Blaschak Coal

hcarlow
Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL 110

Post by hcarlow » Mon. Nov. 04, 2013 11:21 am

This is only my second year of burning coal so I am not sure if this happens often or not to others . I have been getting a few chunks of coal bigger than the rice in the bags of coal this year which didn't happen at all last year with the blaschak . The pieces are about 3/4 to 1 inch in diameter . I'm not sure if this would jam up the feed or not . I dump my coal in a wheel barrow to dry some and then shovel it into a hod so this is how I am seeing these pieces . I guess my question is would these pieces jam things up .

blrman07

Post by blrman07 » Mon. Nov. 04, 2013 11:44 am

Probably what you are seeing are random pieces of Buckwheat size that sneaked through the screens. Your LL should be able to handle it without any problem because it uses a carpet type feeder. If you had another type of feeder such as a T paddle you might have an issue but you should be just fine.

Rev. Larry

hcarlow

Post by hcarlow » Mon. Nov. 04, 2013 11:51 am

Thanks Rev. Larry that puts my mind at rest in case I missed a piece .

kstills
Stoker Coal Boiler: WL 110

Post by kstills » Mon. Nov. 04, 2013 12:17 pm

hcarlow wrote:Thanks Rev. Larry that puts my mind at rest in case I missed a piece .
I ran about 200lbs of pea coal through the WL110 this summer when I ran out of rice. Handled it fine, but the burn rate was considerably different. Pea is about 9/16 max, though mine looked bigger than that.

dcrane
Verified Business Rep.
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Crane 404

Post by dcrane » Mon. Nov. 04, 2013 1:42 pm

be very glad you got a Leisure Line :clap: I could run rocks through that thing and it would work :lol:

as far as blaschak coal goes... im sold! ive tryed a lot of coal over the years and maybe they just hit a good vein last year or something but their coal is GREAT!

hcarlow

Post by hcarlow » Mon. Nov. 04, 2013 3:48 pm

dcrane wrote:be very glad you got a Leisure Line :clap: I could run rocks through that thing and it would work :lol:

as far as blaschak coal goes... im sold! ive tryed a lot of coal over the years and maybe they just hit a good vein last year or something but their coal is GREAT!
Blaschak is the only coal available in my area so I don't have any other to compare it with . It seems to be fine for my needs .

Return to “Coal Prices & Quality, Coal Dealer Inquiries & Reviews”