Blaschak Coal Prices Trending up or Down in Prices ?

Got Coal? You can make dealer inquiries here for both anthracite and bituminous coal. Co-op information for those looking to purchase in bulk as a group. Reviews on different brands and dealers.
User avatar
kstone
Member
Posts: 91
Joined: Wed. Dec. 21, 2011 10:04 am
Baseburners & Antiques: Andes 14 crown
Coal Size/Type: nut
Location: plymouth mass

Post Tue. Jul. 09, 2013 8:24 pm

What the prices off bagged blaschak in mass. Ri. Conn. is it going up or down seeing. @ 275 a ton for nut ?

Visit Lehigh Anthracite

User avatar
2001Sierra
Member
Posts: 1845
Joined: Wed. May. 20, 2009 8:09 am
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Keystoker 90 Chimney vent
Coal Size/Type: Rice
Other Heating: Buderus Oil Boiler 3115-34
Stove/Furnace Model: Keystoker 90 Chimney Vent
Location: Wynantskill NY, 10 miles from Albany

Post Tue. Jul. 09, 2013 11:12 pm

In Cobleskill NY it is on sale at $275.00 per ton till August I believe. So that price further away from NEPA would be a good buy in my opinion.

plumber
Member
Posts: 375
Joined: Sun. Mar. 27, 2011 10:52 am
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 350
Location: Bridgeton, RI

Post Wed. Jul. 10, 2013 6:06 am

Depends on the dealer. Blashak lowered their wholesale price, some dealers followed suit, most went up. I can't remember his name, but there is a guy out of Hyde Park that is selling for $335 per skid with $40 delivery 6 ton minimum. I got 4 skids from pellets direct in Uxbridge for $280 per ton.
Ernie

Feet and knees together

User avatar
titleist1
Member
Posts: 4404
Joined: Wed. Nov. 14, 2007 4:06 pm
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman Mag Stoker (old style) one in basement, one in workshop
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mark III on standby for long power outages
Coal Size/Type: Rice/Anthracite; Nut/Anthracite
Location: Cecil County, MD

Post Thu. Jul. 11, 2013 8:56 am

I was just quoted a price of $185 / ton for blaschak rice coal picked up in bulk at Reese's in Quarryville, PA. He mentioned to give him about a week to get things in order before stopping by since they were moving some of their piles around. I plan on making a couple trips there with the trailer this summer to get stocked up for the season.
I drive a VW TDI, heat my home & workshop with two coal stokers and have two vintage JD diesel tractors....
The EPA just loves me!!

samhill
Member
Posts: 11333
Joined: Thu. Mar. 13, 2008 10:29 am
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: keystoker 160
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 75 in garage
Stove/Furnace Make: keystoker/hitzer
Stove/Furnace Model: koker 160/ hitzer 75
Location: Linesville, Pa.

Post Thu. Jul. 11, 2013 9:40 am

So far the Amish guy I buy from is still holding at $250/ton bulk if he gets it cheaper he will normally cut his price, I think it's a fair price for being just a mile or two from the Ohio line. I don't see my doctor for another week so don't even know if I'll be able to use the coal furnace this year but sure hope so, I'll try & get a ton or two to have on hand anyway. :oops:
"Any fool can criticize, condemn & complain & most fools do." Benjamin Franklin

pyma
Member
Posts: 35
Joined: Fri. May. 01, 2009 6:42 pm
Location: Pymatuning lake Pa

Post Thu. Jul. 11, 2013 7:54 pm

samhill wrote:So far the Amish guy I buy from is still holding at $250/ton bulk if he gets it cheaper he will normally cut his price, I think it's a fair price for being just a mile or two from the Ohio line. I don't see my doctor for another week so don't even know if I'll be able to use the coal furnace this year but sure hope so, I'll try & get a ton or two to have on hand anyway. :oops:
Jr does have his bagged on sale I think 15%off a full skid. Still I buy bulk from him.

User avatar
Coalfire
Member
Posts: 1029
Joined: Mon. Nov. 23, 2009 8:28 pm
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machine 96K btu Circulator
Coal Size/Type: Nut
Location: Denver, PA

Post Thu. Jul. 11, 2013 8:28 pm

Just ordered my coal $190 a ton delivered :dancing:

Eric

User avatar
63roundbadge
Member
Posts: 187
Joined: Fri. May. 23, 2008 9:43 pm
Stove/Furnace Make: Alaska
Stove/Furnace Model: Kodiak
Location: Lehigh Valley PA

Post Fri. Jul. 12, 2013 10:15 pm

Just got 3 ton Blaschak pea at $225/ton delivered.
"There's a fine line between good conversation and irreparable damage"

Visit Lehigh Anthracite

User avatar
SMITTY
Member
Posts: 11915
Joined: Sun. Dec. 11, 2005 12:43 pm
Stoker Coal Boiler: Patriot Coal - (custom built by Jim Dorsey, Taunton MA - RIP 4/18/13)
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mark III (SOLD!)
Coal Size/Type: Rice / Blaschak anthracite
Other Heating: Oil fired Burnham boiler
Location: West-Central Mass

Post Fri. Jul. 12, 2013 10:42 pm

kstone wrote:What the prices off bagged blaschak in mass. Ri. Conn. is it going up or down seeing. @ 275 a ton for nut ?
That is a genuine BARGAIN for this state. I'd jump on that one ... FAST. Fuel prices are headed skyward yet again. Won't be long before coal follows suit. :mad:

My supplier dropped back down this summer to $279/ton from last years $299 a ton. I didn't wait. Sounds like most didn't either - they won't be delivering it for 8 weeks!! Guess there was a mad rush over there.
The laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are
neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. ...Such laws make things worse
for the assaulted and better for the assailants, they serve rather to
encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with
greater confidence than an armed man."

- Thomas Jefferson, quoting 18th century criminologist Cesare Beccaria in "On
Crimes and Punishment."

User avatar
kstone
Member
Posts: 91
Joined: Wed. Dec. 21, 2011 10:04 am
Baseburners & Antiques: Andes 14 crown
Coal Size/Type: nut
Location: plymouth mass

Post Sun. Jul. 14, 2013 1:10 pm

Purchased 3 pallets or 3.6 ton at 280 a ton with 29 dollar delivery fee , this should be 2 years worth for my house. I need to improve on insulation which might get me into year three. Pellets Direct out off Uxbridge .

Vinmaker
Member
Posts: 243
Joined: Fri. Nov. 25, 2011 9:17 am
Stove/Furnace Make: HARMAN
Stove/Furnace Model: SF-250
Location: Central MA

Post Mon. Aug. 12, 2013 10:53 am

kstone wrote:Purchased 3 pallets or 3.6 ton at 280 a ton with 29 dollar delivery fee , this should be 2 years worth for my house. I need to improve on insulation which might get me into year three. Pellets Direct out off Uxbridge .
I did not know pallets direct sold Blaschak coal. I will have to give them a shot as they are closer to me than Squire Lumber is.

Smitty. Have you tried these guys? I see the trucks around town but always figured they are just a pellet company.

User avatar
KingCoal918
Member
Posts: 79
Joined: Mon. Nov. 25, 2013 12:04 pm
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Crane Coal Cooker Model 88
Coal Size/Type: stove and nut
Location: Jamaica Plain, MA

Post Wed. Dec. 11, 2013 1:50 pm

plumber wrote:I can't remember his name, but there is a guy out of Hyde Park that is selling for $335 per skid with $40 delivery 6 ton minimum. I got 4 skids from pellets direct in Uxbridge for $280 per ton.
Paul Fulmour. Does business as Boston Coal/ Riverside Coal out of Hyde Park. He quoted $310/ ton (did not specify long or short ton) with a $45 delivery fee to JP/ Boston.

I have a call in to Brookline Ice & Coal to get their price. I was told the delivery charge would be far less since they are only a mile away.

I just looked at Pellets Direct in Uxbridge (too far away anyway), and their site says $385/ ton + delivery.

mjb
michael

hand-set letterpress printing | hand-fired stove | hand-shoveled snow

User avatar
Dennis
Member
Posts: 1066
Joined: Sun. Oct. 30, 2011 5:44 pm
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: AHS/WOC55-multi-fuel/wood,oil,coal
Coal Size/Type: Anthracite/stove size
Location: Pottstown,Pa

Post Wed. Dec. 11, 2013 4:20 pm

Coalfire wrote:Just ordered my coal $190 a ton delivered :dancing:

Eric
where did you get your coal from? that's a great price especially being delivered

User avatar
kstone
Member
Posts: 91
Joined: Wed. Dec. 21, 2011 10:04 am
Baseburners & Antiques: Andes 14 crown
Coal Size/Type: nut
Location: plymouth mass

Post Wed. Dec. 11, 2013 4:25 pm

KingCoal918 wrote:
plumber wrote:I can't remember his name, but there is a guy out of Hyde Park that is selling for $335 per skid with $40 delivery 6 ton minimum. I got 4 skids from pellets direct in Uxbridge for $280 per ton.
Paul Fulmour. Does business as Boston Coal/ Riverside Coal out of Hyde Park. He quoted $310/ ton (did not specify long or short ton) with a $45 delivery fee to JP/ Boston.

I have a call in to Brookline Ice & Coal to get their price. I was told the delivery charge would be far less since they are only a mile away.

I just looked at Pellets Direct in Uxbridge (too far away anyway), and their site says $385/ ton + delivery.

mjb
Pellets direct shows $299 a ton for me wondering is it $385 a pallet . I think a pallet is @ 1.2 tons ?

User avatar
KingCoal918
Member
Posts: 79
Joined: Mon. Nov. 25, 2013 12:04 pm
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Crane Coal Cooker Model 88
Coal Size/Type: stove and nut
Location: Jamaica Plain, MA

Post Thu. Dec. 12, 2013 9:27 am

Pellets Direct has a site that's a bit disjointed. They have an ecomm sub-domain at shop.pelletsdirect.com

If you click http://www.pelletsdirect.com/Wood%20Pellets%20Pricing.htm

and scroll aaallllllllllll the way down the page to the final entry which lists the price of a long ton at $299.

But if you click ORDERING MADE EASY 24/7 ONLINE $39^to $99^ DELIVERY

it takes you here:

http://shop.pelletsdirect.com/High-Heat-Anthracit ... qscsfapp02

Maybe they just haven't updated prices?
michael

hand-set letterpress printing | hand-fired stove | hand-shoveled snow

Visit Lehigh Anthracite

Post Reply

Return to “Coal Prices & Quality, Coal Dealer Inquiries & Reviews”