Blashak Bagged Rice Versus Bulk Quality

mlchelp

Post by mlchelp » Sat. Nov. 16, 2013 7:22 am

I have been buying bulk Blashak from Mengle coal for the last several seasons. From time to time I buy a bunch of bagged Blashak with the Santa on the bag from Ace hardware in Mount Pocono. I get the bulk from Mengle for 200 a ton delivered. It cost me around 5.99 for each 40lb bag from Ace. The bagged from Ace seems to burn a lot hotter and has a lot less ash but is a lot more expensive. Ace will deliver 4 pallets of 60 bags each for 330 each. Anybody have comments on why there is such a difference in the quality between the bagged and the bulk. I'm thinking about just having Ace deliver the 4 pallets this year instead of buying the bulk? Is the coal Mengle is selling me really Blashak as they claim? The bagged will cost me 275 a ton and burns a lot hotter and has less ash than the bulk that is costing me 200 a ton. Its also a lot easier to just dump in the 40lb bags than carry buckets from the coal bin.

rwwsr
Stoker Coal Boiler: ahs s260 3
Coal Size/Type: pea

Post by rwwsr » Sun. Nov. 17, 2013 8:05 pm

Have burned blaschak bulk and bagged. Seams variable, some times the bagged is better and some times the bulk is better, never a problem with either. If bagged is easy go with that. :)

Return to “Coal Prices & Quality, Coal Dealer Inquiries & Reviews”