Direnzo Coal

teamster776
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: harmon magnum stoker
Coal Size/Type: rice/buckwheat

Post by teamster776 » Thu. Oct. 23, 2014 5:10 am

Wanna Bee wrote:
teamster776 wrote: I have been told buckwheat is $190ton and rice $200 ton. Is that about right?
I was there about two weeks ago picking up my yearly supply.
Stove and nut- $175
anything else was $160 a ton
Not a bad price. Thank you for the info.

Scottscoaled
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520, 700, Van Wert 800 GJ 61,53
Baseburners & Antiques: Magic Stewart 16, times 2!
Coal Size/Type: Lots of buck
Other Heating: Slant Fin electric boiler backup

Post by Scottscoaled » Sat. Jan. 16, 2016 1:17 pm

Any body burning Direnzo this year? Is it still the same great coal? What's the pricing look like?

Keepaeyeonit
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood #8
Coal Size/Type: Nut & stove
Other Heating: 49 year old oil furnace, and finally a new heat pump

Post by Keepaeyeonit » Sat. Jan. 16, 2016 1:32 pm

Well I don't know how it was before because I never had any but I picked up 5300 LBS in September and added on top of the coal that was in the bin, I did however keep 400 LBS to try and all I will say is It's up there with the best I have ever burned(deep mined Harmony, and Coal Contractors Mammoth) so I will add them to my top picks :up: . I burn nut in a hand fired though and not a stoker. :)

Jschreffler

Post by Jschreffler » Sat. Jan. 16, 2016 10:37 pm

I've been burning direnzo coal either there rice or buck since harmony closed down. There coal is consistently good with regards to sizing heat output and being clean. This years coal is a tan ash like usual. It has a little more ash than the old harmony coal which is no big deal for me but it burns just as hot. The rice was 180 a ton which is a little more than some other places in the area but you get what you pay for. I'm very satisfied.

Jschreffler

Post by Jschreffler » Tue. Feb. 02, 2016 10:33 pm

I'm very pleased with the quality of direnzo coal but has anyone else had issues with the amount of water you get with your coal. I have about 60 buckets I fill with rice coal after I pick it up in my truck when I get home and several times now there is so much water that accumulates in the bottom of the bucket that it has extinguished the fire on my reading stove after I dump it in the hopper. I like the fact the coal is clean but the water is excessive lately in my opinion.

pintoplumber
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Burnham number series 17
Other Heating: Oil, forced hot air. Rheem

Post by pintoplumber » Sat. Aug. 06, 2016 11:38 am

I ran up to Direnzo's today and got 5340 lbs of stove. $160.00 a ton. Nice people to work with. Dennis

Attachments

image.jpeg
.JPEG | 223.7KB | image.jpeg

coalkirk
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1981 EFM DF520 retired
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Jotul 507 on standby
Coal Size/Type: Lehigh anthracite/rice coal

Post by coalkirk » Wed. Aug. 24, 2016 7:23 am

Jschreffler wrote:I'm very pleased with the quality of direnzo coal but has anyone else had issues with the amount of water you get with your coal. I have about 60 buckets I fill with rice coal after I pick it up in my truck when I get home and several times now there is so much water that accumulates in the bottom of the bucket that it has extinguished the fire on my reading stove after I dump it in the hopper. I like the fact the coal is clean but the water is excessive lately in my opinion.
Drill a hole in the bottom of your coal buckets. They make an allowance for water weight when calculating your bill.

Scottscoaled
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520, 700, Van Wert 800 GJ 61,53
Baseburners & Antiques: Magic Stewart 16, times 2!
Coal Size/Type: Lots of buck
Other Heating: Slant Fin electric boiler backup

Post by Scottscoaled » Wed. Dec. 28, 2016 11:12 pm

Any body burning Direnzo's this year? Any thing to report? I haven't been able to get any since my trailer crapped the bed.

Keepaeyeonit
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood #8
Coal Size/Type: Nut & stove
Other Heating: 49 year old oil furnace, and finally a new heat pump

Post by Keepaeyeonit » Thu. Dec. 29, 2016 8:14 pm

No Scott not this year but I wish I would have payed them a visit in September :mad:

Jschreffler

Post by Jschreffler » Sat. Dec. 31, 2016 3:18 pm

I've burned through a ton and a half of rice and my buddy is burning there nut coal. I've been very pleased the past few years with there coal but this year it's not as good in my opinion and my friend says the same thing. It seems to have a lot more slate in it this year. I'm guessing they have a new source for there coal. Does anyone have any recommendations as to where to get good coal. I'm im schuylkill co north of pottsville.

Cap
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman SF 250, domestic hot water loop, heat accumulator
Coal Size/Type: Nut and Stove
Other Heating: Heat Pumps

Post by Cap » Sat. Dec. 31, 2016 9:13 pm

I picked up a load last week. It's a red ash coal at this time. Burns hotter than last year's stock of white ash. But as you know the red ash coal comes with more klinkers and heavier ash pans.

hank2
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machine 1400 WH ciculator; 1880's small cannon in reserve
Coal Size/Type: Nut
Other Heating: small New Yorker oil fired boiler; mostly used for domestic HW

Post by hank2 » Sun. Jan. 01, 2017 12:54 am

I'm using DiRenzo nut this year. I last used their coal two years ago. It is a blend as would be expected. Red ash, on the higher end of the ash scale. Some clinkering. Makes for a heavy ash pan. I am impressed with the heat output at moderate air openings. Pretty easy recovery after shake downs. I'm OK with it in my hand fired. The load I got this year came as range, with a little more pea in it than I would prefer. I have no idea where they source their coals, but it reminds me of coal I have seen and used from some of the seams of the western Southern field.

My delivery guy says they had little coal on site when I got it late Oct. Likely just heavy sales time of the year. It is some of the cleanest coal I have ever used. Even cleaner than the load I got two years ago. I see zero to a tablespoon of fines at the bottom of a 5 gal. pail.

coalusermd
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS1600
Coal Size/Type: Nut Anthracite
Other Heating: Geothermal

Post by coalusermd » Tue. Sep. 12, 2017 1:28 pm

Anyone gotten coal from dire no recently? Opinion? Heading up to PA this weekend and trying to decide where to go.

coalusermd
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS1600
Coal Size/Type: Nut Anthracite
Other Heating: Geothermal

Post by coalusermd » Tue. Sep. 12, 2017 1:30 pm

Re: Direnzo Coal
Post By: coalusermd On: Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:28 pm
Anyone gotten coal from dire no recently? Opinion? Heading up to PA this weekend and trying to decide where to go

Direnzo

tsb
Stoker Coal Boiler: Binford 2000
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL Pioneer top vent
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Saey Hanover II
Baseburners & Antiques: Grander Golden Oak , Glenwood # 6
Coal Size/Type: All of them

Post by tsb » Tue. Sep. 12, 2017 3:33 pm

I burned their coal for a few years with good results. Depending on where you are starting from, you have a lot of options.

Return to “Coal Prices & Quality, Coal Dealer Inquiries & Reviews”