Blakeslee: Need 3 Tons Rice Anthracite Delivered W/Conveyor

Richard S.
Mayor
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert VA1200
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/Anthracite

Post by Richard S. » Sun. Sep. 08, 2013 8:04 am

dcrane wrote:Even if the leach field was their it
I wouldn't drive across a septic or leach field even if someone asked me. ;)
Back up right from the street
It appears there is a ditch along the road. You can get across them if they aren't too big and you have enough blocks.

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sun. Sep. 08, 2013 8:08 am

Silly husband--unless there is no way to avoid leach/septic--keep them thar shovels handy :(
themcd1998 wrote:
Wiz wrote:I'll pm a guy that will do it....if its possible for him to drive in yard.he'll most like enter yard at beginning of driveway.
My husband's not thrilled with anyone driving a heavy truck up the lawn. So unless there's someone out there who has a system that can get it in there from the driveway, looks like we're back to shoveling it from the garage ourselves or going with bagged.

Richard S.
Mayor

Post by Richard S. » Sun. Sep. 08, 2013 8:09 am

Richard S. wrote: If you had to back up parallel to the deck there is two potential problems I see.
Something to note here, you can take the coal off the truck at a right angle so you would only have to back up so the back of the truck was about even with deck.Truck would probably have to be all the way up in the air. Be plenty of pitch with nut or pea, the rice might be close.

Wiz
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker Ka 6
Coal Size/Type: Casey Junk Coal :(

Post by Wiz » Sun. Sep. 08, 2013 10:02 am

themcd1998 wrote:
Wiz wrote:I'll pm a guy that will do it....if its possible for him to drive in yard.he'll most like enter yard at beginning of driveway.
My husband's not thrilled with anyone driving a heavy truck up the lawn. So unless there's someone out there who has a system that can get it in there from the driveway, looks like we're back to shoveling it from the garage ourselves or going with bagged.

In that case ..disregard pm looks like you'll be shoveling or carrying

themcd1998
Coal Size/Type: Rice Anthracite

Post by themcd1998 » Sun. Sep. 08, 2013 10:35 pm

titleist1 wrote:is the coal bin right under that basement window you hope to run the coal into?
Yes

Wiz
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker Ka 6
Coal Size/Type: Casey Junk Coal :(

Post by Wiz » Mon. Sep. 09, 2013 5:04 am

I get 7 ton delivered at a time, truck needs to park on steep bank in yard to unload. I just tell him not to show up after rain for 2 days, no issues.. Note there is no septic/drain off that he drives over, just yard :D

Richard S.
Mayor

Post by Richard S. » Mon. Sep. 09, 2013 5:26 am

Wiz wrote:I get 7 ton delivered at a time, truck needs to park on steep bank in yard to unload.
As long as the nose of the truck is pointed downhill as it would be in this situation that isn't a problem.If it's pointed up the hill you can flip it over backwards. The back axle also has to be level, even if it's little crooked taking it up in the air isn't much of an issue but when you start emptying it out the coal comes off the higher side and you'll have 1/3 of the truck full on the lower side which isn't a good thing becsue it's already leaning that way.

themcd1998
Coal Size/Type: Rice Anthracite

Post by themcd1998 » Wed. Sep. 11, 2013 10:04 am

I've got someone coming Tuesday who thinks they can do this. Wish me luck! Or should I say wish him luck? LOL Looking forward to NOT hand shoveling 3 tons of coal this year. Hope this works out.

LouSee
Stoker Coal Boiler: '57 EFM DF'd 520
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL Independance
Coal Size/Type: Buck & Rice

Post by LouSee » Wed. Jan. 01, 2014 9:42 pm

So.... how did it go?

Return to “Coal Prices & Quality, Coal Dealer Inquiries & Reviews”