Out of These 3 Who Would You Go With for Rice

BD1
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Keystoker 90 Direct Vent
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Post by BD1 » Thu. Oct. 17, 2013 8:46 am

Streits, Chervy or Wittenbrader
Streits & Chervy I think get it from Hazelton not 100% sure & Wittenbrader gets it from Blaschak
or any other recommendations

fifthg
Verified Business Rep.
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: warm morning # 500
Baseburners & Antiques: Peninsular Western Hot Blast No.44K and Reading Foundry & Supply Co.

Post by fifthg » Thu. Oct. 17, 2013 4:03 pm

A.M. carter or Charlie Grier get their coal at Gale Mining,Good delivery men,both own and drive their own trucks,are conscientious and reliable.Grier might not go to Moscow.Carter 570 292 3278,Grier 570 578 7043

mozz
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 1982 AA-130 Steam

Post by mozz » Thu. Oct. 17, 2013 4:23 pm

I've had Streits pea coal before when it was recommended from a guy at work who lives in Hazle Township. Nice shiny gloss black coal, the receipt said Coal Contractors. Cost a little more to have it delivered this far but was a nice coal, no complaints, was more a reddish ash. Had Wittenbraders pick me up some rice coal 5 years back when I had my Leisure line pocono, good coal, he drives out Hazleton way also, might have gotten it from Superior or somewhere near there. Was very uniform in size, price was higher but the pocono didn't care what I fed it. I think he is retired from the trucking business but owns a coal truck so he does it on the side this time of the year.
Chervy's coal never had it, but I have called for pricing to here and he was right on the money.

Go down Agel and pick up a few bags (50lbs)and see how it burns. I've seen his driver up past Mt Cobb so he will deliver to your area. He'll probably be your best price beside Casey Kassa. Coal varies from year to year so where you got good coal low ash and great heat, might change the next year.

LTStorm07
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1980 EFM DF520
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Alaska Stoker II
Coal Size/Type: Rice
Other Heating: Heat pump / Propane

Post by LTStorm07 » Wed. Oct. 23, 2013 8:54 pm

Both Streits and Chervy get from Contractors(aka Stockton) and from Hazelton Shaft. Whatever one is cheaper at the time they go to. Both are good dealers. I used to use Chervy until this year. I wanted to get coal from the Mt Carmel area because I heard it was better. Truthfully to me it's much better. I say this because I get less ash and more heat. I think it's because the rice I have now is slightly oversized. Chervy's last year had a lot more fines than normal and a heck of a lot more ash. Hence why I went somewhere else this year.. It if hadn't been for the load last year, I'd still be using Chervy this year. Now I heard from hazelton shaft they're having an excellent year, better than normal, but I don't have any to try. Bottom line, I'd go to whoever is cheaper. Just my $.02

Return to “Coal Prices & Quality, Coal Dealer Inquiries & Reviews”