4 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 46
- Joined: Sat. Jan. 07, 2012 7:39 am
- Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska Channing III
- Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 30-95
- Coal Size/Type: RICE COAL/ nut coal
- Other Heating: HEAT PUMP
- Stove/Furnace Make: alaska channing III
- Location: Southern New Jersey
I emailed Penn Keystone Coal . I wanted to pickup bagged rice , they quoted me $375 for a pallet of 1.25 tons ? that is very high. Has anyone ever dealt with them?
- Rob R.
- Site Moderator
- Posts: 11501
- Joined: Fri. Dec. 28, 2007 4:26 pm
- Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM DF520
- Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 50-93
- Coal Size/Type: Lehigh Rice
- Other Heating: Dad's 1953 EFM Highboy
- Location: Chazy, NY
I have bought several TT loads from them and their price was very competitive. My guess is that since you only want a small quantity they are charging you a retail price. Last I knew they didn't even sell less than truckload quantities.
- Posts: 1209
- Joined: Fri. Oct. 03, 2008 12:13 pm
- Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman-Anderson AA-130, Keystoker K-6
- Hand Fed Coal Boiler: HS Tarm 502 Wood/Coal/Oil
- Coal Size/Type: pea, buck, rice
- Location: Napoli, NY
Penn Keysonte Coal is a broker and is set up to deliver 22.5 ton truckloads of coal in bulk or bagged. Small loads are not their thing.gjambor wrote:I emailed Penn Keystone Coal . I wanted to pickup bagged rice , they quoted me $375 for a pallet of 1.25 tons ? that is very high. Has anyone ever dealt with them?