Blakeslee: Need 3 Tons Rice Anthracite Delivered W/Conveyor

themcd1998
Coal Size/Type: Rice Anthracite

Post by themcd1998 » Sat. Sep. 07, 2013 9:11 am

Feel free to PM me with prices and for more info re our coal bin location/setup. Definitely need someone with a conveyor.

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sat. Sep. 07, 2013 9:32 am

Might help to know where you are--Blakeslee's pretty vague--hmmmm, maybe that's why there's a place for that in our profiles--no bodies gonna steal ya, don't ya know ;)

themcd1998

Post by themcd1998 » Sat. Sep. 07, 2013 12:54 pm

freetown fred wrote:Might help to know where you are--Blakeslee's pretty vague--hmmmm, maybe that's why there's a place for that in our profiles--no bodies gonna steal ya, don't ya know ;)
LOL, sorry. Off of 115 several miles south of the racetrack, in Sierra View.

Here's my problem. The people who owned the house before us had the coal system installed and they put the coal bin in the same room as the stove. Which is very convenient for filling the stove, but it's about 42' from the driveway to the deck,then a left turn around a 12' deck into a basement window to get the coal into the bin. Or under the deck since it's a raised deck, but then then you'd be going at an odd angle into the window/bin. And it's uphill from the driveway to that window.

I'm really not looking forward to shoveling 3 tons of coal into buckets again to carry it into the coal bin room. Does anyone have a conveyor system that can move coal that far?

Richard S.
Mayor
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert VA1200
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/Anthracite

Post by Richard S. » Sat. Sep. 07, 2013 1:20 pm

themcd1998 wrote: Does anyone have a conveyor system that can move coal that far?
You might be surprised what a high lift can do, if you can get the truck near the window as in 20 feet away post some pictures and I'll tell you if it can be done.

Wiz
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker Ka 6
Coal Size/Type: Casey Junk Coal :(

Post by Wiz » Sat. Sep. 07, 2013 1:24 pm

Ok so 54 feet is the closes you can get to basement window? Or can you get atlease to deck with truck

Richard S.
Mayor

Post by Richard S. » Sat. Sep. 07, 2013 1:31 pm

Wiz wrote:Ok so 54 feet is the closes you can get to basement window? Or can you get atlease to deck with truck
You can go under the deck too but all this really depends. For example you can run coal across a chute even going slightly uphill, yes it defies gravity. :lol: You can only do that if you have the truck far up in the air and the larger the coal the farther it will go, the chute coming off the truck is going to have a very steep angle. You lay the other chute flat going under the deck/porch. We had a lot of places like that.

Den034071
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer, 3095

Post by Den034071 » Sat. Sep. 07, 2013 2:21 pm

Sir did pm you call Roy Manbeck St. Clair Pa. he has e conveyor an I know he handles Blaschak.Hope it helps jack

themcd1998

Post by themcd1998 » Sat. Sep. 07, 2013 5:32 pm

Wiz wrote:Ok so 54 feet is the closes you can get to basement window? Or can you get at least to deck with truck
There's a large tree to the right of the deck with low branches. And it's a pretty steep hill, not high (about 6'?) but steep up from the driveway then levels off. The last guy I had here delivering coal said he couldn't get the truck up there. I'm going to see if I can post some photos below.

If there's any coal delivery people going to be in the area of Sierra View in Blakeslee this week and you want to stop by to see if you think you can make it work, please pm me for directions/address.

View from the driveway:

View from the road:

Window above coal bin, just to the right of deck:

Wiz
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker Ka 6
Coal Size/Type: Casey Junk Coal :(

Post by Wiz » Sat. Sep. 07, 2013 6:37 pm

I'll pm a guy that will do it....if its possible for him to drive in yard.he'll most like enter yard at beginning of driveway.

amcarterlawncare

Post by amcarterlawncare » Sat. Sep. 07, 2013 7:18 pm

Wouldn't be an issue for me... I would either come from the road or back up on an angle and use the auger. As long as the yard isn't soft, wouldn't want to do it after a good rain.

Austin

themcd1998

Post by themcd1998 » Sat. Sep. 07, 2013 11:29 pm

Wiz wrote:I'll pm a guy that will do it....if its possible for him to drive in yard.he'll most like enter yard at beginning of driveway.
My husband's not thrilled with anyone driving a heavy truck up the lawn. So unless there's someone out there who has a system that can get it in there from the driveway, looks like we're back to shoveling it from the garage ourselves or going with bagged.

Richard S.
Mayor

Post by Richard S. » Sun. Sep. 08, 2013 1:56 am

themcd1998 wrote: There's a large tree to the right of the deck with low branches. And it's a pretty steep hill, not high (about 6'?) but steep up from the driveway then levels off. The last guy I had here delivering coal said he couldn't get the truck up there. I'm going to see if I can post some photos below.
That doesn't look that hard at all, I've had much worse. Looking at it from the pictures I'd just back up from the front part of the yard and go around the tree but that assumes there is no septic over there etc.

If you had to back up parallel to the deck there is two potential problems I see. It's not clear from the photos but does the slope have an easy transition from the driveway? You're going to want a little bit of momentum when you start up the slope and you can't do that if there is bump. The other issue is that one limb large limb from the base looks like it will be in the way. That shouldn't be a problem cutting it out of there? If that was my tree I'd be cutting it out there coal or no coal... :P

Just make sure you tell them it's lawn and it has to be dry. No wet spots in the yard?

Richard S.
Mayor

Post by Richard S. » Sun. Sep. 08, 2013 2:00 am

themcd1998 wrote: My husband's not thrilled with anyone driving a heavy truck up the lawn.
Like I said just make sure you tell them it's a lawn and it has to be dry, there was deliveries I knew I had to take I'd wait until it didn't rain for week. Even if you mash it down a little the frost will pop it back up but generally speaking it's not that bad unless there is any soft spots.

dcrane
Verified Business Rep.
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Crane 404

Post by dcrane » Sun. Sep. 08, 2013 5:48 am

seriously... Rich is right, that's not that bad and I'd take out that off shoot branch either way (it does not belong their and should be cut out sooner than later). Even if the leach field was their it would be cheaper and easier to have the truck back up on some planks at a time when the yard is nice and dry. Back up right from the street so the driver wont even have to turn his wheel at all (strait shot back just far enough to allow the shoot to reach that window)....easy peazy! If hubby would rather do it all by hand then you make plans to go shopping that day and tell him you don't want to hear any whining about his back when you get home toothy

titleist1

Post by titleist1 » Sun. Sep. 08, 2013 7:10 am

is the coal bin right under that basement window you hope to run the coal into?

Return to “Coal Prices & Quality, Coal Dealer Inquiries & Reviews”