Coal Quality From Various Sources

traderfjp

Post by traderfjp » Tue. Oct. 07, 2008 1:18 am

I was wondering if you have ever heard of Mallard Coal? A trucker wanted to sell me a load from them. He swore they had some of the best coal in PA. I can't seem to find them listed anywhere.

coal berner
Location: Pottsville PA. Schuylkill County PA. The Hart Of Anthracite Coal Country.
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1986 Electric Furnace Man 520 DF

Post by coal berner » Tue. Oct. 07, 2008 2:22 am

I think your truck driver was talking about This place Never burned there coal or no anyone that did with UAE in
Mount Carmel I would have no reason to try Mallard coal
**Broken Link(s) Removed**http://www.pabulletin.com/secure/data/vol27/27-1/14c.html

lewis

Post by lewis » Tue. Oct. 07, 2008 6:12 am

UAE Harmony coal seems to have a lighter shade of RED to the ash and less clinkering this year . 100% burn very very clean ash . I like it.

Also have a ton of Superior purchased in Aug and haven't burned any of it yet . Maybe next week

h8fulhilbily

Post by h8fulhilbily » Tue. Oct. 07, 2008 8:25 am

Can anyone give me a contact at either UAE Harmony or Superior coal .Both preferalbe and do they sell bagged?
Wanting to travel short of a distance as possible.
thanks......your local H8FULHILBILY...... :D

coal berner
Location: Pottsville PA. Schuylkill County PA. The Hart Of Anthracite Coal Country.

Post by coal berner » Tue. Oct. 07, 2008 2:27 pm

lewis wrote:UAE Harmony coal seems to have a lighter shade of RED to the ash and less clinkering this year . 100% burn very very clean ash . I like it.

Also have a ton of Superior purchased in Aug and haven't burned any of it yet . Maybe next week
Thats because UAE it is red ash Lykens # 2 coal Vein runs between 6 to 7 % ash content in a hand fed stove it burns to powder

Superior is also red ash with a little white ash mixed in but the ash content will be higher 12.4 % but you will get more
BTU's per lb out of it
Last edited by coal berner on Tue. Oct. 07, 2008 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

coal berner

Post by coal berner » Tue. Oct. 07, 2008 2:43 pm

h8fulhilbily wrote:Can anyone give me a contact at either UAE Harmony or Superior coal .Both preferalbe and do they sell bagged?
Wanting to travel short of a distance as possible.
thanks......your local H8FULHILBILY...... :D
Nither one sells bagged coal bulk loose only if you want bagged coal you will have to buy blaschak coal Reading coal
kimmel coal & Jeddo was bagging there coal not sure if they are still doing it Here are the Numbers for the breakers

call before you go they have a two ton limit Per week on there coal local People only yo will have to give them you name

Also call them to check on Rice supply

This is Reading anthracite breaker above

http://readinganthracite.com/

http://maps.google.com/maps?sourceid=navclient&ie ... 0258382866

mike

Post by mike » Tue. Oct. 07, 2008 4:53 pm

Jeddo doesn't bag coal anymore. Also if anybody wants to get rice coal from Jeddo your best bet is to call ahead. A month and a half ago Jeddo didn't have much rice on hand and wasn't selling it to retail customers. Now they have plenty on hand but that changes at the drop of a hat. They do have all the other sizes in stock and never really run out of them.

BIG BEAM

Post by BIG BEAM » Tue. Oct. 07, 2008 9:42 pm

mike wrote:Well a couple of Yuengling premiums (not lager although that works in a pinch) and you might get the name of the guy off of me but not the location :shh: It's just a small operation pretty much just for his own delivery customers.
Just bustin you and JC's chops :P
What makes it so good? does it burn hot like superior and low ash?Just asking,I'm more that happy with superior.
DON

Pallmalled

Post by Pallmalled » Thu. Oct. 09, 2008 8:52 pm

Anyone using coal from cornwall supply in New York? Was told it is a premium low ash (6-8%) anthracite from various mines in Pa. Would like feed back before purchasing large amount. Burning bagged reading now, seems ok but supplier(tri-County) will not drive on grass to deliver bulk.

mike

Post by mike » Thu. Oct. 09, 2008 10:28 pm

Cornwall's trucks are at Jeddo pretty often. The coal from jeddo isn't at 6% ash though it's right around 8-9% and doesn't burn bad at all.

BIG BEAM

Post by BIG BEAM » Sat. Oct. 11, 2008 8:19 pm

I know this is a tough question but,2 yrs ago I got some white ash coal that made no clinkers and burnned to small flakes.It made good heat not great heat but was very EZ to shake down.If I had to guess I would say 8-9% ash and it was very white.Any info of what coal this was would be helpful.
DON

Also it was unwashed and the size was a little small for nut coal.

BIG BEAM

Post by BIG BEAM » Mon. Oct. 13, 2008 3:38 pm

An educated guess maybe?
DON

BIG BEAM

Post by BIG BEAM » Thu. Oct. 16, 2008 2:06 pm

Well my coal guy is going to make another run down to NEPA for coal for someone else BUT
Superior said.....no out of state
UAE said..... 2 ton limit(just another way of saying no out of state
Summit said...no out of state
Calvin V Lenigs leave a message
Blaschak....we got it..180.00/ton :shock:
Hudson....we got it.....170.00/ton :shock:
This was for nut.I'm all set for this year but he was going to pick up coal for someone else and I would buy the balance if it was good coal for next year.He gets 5 ton at a time.Then he said Casey Kassa had some,but I wasn't interested in that.
The moral of the story guys and gals,
BETTER GET IT WHILE YOU CAN WHERE EVER YOU CAN !
DON

EDIT Sherman has coal at 160.00/ton so he's gettin that.I guess I'll take a ton to try.
I'm not gunna be sorry,am I Mike :D
Just kiddin..I'll try anything once....Well almost anything.

coal berner

Post by coal berner » Thu. Oct. 16, 2008 3:17 pm

Have you tried Sherman coal co. Jeddo coal Kimmel coal South Tamaqua coal Pockets or Tuscarora coal
Just to name a few call them and see who has enough coal for you

mike

Post by mike » Thu. Oct. 16, 2008 3:45 pm

I doubt you'll be sorry with coal from Sherman, maybe not as hot as superior but is definitly one of the better ones out there in my book.

Return to “Coal Prices & Quality, Coal Dealer Inquiries & Reviews”