and your zip in where. you will fine at lease 10 suppliers in your area anywhere from .02 miles to 26 miles good luck and I hope this helps

henry

Post by henry » Sun. Apr. 01, 2007 9:12 am

I'm looking for a dependable source of quality anthracite nut coal - 6 ton annual deliveries to Beverly, MA. Thanks.

keyman512us

Post by keyman512us » Sun. Apr. 01, 2007 10:54 am

Henry??? Whats' your situation? Did your local supplier go out of business? Your supplier no longer travel "as far"? What's the deal? Are you stuck with no supplier? Or are you just trying to "shop around". I hear the going rate in your area now can be as high as $335.00/ton. Give us some info...we might be able to give you some info back...

henry

Post by henry » Mon. Apr. 02, 2007 11:17 am

keyman512us wrote:Whats' your situation? Did your local supplier go out of business?
A couple of years ago my supplier went out of business. Suffice it to say, I haven't found a solid supplier since. Last year's load had bituminous mixed in...

e.alleg

Post by e.alleg » Wed. Apr. 04, 2007 10:52 pm

supposedly the Narragansett anthracite is the best coal available, I don't know who sells it but I'm sure someone in RI or eastern MA could deliver a 20 ton load to you if need be.

TREEFRMR

Post by TREEFRMR » Sun. Apr. 29, 2007 11:30 pm

I'm looking for coal dealers near Quincy, Illinois, in or near Adams County. Would consider surrounding counties like Hancock, Pike, Schuyler, or McDonough. Thanks!

Hardcoaler

Post by Hardcoaler » Wed. May. 02, 2007 9:55 pm

thom44130 wrote:I travel from eastern Ohio to western PA often (Altoona, Williamsport, sometimes even to Harrisburg area occ.) Any sources of pea coal to be dumped in the back of my pickup? Anthracite is tough to get here in Ohio- and the local soft coal doesn't compare to Anthracite.

mudsock

Post by mudsock » Mon. May. 07, 2007 3:24 pm

capt john wrote:any one on the island want to get together and try to get a load of real anthracite coal deliver split the cost . tired of be held for ransome here . pm me thanks capt john :?:
I would be in also, rice coal. Anyone get word on what that would cost?

drujinin
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hearth-Mate Series 2480
Coal Size/Type: Nut

Post by drujinin » Thu. May. 24, 2007 12:30 pm

I live in Wisconsin and travel to western NY and PA a couple of times a year. I have a trailer now. How do I find or contact a mine or large breaker about stopping and getting a ton or 2? I would prefer Anthracite but BIT is fine. I would rather pay a small family mine owner than a large breaker but am not fussy as long as its not full of stone.
drujinin

lsayre
Stoker Coal Boiler: AHS S130 Coal Gun
Coal Size/Type: Lehigh Anthracite Pea
Other Heating: Resistance Boiler (13.5 KW), ComfortMax 75

Post by lsayre » Mon. May. 28, 2007 1:43 pm

I'm looking for a bulk dealer who can deliver decent nut coal (preferably anthracite, but I will consider decent bituminous) in N/E Ohio. I live near Akron. Any suggestions?

st-bob
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Saey Hanover I (65,000 BTU)
Other Heating: Oil fired forced hot water

Post by st-bob » Sun. Jul. 22, 2007 8:49 am

Well, summer is here and coal is probably the last thing most people are thinking about right now. Summer should be the time to lay in your stockpile for the next heating season.

I'm looking for a way to get 3 pallet-loads of bagged coal delivered to my house cheaper than going to the local coal stove places. It would seem that if several local coal-burners got together we could contract with a trucker who has a piggy-back fork truck to pick up and deliver pallet-loads of bagged coal from a Pennsylvania breaker to our individual homes for less money than the local suppliers would charge.

Anyone ever do this? Want to get together and do it again? Personally, I need only 3 - 4 tons of pea and nut coal for a full season. I'd like to keep the cost below $250/ton delivered if possible.

coaledsweat
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 260M

Post by coaledsweat » Sun. Jul. 22, 2007 11:31 am

I'm in south central CT, I would go 6 tons if we can pull it off. I priced a 25 ton load a few years back and it was mid $3K loose. I would think even with the lift truck and bagged coal the price would run about $180 or so a ton.

equipmint

Post by equipmint » Mon. Jul. 30, 2007 9:00 pm

Live in Cuddebackville NY (Near Port Jervis) zip code 12729 Any ideas of coal suppliers

Duengeon master
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harmon Mark III
Coal Size/Type: Anthracite pea and nut mix. Bituminous lump

Post by Duengeon master » Sat. Aug. 04, 2007 6:15 pm

equipmint wrote:Live in Cuddebackville NY (Near Port Jervis) zip code 12729 Any ideas of coal suppliers
Hi eqiptmint, if you live near Port Jervis, N.Y. you are only about 1 hour drive from the Scranton, Pa. coal mines. :P There are sevral suppliers in that area. the closer you get, the more you will find! :) happy hunting :lol:

Return to “Coal Prices & Quality, Coal Dealer Inquiries & Reviews”