Direnzo Coal

Rob R.
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Jr

Post by Rob R. » Fri. Dec. 27, 2013 8:42 pm

Wiz wrote:Anyone knows someone that delivers Direnzo coal to the tannersville pa area?
I do not, but a quick call to the breaker might get you dealer's number. :)

Scottscoaled
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520, 700, Van Wert 800 GJ 61,53
Baseburners & Antiques: Magic Stewart 16, times 2!
Coal Size/Type: Lots of buck
Other Heating: Slant Fin electric boiler backup

Post by Scottscoaled » Sun. Jan. 12, 2014 12:35 am

Aaahhhhhhhhhh! I'm in heaven :) Just picked up 10 tons of Direnzo's buckwheat. After the great coal from last year, a follow up was in order. My friend Justin drove me and his 10 ton dump trailer down to pick up some of Pa's finest. Nice looking coal. Can't wait to get some in the bin! Tired of taking out ash! Only 4 tons are for me. The other two guys might have to find somewhere else to get their coal :lol:

Scottscoaled

Post by Scottscoaled » Sun. Jan. 12, 2014 12:48 am

The price per ton was $160 for buck

cabinover
Stoker Coal Boiler: Hybrid Axeman Anderson 130
Baseburners & Antiques: Sparkle #12
Coal Size/Type: Pea, Buckwheat, Nut
Other Heating: LP Hot air. WA TX for coal use.

Post by cabinover » Sun. Jan. 12, 2014 7:01 am

Hmmmm...so it's not just me that seems to have a *censored* ton of ash every couple days?

Time to make some plans for next year 8-)

whistlenut
Stoker Coal Boiler: AA130's,260's, AHS130&260's,EFM900,GJ & V-Wert
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Franks,Itasca 415,Jensen, NYer 130,Van Wert
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Alaska, EFM, Keystoker, Yellow Flame
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska, Keystoker-2,Leisure Line
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Alaska, Gibraltar, Keystone,Vc Vigilant 2
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Ford, Jensen, NYer, Van Wert,
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwoods
Coal Size/Type: Barley, Buck, Rice ,Nut, Stove
Other Heating: Oil HWBB

Post by whistlenut » Sun. Jan. 12, 2014 11:23 am

Learn as you burn.....good logic. Thanks for another favorable report. A great deal can be said for quality at whatever level you find it.

Cap
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman SF 250, domestic hot water loop, heat accumulator
Coal Size/Type: Nut and Stove
Other Heating: Heat Pumps

Post by Cap » Mon. Jan. 13, 2014 11:42 pm

I am on my 2nd ton of DiRenzo this season. I burn nut in the Harman hand fired. It burns nice. Compared to Blashak, much bigger size. Doesn't have all the pea mixed in as I have experienced with Blashak. In regards to heat, I'd say as good as any but I typically don't compare year to year outputs. So nothing real precise here. But I'd give it an A rating.

Duengeon master
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harmon Mark III
Coal Size/Type: Anthracite pea and nut mix. Bituminous lump

Post by Duengeon master » Sun. Feb. 23, 2014 9:25 pm

I just got 1440 lbs of nut from DiRenzo. It is a dark red ash coal. My ash pan so far in my Harman mark III is about half as full over using the same amount of Harmony coal. There was a bit of pea mixed in it. Almost like buying range. however toward the end of shoveling the pickup out, the pieces got bigger. It burns well with less air than the Harmony coal. Less ash means more coal for the money!!! So far, I would recommend them!!! Being right outside of Pottsville, they are also about an hour closer (round trip) for me. $175 a ton.

Rich

padon

Post by padon » Mon. Feb. 24, 2014 3:08 pm

I switched to DiRenzo coal this year. I burn on average 16 ton a year. I am very happy with quality of coal. I noticed ash buckets are much lighter.

jschaefer7406

Post by jschaefer7406 » Thu. Mar. 06, 2014 9:38 pm

Hello all,

Need to make a run Saturday, and am thinking of trying DiRenzo. Have been burning Mallard nut so far this year, and only complaint is the fines/dust. DiRenzo is another 17 miles up the road, but have heard it's worth it :).

Thinking of trying pea this time and am curious how consistently DiRenzos pea is sized. Afraid it may slip through my grates, as I've always burned nut. Anyone here burning their pea size?

Thanks all,

Joe

Scottscoaled

Post by Scottscoaled » Thu. Aug. 07, 2014 8:27 pm

Once again I want to post about the best coal in the northeast right now. Last year I was able to try several different coals and it was easily hands down that the best was the Direnzo. It was a great product. It burns long and hot. I could feel the difference thru the glass front on my boiler. It burned quite a bit hotter. I got great mileage out of it. The best part was I didn't have to change the ash pan out every day. I could easily go four or five days without dumping. A big change from another coal I choose, I have a mountain of ash from that one. I know the coal costs a little bit more but the added weight being made up by less ash more than makes it a bargain. Direnzo coal is also the cleanest coal I've ever used. The buck I 've had the last two years was perfectly sized and free of fines. No fines! Once again. How can you go wrong with this coal. Picking it up yourself is a easy thing. They are close to the highway. There is good food right outside the entrance to the breaker. The coal is super clean. they run a very professional operation. I can't say enough good things about this coal. My advice to you guys sitting on the fence, TRY SOME!!!!!!! I was holding back some real good reviews because I thought that this place would go the way of Superior and Harmony. Too many customers and not enough product. Elevated pricing. I was wrong. They have the facilities to increase production and would probably welcome it. Their pricing is cheaper than several other big name breakers that seem to claim great coal but fail to deliver.
Anyone else have a good experience with this coal, post away! The rest of the " Coal Brothers " need to know. That goes for you with the bad experiences too. Let's hear it! :)

grobinson2
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520 Highboy, and EFM 520 round door
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Coalbrookdale Darby, Harman Mark III, Stratford SC100, DutchWest 288 (With Coal Insert), Coalbrookdale Severn, Hitzer 50/93, Hitzer 354 Double Door, FrancoBelge La Normandie, DS Machine Anthramax
Coal Size/Type: Rice, Buck, Pea, Nut, and Stove
Other Heating: Vermont Castings Defiant 1975 FlexBurn, Fisher Grandpa Bear, Vermont Castings DutchWest 224, Vermont Castings Defiant 1945, Ravelli RV-100 Classic, Progress Hybrid, Glenwood Wood Chip Boiler

Post by grobinson2 » Thu. Aug. 07, 2014 8:57 pm

Thank you for the nice review and for taking the time to share your findings. If I were not buying from a super small but good mine I was going to get all of cour coal from DiRenzo. Thanks again,
Glenn

anthony7812
Stoker Coal Boiler: VanWert VA 400
Coal Size/Type: Buck/Anthracite

Post by anthony7812 » Wed. Oct. 22, 2014 6:15 pm

Anyone have any recent results from direnzo's ?? Might be able to procure some here soon.

rwwsr
Stoker Coal Boiler: ahs s260 3
Coal Size/Type: pea

Post by rwwsr » Wed. Oct. 22, 2014 8:44 pm

anthony7812 wrote:Anyone have any recent results from direnzo's ?? Might be able to procure some here soon.
Just got a tt load of pea, burning for about a week with no issues. Coal is nice and clean :) , will be getting more.

teamster776
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: harmon magnum stoker
Coal Size/Type: rice/buckwheat

Post by teamster776 » Thu. Oct. 23, 2014 1:43 am

Best coal I have tried! Seems to burn hotter with less ash. Tried the cheaper stuff at other places, never again. You get what you pay for!
A buddy of mine who lives in the area
Also said Direnzo pretty much sets the prices and everyone follows.
I have been told buckwheat is $190ton and rice $200 ton. Is that about right?

Wanna Bee
Location: You wouldn't believe me if I told ya! Virginville PA

Post by Wanna Bee » Thu. Oct. 23, 2014 5:01 am

teamster776 wrote: I have been told buckwheat is $190ton and rice $200 ton. Is that about right?
I was there about two weeks ago picking up my yearly supply.
Stove and nut- $175
anything else was $160 a ton

Return to “Coal Prices & Quality, Coal Dealer Inquiries & Reviews”