Wood Add on Boiler

debbieweldridge

Post by debbieweldridge » Wed. Mar. 12, 2014 7:42 pm

Has anyone here in Maine added on this wood burner? Do you like it? What is the wood consumption? How efficient is it? What's your opinion?

whistlenut
Stoker Coal Boiler: AA130's,260's, AHS130&260's,EFM900,GJ & V-Wert
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Franks,Itasca 415,Jensen, NYer 130,Van Wert
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Alaska, EFM, Keystoker, Yellow Flame
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska, Keystoker-2,Leisure Line
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Alaska, Gibraltar, Keystone,Vc Vigilant 2
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Ford, Jensen, NYer, Van Wert,
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwoods
Coal Size/Type: Barley, Buck, Rice ,Nut, Stove
Other Heating: Oil HWBB

Post by whistlenut » Thu. Mar. 13, 2014 10:05 am

What wood add-on boiler? If there is an attachment or more info, it did not make it to the post. Please add more info about your situation, requirements and location. Last time I was in Maine, it was a long way from Elliot to Madawaska, so something more specific could yield you a local experienced forum member of friend. Just because you are on a coal forum, don't think that most of us have or do not burn wood.......we just prefer coal. Good luck in your search.
Last edited by whistlenut on Thu. Mar. 13, 2014 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rob R.
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Jr

Post by Rob R. » Thu. Mar. 13, 2014 10:14 am

Generally speaking, unless it is a gassification boiler you can expect a lot of smoke and creosote. Consumption will depend on load.

debbieweldridge

Post by debbieweldridge » Fri. Mar. 14, 2014 6:24 pm

We are interested in the 100,000 BTU wood only add-on boiler made by logwood. Does anyone out there have any experience with this boiler or this company? We are located in Porter, ME and would appreciate any feedback you could offer. For instance, how does it work, how much wood do you use per year, easy maintenance and cleaning?, reputable dealer, etc. thanks.

Hambden Bob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Blower Model Coal Chubby 1982-Serial#0097
Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni ! / Nut
Other Heating: Pro-Pain Forced Air

Post by Hambden Bob » Fri. Mar. 14, 2014 8:01 pm

Hey Deb,let me gently re-emphasize that you've landed on an Anthracite Hard Coal Forum. We burn"The Black Gold" here primarily. Our Frequent Traffic here is geared toward that end. I didn't want you to rot waiting for a great amount of answers regarding your specific unit here. Have you tried doing a google search regarding your needs? Have you tried Hearth.com? Have you thought of coming into our place here to investigate what will allow you to get a full night's sleep without having to stoke the wood burner? We may burn the Black Rocks,but we're not a Black-Hearted Bunch here! Let us know if we can help you with Anthracite Coal ! :up:

coalder
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: harman sf 160
Coal Size/Type: Nut
Other Heating: wood parlor stove

Post by coalder » Sat. Mar. 15, 2014 8:42 am

Debbie, here is a link to your boiler http://marathonheaterco.com Their main office is in Richford, NY. The unit you are looking at is probably the"ABO24C . It is a combination wood/coal boiler, which ain't a bad thing. Trust me the day will come when the wood is gonna win!!! I have a similar type unit Harman which also is capable of burning both; although I primarily use coal. In upper right of main page go to google there are posts about this unit there Good luck. Jim
Edit: just checked their website and they do offer a wood only boiler. However still nice to have options.

Return to “Coal Prices & Quality, Coal Dealer Inquiries & Reviews”