Coal Dealers in Vermont

oskarhop
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker KA-6 Steam
Coal Size/Type: rice

Post by oskarhop » Sat. Mar. 14, 2015 11:52 pm

We get our coal from Lake Champlain Coal Co in Whitehall NY. Brandon, where we live (midway between Middlebury and Rutland on US 7) is pretty near the end of their 40 mile delivery zone. I enjoy going over to their coal office by the railroad track in Whitehall and have found them very nice and easy to deal with.

This is our first winter using coal. The price per ton was $305 delivered (lift truck with chute through the cellar window), which means the very pleasant driver gets out and spreads it around your coal room with a shovel to fit it all in. They deduct $15 per ton for payment by check to the driver, so $290 a ton.

If you are on the west side of VT and within 40 miles of Whitehall, they may be a good option. We burn rice, and I think they don't carry buckwheat, but I believe they have the bigger sizes (pea, nut, stove). Very happy with them.

zappa66
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Quaker 14

Post by zappa66 » Thu. Oct. 06, 2016 4:34 pm

Just a heads up to anyone who bought Kimmel's last year at the Lebanon Tractor Supply. Looks like they have Kimmel's Rice and the TSC branded bags of nut. There is a thread in the general forum with some information on this TSC branded coal. I was disappointed as the Kimmel's last year was a definite improvement on the Reading I was getting at long acres previously. The price was 285 a ton, same as last year I believe. I did not speak to anyone at the store, just what I observed on the display floor.

Frenchef
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Surdiac 715

Post by Frenchef » Wed. Sep. 26, 2018 12:32 pm

Folks,
I am the newest Lehigh Anthracite Dealer located in central Vermont. Currently I have 6 tons of bagged pea coal left for sale at $285 per ton from our first delivery. Unfortunately I do not deliver. However, I can load you out.
If there is interest in ordering coal before the snow flies please let me know and I'll put together another tractor trailer load of bagged nut and pea for end of October. 603-277-0422
Best
Frenchef.
Last edited by Frenchef on Wed. Sep. 26, 2018 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zappa66
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Quaker 14

Post by zappa66 » Tue. Nov. 20, 2018 2:20 pm

near the upper valley nov. 20, 2018:

lebanon tractor supply $350 2000lbs not sure thats right the lady I talked to seemed unsure, seems quite high

lebanon feed and supply 2000lbs lehigh $326.50 if they are out call it in monday and they can have it by next tues.

Hooksett agway $299 2000lbs lehigh

woodsville agway $474.50 2500lbs kimmels

edit- this is for nut

Return to “Coal Prices & Quality, Coal Dealer Inquiries & Reviews”