Uae Coal Mine Out of Buisness

grobinson2
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520 Highboy, and EFM 520 round door
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Coalbrookdale Darby, Harman Mark III, Stratford SC100, DutchWest 288 (With Coal Insert), Coalbrookdale Severn, Hitzer 50/93, Hitzer 354 Double Door, FrancoBelge La Normandie, DS Machine Anthramax
Coal Size/Type: Rice, Buck, Pea, Nut, and Stove
Other Heating: Vermont Castings Defiant 1975 FlexBurn, Fisher Grandpa Bear, Vermont Castings DutchWest 224, Vermont Castings Defiant 1945, Ravelli RV-100 Classic, Progress Hybrid, Glenwood Wood Chip Boiler

Post by grobinson2 » Fri. Mar. 22, 2013 1:46 pm

I was there at opening this morning and they said they had about 150 ton of rice left. In the bins they had rice, pea and nut but not very much of nut.

Glenn

boatsnhoes

Post by boatsnhoes » Fri. Mar. 22, 2013 2:15 pm

I called before I went there,only a 15 minute drive for me , the lady on the phone told me they only had about 10 ton left and that was it !!!!!

Keepaeyeonit
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood #8
Coal Size/Type: Nut & stove
Other Heating: 49 year old oil furnace, and finally a new heat pump

Post by Keepaeyeonit » Fri. Mar. 22, 2013 5:15 pm

I know my dealer has one more load of Harmony nut comeing so maybe they have orders to fill with the coal they have left? Could be the reason for the confusion on the tonnage that's left. Keepaeyeonit

Cap
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman SF 250, domestic hot water loop, heat accumulator
Coal Size/Type: Nut and Stove
Other Heating: Heat Pumps

Post by Cap » Wed. Mar. 27, 2013 9:38 am

UAE not going out if business. Will be under new ownership. In transition now. But is closed on Good Fri and the remaining Sat's for this season.

Same coal from same source.

grobinson2
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Coalbrookdale Darby, Harman Mark III, Stratford SC100, DutchWest 288 (With Coal Insert), Coalbrookdale Severn, Hitzer 50/93, Hitzer 354 Double Door, FrancoBelge La Normandie, DS Machine Anthramax
Other Heating: Vermont Castings Defiant 1975 FlexBurn, Fisher Grandpa Bear, Vermont Castings DutchWest 224, Vermont Castings Defiant 1945, Ravelli RV-100 Classic, Progress Hybrid, Glenwood Wood Chip Boiler

Post by grobinson2 » Wed. Mar. 27, 2013 9:41 am

I am sure you will understand if I am scepticle as Wendy and the other guy (I am sorry I forget his name) up there that loads you out both said the same thing which is that they are blowing the mine shut. Mind if I ask where you came accross your information?

Thanks,
Glenn

AA130FIREMAN

Post by AA130FIREMAN » Wed. Mar. 27, 2013 11:28 am

grobinson2 wrote: they are blowing the mine shut.
Let's go with our pick and shovels and PICK OUR OWN COAL, it's done with fruits & veggies, why not coal ? :lol: :lol: :( :( :(

Cap

Post by Cap » Wed. Mar. 27, 2013 4:32 pm

grobinson2 wrote:I am sure you will understand if I am scepticle as Wendy and the other guy (I am sorry I forget his name) up there that loads you out both said the same thing which is that they are blowing the mine shut. Mind if I ask where you came accross your information?

Thanks,
Glenn
I was there today. I stopped in. Spoke to a guy I never saw before. New guy maybe?

AA130FIREMAN

Post by AA130FIREMAN » Wed. Mar. 27, 2013 10:44 pm

Cap wrote: I was there today. I stopped in. Spoke to a guy I never saw before. New guy maybe?
Did he say the coal was coming from the same source ? :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :punk:

StanT

Post by StanT » Mon. Apr. 01, 2013 4:18 pm

called harmony mine today . They sold to someone and it will be same coal same hours.

Good coal, Stan

grobinson2

Post by grobinson2 » Mon. Apr. 01, 2013 5:44 pm

Well I am glad for everyone that we can still get our same UAE coal but a little pissed at the same time. I spent a lot of money I did not really want to spend at the moment stocking up on there coal when I could have spread out my 24 tons over the summer. Oh well, live and learn. Also I wanted to see if any of you UAE burners have noticed anything different in the ash/burn. I am still getting the same low ash and nice heat but there is a lot more fly ash and the ash is not nearly as red as it was before. These last loads of rice I just picked up deffedently seem different from what I have burned from them over the last 5 years. Something else I noticed is that I am not getting near the clinkers which I liked as the ash was not as dusty. I have not changed my air or feed settings on the EFM so all that has stayed the same.

Thanks,
Glenn

Scottscoaled
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520, 700, Van Wert 800 GJ 61,53
Baseburners & Antiques: Magic Stewart 16, times 2!
Coal Size/Type: Lots of buck
Other Heating: Slant Fin electric boiler backup

Post by Scottscoaled » Mon. Apr. 01, 2013 6:47 pm

I noticed that the coal quality over the last 4-5 years has changed. When I first got it, the ash was a lighter red color and not that much ash. The flames would be really blue and would hit the roof of the burn chamber, then curl down and around the baffle. You could watch the flame/heat path. The ash got really red the last couple years and the flames no longer reach the roof. Seems like it doesn't have the heat it used to. More ash also. If you say the ash is a lighter red, then maybe the coal is going back to the way it was. Haven't seen the coal tests from there lately. Someone used to post them quite frequently.

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Mon. Apr. 01, 2013 7:00 pm

Damn Mother Earth & her fkn inconsistencies :mad: :clap: toothy

Cap

Post by Cap » Mon. Apr. 01, 2013 8:27 pm

I picked up a ton of nut today. New company running the yard goes under the name of Mallard Contracting.

He says coal comes from the Glen Burn mine. Who here can tell us bout the GB mine? I think it is in Shamokin which is only few miles west of Mt Carmel. Has Harmony always used this source?

Rob R.
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Jr

Post by Rob R. » Mon. Apr. 01, 2013 9:09 pm

I have some old Glenn Burn scatter tags...I believe they created the record-setting culm bank in Shamokin.

Scottscoaled
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520, 700, Van Wert 800 GJ 61,53
Baseburners & Antiques: Magic Stewart 16, times 2!
Coal Size/Type: Lots of buck
Other Heating: Slant Fin electric boiler backup

Post by Scottscoaled » Mon. Apr. 01, 2013 9:40 pm

I wonder if they are going to "rob the pillars" of the harmony mine. Still a bunch of premium coal there ;)

Return to “Coal Prices & Quality, Coal Dealer Inquiries & Reviews”