Anthracite Coal for $100 per Ton

Richard S.
Mayor
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert VA1200
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/Anthracite

Post by Richard S. » Tue. Nov. 27, 2012 8:00 pm

This is from a post that was removed.
Carterresources wrote:Everybody is paying crazy prices. I live in West Virginia and am a world Wide coal supplier I will sell by 50lb bag or by the tons fill free to contact me anytime and I will help out with any and all coal.

For instance I sell top quality House Coal for $100.00 a ton very hot with low emissions and no rock.
I also have stoker,anthracite,Bitumious, met, Black Smith, 2x0 coals.
It should be noted there is people here paying less than $100 per ton for soft coal, you're not going to get anthracite for $100 ton even if you ordered a train car full of it.

Soft coal from your area and anthracite from Northeastern Pennsylvania are two completely different animals.

Joeski

Post by Joeski » Tue. Nov. 27, 2012 11:03 pm

Can Black Smithing Coal $1.00lb really be that much? That would be $2000.00 a ton. :shock: :?:

Berlin

Post by Berlin » Tue. Nov. 27, 2012 11:28 pm

In my experience blacksmiths are a pain in the ass to deal with and I don't blame him for charging $1.00/lb :|

(blacksmith) "That coal you gave me, I don't like it. It stinks up my shop, I like propane, but I want to get better with coal." (me) What do you mean it stinks up your shop? bituminous coal does have an odor and will make some smoke when burned in a heap like blacksmiths do, are you saying that it smokes more than other coal you've used, why isn't it going out your draft hood etc.? "No, it's not any worse than other coal, I just don't have much ventilation. Can I return this coal, drop this coal off in your driveway or something and play with one of the other varieties you have, mabey you could come pick it up?" No, I don't want a pile of coal in my driveway, keep what you have, no coal is going to fix a lack of ventilation, sorry.... :roll:

most of these guys are a pain in the ass, with few exceptions.

steamup
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman-Anderson AA-130, Keystoker K-6
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: HS Tarm 502 Wood/Coal/Oil
Coal Size/Type: pea, buck, rice

Post by steamup » Wed. Nov. 28, 2012 8:00 am

Joeski wrote:Can Black Smithing Coal $1.00lb really be that much? That would be $2000.00 a ton. :shock: :?:
The industy for the most part has termed " blacksmith coal" and Live steam coal" as coal from the Pocohantas Vein #3. This is high quality Bit coal. It has mostly been mined out but there is still some limited activity going on.

However, always check with the supplier as to what they term blacksmith coal.

If it is a $1 per lb including shipping that is about right. Without shipping I see it go for $15 to $20 per 50 lb bag. Always sold in small quantites so it is a PITA to deal with.

Here is a supplier near Berlin that sells it by the box full:

http://www.reboysupply.com/coal.htm

Joeski

Post by Joeski » Wed. Nov. 28, 2012 8:02 pm

steamup wrote:
Joeski wrote:Can Black Smithing Coal $1.00lb really be that much? That would be $2000.00 a ton. :shock: :?:
The industy for the most part has termed " blacksmith coal" and Live steam coal" as coal from the Pocohantas Vein #3. This is high quality Bit coal. It has mostly been mined out but there is still some limited activity going on.

However, always check with the supplier as to what they term blacksmith coal.

If it is a $1 per lb including shipping that is about right. Without shipping I see it go for $15 to $20 per 50 lb bag. Always sold in small quantites so it is a PITA to deal with.

Here is a supplier near Berlin that sells it by the box full:

http://www.reboysupply.com/coal.htm
I like the stuff I always learn about on here. Thanks Berlin & steamup. I never would have known this otherwise.

Berlin

Post by Berlin » Wed. Nov. 28, 2012 11:42 pm

The best blacksmith coals are those with a high coke button and less than 30% vols. under 20 is ideal. Steamup is right, Blacksmiths do tend to have an idea of poco #3 for blacksmith coal, but most wouldn't know what it was if they tried it. Sewell and other high quality coals are also highly prized such as "KY forge" - a high quality high BTU (yet high vol) low coke button coal. Many would, and many also prefer other high btu, low/mid vol bituminous coals with a high FSI. A few even like high vol and are good enough to like whatever is cheapest.

Berlin

Post by Berlin » Thu. Nov. 29, 2012 7:48 pm

Carterresources wrote:That is why I priced the BlackSmithing Coal @ $1.00 a lb that includes bagging and free shipping it can be a pain too deal in but I will at the price. Also I supply and can supply any quality of coal anybody needs I have mines,Loadout terminals, And a full and functional coal lab where I do analytical work for customers and myself if anybody needs anything coal related fill free to give me a call.
good to know! We're happy to have you on the site.

AFG
Stoker Coal Boiler: Anthony Gilberti
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Hardy Boiler
Coal Size/Type: home heating coal

Post by AFG » Thu. Oct. 20, 2016 2:56 pm

I live in Lost Creek, WV and am looking for 5 tons of heating coal. Anyone know of a person that has any and can deliver? I can get it by the pickup truck load if necessary.

Thanks,
Tony

SWPaDon
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Clayton 1600M
Coal Size/Type: Bituminous
Other Heating: Oil furnace

Post by SWPaDon » Thu. Oct. 20, 2016 3:59 pm

AFG wrote:I live in Lost Creek, WV and am looking for 5 tons of heating coal. Anyone know of a person that has any and can deliver? I can get it by the pickup truck load if necessary.

Thanks,
Tony
Welcome to the forum AFG. Are you looking for Bituminous or Anthracite coal? If you are needing Bituminous, maybe one of these can offer information as to coal haulers in your area.

http://www.yellowpages.com/wv/coal-trucking

david78
Baseburners & Antiques: Fuller & Warren Splendid Oak 27
Coal Size/Type: Nut

Post by david78 » Fri. Oct. 21, 2016 9:42 am

Give Joe Sheets a call at 3J Enterprises: 304-864-3638. He's in Newburg, about 40 miles from Lost Creek. Has lots of bagged anthracite and usually has some bit coal as well.

AFG
Stoker Coal Boiler: Anthony Gilberti
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Hardy Boiler
Coal Size/Type: home heating coal

Post by AFG » Fri. Oct. 21, 2016 11:26 am

Thank you Sir. I will give him a call.

chevyman1980
Coal Size/Type: nut

Post by chevyman1980 » Sun. Oct. 23, 2016 2:20 pm

are u still sellin antracite coal? how much per ton?

Hambden Bob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Blower Model Coal Chubby 1982-Serial#0097
Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni ! / Nut
Other Heating: Pro-Pain Forced Air

Post by Hambden Bob » Sun. Dec. 17, 2017 9:41 am

I Dunno,but as I've been Lucky enough to learn,where there's a Will,We will find a way !

Coal Supply problems have always had a Silver Lining : It doesn't rot or decay in storage. Each one of Us has been able to put Our own distinct Thumbprint on how to aquire and hold Our Heating Budget Secured Black Rock Storage ! I do believe the Mission on this resurrected old thread was to be on the lookout for Baloney and Mularkey on where We get Our Black Rocks from. Some Folks had to learn the difference between Anthracite and Bituminous. To most of Us,that'd be a No Brainer. That's Fortunate. But to the unknowing,the raw green Newb,Ya' gotta invest in 'Da Knowledge to get it right ! The other large smash on this is buying exclusively on price alone..... You can get a dump truck full of turds for a quarter,but in the end,You just bought a truck full of bad. This Board has saved alot of Folks alot of Grief ! But really,think about it..... The fact those Folks invested the time to learn here simply proves that they saved themselves ! It's an Investment. One that earns as long as You burn !! That one may have come from Sting,or one of the many long term stalwarts that have taken up Residence,here,in "The Coal Zone" !

steveinva
Stoker Coal Boiler: Crown Royal 7300MP
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Crown Royal 7300MP
Other Heating: seasoned wood

Post by steveinva » Sun. Nov. 04, 2018 4:10 am

Is there anyone in South Western Virginia that sells coal that I can burn in a Crown Royal 7300MP? What is the cost? I live in New Castle,Va.

Thank you,
Steve
email: [email protected]

txplanebuilder

Post by txplanebuilder » Tue. Nov. 27, 2018 8:27 pm

I'm i the exact center of Texas. Used to burn in NH. Looking to start again here, but haven't been able to find a supplier. Any leads? if not, I'm perfectly willing to drive to KY for 4000 to 8000 lbs...

Return to “Coal Prices & Quality, Coal Dealer Inquiries & Reviews”