Coal Quality, Looking Good

Got Coal? You can make dealer inquiries here for both anthracite and bituminous coal. Co-op information for those looking to purchase in bulk as a group. Reviews on different brands and dealers.
Short Bus
Stoker Coal Boiler: Kewanee boiler with Anchor stoker
Coal Size/Type: Chestnut / Sub-bituminous C
Other Heating: Propane wall furnace back up only

Post Wed. Feb. 19, 2014 12:40 am

I was up getting some coal in Healy 2/15 and didn't think much about it. But I've been noticing my coal hopper is not going down as fast and it is making nice clinkers, which I like as it makes ash removal easier. I've been looking at the coal and where it is freshly broken it is like black glass, and I have very few fines, so the coal is defiantly harder. :) :!:
If it was as easy as burning oil, everybody would be burning coal.
Forum reality, If you ask wheres a good steak house? You will be informed that what you really want is pork chops.
Enjoy it for what it is worth.

Visit Lehigh Anthracite

dcrane
Verified Business Rep.
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Crane 404

Post Wed. Feb. 19, 2014 7:38 am

wish I found the same with blaschak nut.... early season the stuff was like shiny diamonds and burned hot N long .... now ive picked up another ton about 2 weeks ago that is CLEARLY not from the same mine or same vein :( ...its not bad by any means (still very good)... but its not the rocket fuel I got earlier this season toothy wish I bought 10 ton of that stuff :doh:

Return to “Coal Prices & Quality, Coal Dealer Inquiries & Reviews”