LEHIGH Anthracite Review

Boots
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker KA-6
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Burnham SFB 101 (sold)

Post by Boots » Sun. Sep. 07, 2014 11:26 am

Oldkingcoal wrote:There is only one location to buy at, they had a small scale retail location for a very short period of time that is no longer open. If you are still finding two locations, the second in Armagh is probably an office location. For the breaker, take 209 out of Tamaqua toward Coaldale. Make a left about 1.3 miles from the intersection of 309 and 209. Cross the train tracks and stop at the trailer on the left. Bring a hard hat if you have one (or get the loaner) fill out the safety paperwork and turn left up to the scale. Drive on the left hand side of the road like the Ukes, the guy in the trailer can give you specifics. They should load out anything that is not a pickup. To give you an idea, the loader they used to fill me was a bit bigger than the 9 ft long dump bed on my 29,900 GVW Brigadier.
This information is correct. I went and picked up 1.5 tons of rice Saturday morning. Everyone I encountered there was pleasant, and helpful. I will give my opinion of the product once I have burned some of it :)

Rob R.
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Jr

Post by Rob R. » Sun. Sep. 07, 2014 2:29 pm

I have been burning Lehigh rice for 1 week, it burns very nice and the ash content seems average.

smokeyCityTeacher
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 30-95

Post by smokeyCityTeacher » Tue. Sep. 16, 2014 11:08 am

I just called them this morning and was connected to the scales office. A woman confirmed that they DO load pickup trucks but only from 7am - 2pm on Saturdays and the price is $!60/T for all sizes of coal. I forgot to ask if they sell by the half or quarter.

I might try Lehigh instead of Direnzo only because Lehigh is less than 20 miles off of Rt 80. and a fully loaded pickup truck prefers highways to mountain roads.

garyk2303

Post by garyk2303 » Sat. Sep. 27, 2014 12:31 pm

I was just at Lehigh this morning for 3 ton of rice coal, I got 3 ton of Chestnut last week. They are open from 7-2 on a Saturday and they will load pickup trucks and trailers. They load with a skid loader so there is no mess. Everyone there today was very pleasant. You have to stop at the guard shack on the way in and on the way out. Very easy process and very clean. I paid $160.00 @ ton and the coal is very clean and looks good!

Boots
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker KA-6
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Burnham SFB 101 (sold)

Post by Boots » Sat. Sep. 27, 2014 3:55 pm

I have been burning for the last 3 weeks non stop in my k-a6. The rice coal I bought appears to burn thoroughly, the ash is white and the consistency is a mix of powdery and some more solid pieces. Very little unburned pieces of coal. Some of the ash sticks together, but I would not say its clinker as it breaks apart easly. The coal is mostly free of debris, and very clean. I did see a couple of very small pieces of wood in my coal, they were roughly the size of the pieces of coal. So far I am very happy with this coal, the thing I like most about it is that its low sulfur, I can confirm as I do not have any sulfur smell outside like I did with other coal.

Elfmaze

Post by Elfmaze » Sun. Oct. 05, 2014 8:27 am

We were up here last Saturday and we are going back next week. Picked up two ton of rice. They wanted to make double sure my equipment would hold up to the weight. But The president/ceo Rusty was friendly and worked with my unusual ibc containers. The staff was friendly and very safety oriented. 160 a ton and no hassles. Highly recomended

JeepinPete
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Post by JeepinPete » Wed. Oct. 08, 2014 4:09 pm

I also went there on Sat. Thanks to the gps, I ended up taking the long way (shame on me for not double checking the dang thing :mad: ). Got there at 2 on the dot, they still let me in. I ended up with 1.4t of rice. Didn't want to push it this time as it was the first time with this trailer (which I bought that morning), and the first tow of any real weight with my Land Cruiser.

The coal is the cleanest I have bought , which includes loads from Harmony, Direnzo, and Blacshak. Pick up a hand full and your hands were not totally black. Can't comment on how it is burning yet as there was some leftover from last winter.

The folks at Lehigh were polite and friendly. I will be buying my coal from them for as long as they sell it :D

NEastUnlmtd
Stoker Coal Boiler: GJ-EFM Hybrid
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman Magnum

Post by NEastUnlmtd » Thu. Oct. 09, 2014 1:58 pm

Thanks for the info.

I plugged the address into Google maps and for some odd reason it landed out in Tri Valley! I hope that isn't happening to folks, it could make for a long day. :!: :!: :!:

JeepinPete

Post by JeepinPete » Thu. Oct. 09, 2014 7:54 pm

That's what happened to me. I was coming back from Harrisburg, didn't pay attention to where it was sending me until I got there. It is a really pretty drive if you have the time :o

stovepipemike

Post by stovepipemike » Fri. Oct. 10, 2014 6:51 am

The first time I went there the GPS voice said "arriving at destination on right" . I looked right and left and only saw forrest on both sides, and a lot of it. I had to get turned around and go back which wasn't fun as the trailer does not like tight turn arounds. I went in where the big sign is and that worked. I don't know what is ailing my GPS but I suspect it is getting old like the operator. Mike

McGiever
Stoker Coal Boiler: AXEMAN-ANDERSON 130 "1959"
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: BUCKET A DAY water heater
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Warm Morning 414A
Coal Size/Type: PEA,NUT,STOVE /ANTHRACITE
Other Heating: Ground Source Heat Pump and some Solar

Post by McGiever » Fri. Oct. 10, 2014 10:11 am

Might be helpful if someone was able to lock on/record the coordinates of GPS while arriving at the gate/guard house and post them for others. :idea:

LEHIGHANTHRACITE

Post by LEHIGHANTHRACITE » Fri. Oct. 10, 2014 11:03 am

If you type in 1233 east broad you get an accurate location. If you type in 1401 broad street and leave off the “east” part, you get an accurate location.
Our latitude, longitude address for 1401 east broad is 40° 48’ 13.87”N and 75° 56’ 54.26” W. Sorry for the confusion.

LEHIGHANTHRACITE

Post by LEHIGHANTHRACITE » Fri. Oct. 10, 2014 11:24 am

Just to be clear, the decimal equivalent for the latitude / longitude is 40.8038°N and 75.9484°W. Again, sorry for the confusion.

JeepinPete

Post by JeepinPete » Fri. Oct. 10, 2014 7:31 pm

No worries. I have no idea how Tri Valley = Tamaqua in google's eye...

Lightning
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Modified AA 130
Coal Size/Type: Pea Size - Anthracite

Post by Lightning » Fri. Oct. 10, 2014 7:59 pm

I've had similar issues with my cell phone navigation. Once I had it help me find my way to a gig and it led me into a desolate location out in the woods on a back road. "You are approaching your destination on the left.." I thought hmmm.. nothing going on here lol. So I had to call the sound man and explain I was lost.

Anyways I found that if I used a specific address instead of having it find a location by name, it took me where I needed to go.

Return to “Coal Prices & Quality, Coal Dealer Inquiries & Reviews”