LEHIGH Anthracite Review

swyman
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman-Anderson 260M Leisure Line AA-220 Boiler (FOR SALE)
Coal Size/Type: Lehigh Pea

Post by swyman » Sat. Nov. 30, 2019 3:03 am

I'd be interested in purchasing a hat. Let us know!

CapeCoaler
Stoker Coal Boiler: want AA130
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machine BS#4, Harman MKII, Hitzer 503,...
Coal Size/Type: Pea/Nut/Stove

Post by CapeCoaler » Sat. Nov. 30, 2019 3:13 am

Lehigh Coal Swag...

Hoytman
Location: swOH near a little town where the homes are mobile and the cars aren’t
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 354
Coal Size/Type: nut coal
Other Heating: electric, wood, oil

Post by Hoytman » Fri. Feb. 28, 2020 8:33 pm

Hoytman
Location: swOH near a little town where the homes are mobile and the cars aren’t

Post by Hoytman » Fri. Feb. 28, 2020 8:37 pm

10 bags of nut bought at Hitzer factory in Berne.

Have burned 9 of 10 bags of nut. One more bag to go...all I had.

Hoytman

Post by Hoytman » Fri. Feb. 28, 2020 9:12 pm

Keepaeyeonit wrote:
Mon. Oct. 07, 2019 2:07 pm
1234E095-2210-4441-A7C5-A722F5C70B5B.jpeg
223E337C-BFA0-4938-A5BB-1AEBE55CC7B9.jpeg
This is #5700 of Lehigh stove i picked up at W.L. Hall lime and coal in Loysburg PA last Saturday, i was going to get 1/2 stove and 1/2 nut but the sizing is perfect and this load is very clean.
1DB508FC-DB81-4ADB-9736-32AAE580ED72.jpeg
If you look at this coal in my bin the small pieces are last years Bagged Lehigh( way to small for me and the bigger pieces are Blaschak stove)
I would prefer coal like in the top two photos. What I bought burned very well. It burned longer with less heat on the same dial setting with my Hitzer, likely because of less air going through the fire bed because of the fines. I will take a picture of the fines in the bucket. I’ve already burned most of them and the two photos above of my bucket is NOT what I am talking about.

The largest pieces in my bags appear to be way smaller than in the above truck bed. Of course the largest pieces in my bags were fine by me.

Don’t really have anything especially good to say about this coal and I don’t really have anything bad to say about it.

I will say that burning 10 bags of a product is hardly representative of a truck load and a truck load is hardly representative of 1000’s of tons of product.

Having held commercial drivers license for 25 years, been an equipment operator as well for that long, I know full well a bag or a load is NOT representative of the supply. Someone always gets the bottom of the pile before it gets restocked. I did NOT get any rocks in my coal. Lol!! It all burned very well.

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sat. Feb. 29, 2020 6:50 am

H, remember you're dealing with Mother Earth!!! the mines do the best they can on sorting coal size--nobody is there measuring each piece--close is good--maybe in a perfect world it would be different!! I've been burning BLASCHAK for 10+ yrs & have never had any rocks, sometimes small pieces of wood from support structure--also bottom of pile will have some fines. Make a decision & stick with it--my only suggestion is to look at what you're getting--if ya can't it's a crap shoot--plus if you're doing bagged--it is what it is!!

Attachments

Coal_Sizes  2.jpg
.JPG | 125.9KB | Coal_Sizes 2.jpg

Hoytman

Post by Hoytman » Sat. Feb. 29, 2020 11:44 am

Bulk is hard to get this far west unless you order a lot and have it trucked to you. Hard to get a good price on bulk that’s sitting here already...and it’s a long way to me. Plus, I would be paying shipping on it twice.

I’m just showing what I got out of the bags. I would like what is pictured in that truck bed and I expect that is what it will look like most of the time.

By the way...me and Levi can walk down the road to fish in the local gravel pit. It’s about 1/4 mile from the house. Of course that in itself doesn’t explain my understanding of what you’re saying. I can be at the plant in 5 minutes. Have hauled thousands of tons out of there working on roads and bridges. From hauling to grading. So yes, I understand what you’re saying about Mother Earth and the processing plants.

I guess I shouldn’t have posted this.

LehighanthraciteMatt
Verified Business Rep.
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Warm Morning
Coal Size/Type: Rice,Buck, and Nut

Post by LehighanthraciteMatt » Fri. Mar. 20, 2020 7:34 pm

Please anyone who had an issue to private message me. I would like to resolve any issues. You are also welcome to call my cell 570-621-8871

Return to “Coal Prices & Quality, Coal Dealer Inquiries & Reviews”