2012-2013 Anthracite Coal Prices

Locked

Added the poll and links

$130-$139 or less Delivered
0
No votes
$140-$149 Delivered
0
No votes
$150-$159 Delivered
0
No votes
$160-$169 Delivered
0
No votes
$170-$184 Delivered
1
1%
$185-$199 Delivered
6
4%
$200-$214 Delivered
14
8%
$215-$229 Delivered
10
6%
$230-$249 Delivered
14
8%
$250-$269 Delivered
5
3%
$270-$299 Delivered
8
5%
$300-$329 Delivered
6
4%
$330 or more Delivered
3
2%
$120-$129 or less Picked Up
2
1%
$130-$139 Picked Up
0
No votes
$140-$149 Picked Up
0
No votes
$150-$159 Picked Up
1
1%
$160-$169 Picked Up
7
4%
$170-$184 Picked Up
16
10%
$185-$199 Picked Up
9
5%
$200-$214 Picked Up
2
1%
$215-$229 Picked Up
11
7%
$230-$249 Picked Up
12
7%
$250-$269 Picked Up
3
2%
$270-$299 Picked Up
5
3%
$300-$329 Picked Up
7
4%
$330 or more Picked Up
1
1%
$250-$264 or less Bagged
1
1%
$265-$279 Bagged
5
3%
$280-$394 Bagged
7
4%
$295-$309 Bagged
5
3%
$310-$329 Bagged
0
No votes
$330 or more Bagged
5
3%
 
Total votes: 166

User avatar
RAYJAY
Member
Posts: 433
Joined: Sun. Nov. 09, 2008 7:06 am
Stoker Coal Boiler: VAN WERT - 600 VA HOT WATER
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: HARMAN- MAGUM STOKER
Coal Size/Type: BUCKWHEAT ON BOTH
Other Heating: NG BOILER
Location: UNION DALE PA

Post Wed. Nov. 14, 2012 5:25 pm

Vangellis wrote:Just throwing this out there. From an ad in todays Scranton Times.

Hudson Anthracite in Pittston, Pa. - 570-655-4151
Coal Sale - Now thru Nov. 24th
Wholesale pricing $159 a ton - All types
That is the picked up bulk price of course.

Kevin
At 11 bucks a ton less than I'm getting it at Casey Kassa its not a deal, burned there coal for over 10 years and it was crap, for the 10 years I was getting it.
Thats why I started hauling my own coal, and its not only me that has a problem with there coal, 2 guys I work with were having the same problem, now all 3 of us get it form Casey

Visit Lehigh Anthracite

User avatar
Vangellis
Member
Posts: 198
Joined: Mon. Jan. 17, 2011 5:03 pm
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Olix Air Flo
Coal Size/Type: Nut
Stove/Furnace Model: Hudson Wood/Coal Burning
Location: Factoryville, Pa.

Post Wed. Nov. 14, 2012 7:43 pm

RAYJAY wrote:
Vangellis wrote:Just throwing this out there. From an ad in todays Scranton Times.

Hudson Anthracite in Pittston, Pa. - 570-655-4151
Coal Sale - Now thru Nov. 24th
Wholesale pricing $159 a ton - All types
That is the picked up bulk price of course.

Kevin
At 11 bucks a ton less than I'm getting it at Casey Kassa its not a deal, burned there coal for over 10 years and it was crap, for the 10 years I was getting it.
Thats why I started hauling my own coal, and its not only me that has a problem with there coal, 2 guys I work with were having the same problem, now all 3 of us get it form Casey
Hey RayJay.

I'll continue getting mine at Casey Kassa also. I'm happy with their quality.
Like I said...Just throwing it out there for anyone who may be interested.

Kevin

User avatar
Dr Cherry
Member
Posts: 52
Joined: Sat. Oct. 25, 2008 11:22 pm
Stove/Furnace Make: Monogram
Stove/Furnace Model: unknown
Location: Hamtramck, MI

Post Tue. Nov. 27, 2012 2:20 pm

$336/tn in Detroit. 1.75 ton delivered for $704.

User avatar
Ed.A
Member
Posts: 1638
Joined: Thu. Aug. 30, 2007 7:27 pm
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska Channing III/ '94 Stoker II
Coal Size/Type: Rice
Location: Canterbury Ct.

Post Tue. Nov. 27, 2012 2:50 pm

Just ordered 6 ton @ $328 per delivered. http://btpellet.com/

Interestingly..Bagged and shipped from Bristol Ct. 53.3 Miles

I called Cranston RI ( I go up that way often and know how close it is) 32 miles $343 / $297 if picked up... ummm, I don't think so.

plumber
Member
Posts: 375
Joined: Sun. Mar. 27, 2011 10:52 am
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 350
Location: Bridgeton, RI

Post Thu. Dec. 06, 2012 2:29 pm

Ed.A wrote:Just ordered 6 ton @ $328 per delivered. http://btpellet.com/

Interestingly..Bagged and shipped from Bristol Ct. 53.3 Miles

I called Cranston RI ( I go up that way often and know how close it is) 32 miles $343 / $297 if picked up... ummm, I don't think so.
As well, Cranston Coal is no longer dealing with Blashak. They are bagging their own bulk, from Centralia. I grabbed a few bags in a pinch a couple months ago. The stuff burns horrible with a ton of ash.

tinmanKC10
Member
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri. Dec. 07, 2012 8:45 am
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker KC10
Coal Size/Type: Rice
Stove/Furnace Make: Keystoker
Stove/Furnace Model: KC-10 Keystoker
Location: Falls Creek Pa
Contact:

Post Fri. Dec. 07, 2012 9:02 am

Any prices for western Pa, Dubois area? I HAve a dump trailer so I need to buy 5 ton at a time. I called around 2 places were $275 and other was $240.

User avatar
steamup
Member
Posts: 1209
Joined: Fri. Oct. 03, 2008 12:13 pm
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman-Anderson AA-130, Keystoker K-6
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: HS Tarm 502 Wood/Coal/Oil
Coal Size/Type: pea, buck, rice
Location: Napoli, NY

Post Fri. Dec. 07, 2012 10:27 am

tinmanKC10 wrote:Any prices for western Pa, Dubois area? I HAve a dump trailer so I need to buy 5 ton at a time. I called around 2 places were $275 and other was $240.
$240 is not unreasonable this far West when you figure shipping and markup.

I don;t know anything about this guy .

Give him a call and see.

http://www.jmdstones.com/products/bulk/bulk_products.html

If you can haul 5 ton and still be legal, think about a trip to a breaker or UAE Harmony. It might be worth your time.

User avatar
McGiever
Member
Posts: 6068
Joined: Sun. May. 02, 2010 11:26 pm
Stoker Coal Boiler: AXEMAN-ANDERSON 130 "1959"
Coal Size/Type: PEA / ANTHRACITE
Other Heating: Ground Source Heat Pump
Stove/Furnace Make: Hydro Heat /Mega Tek
Location: Junction of PA-OH-WV

Post Fri. Dec. 07, 2012 4:25 pm

steamup wrote:
tinmanKC10 wrote:Any prices for western Pa, Dubois area? I HAve a dump trailer so I need to buy 5 ton at a time. I called around 2 places were $275 and other was $240.
$240 is not unreasonable this far West when you figure shipping and markup.

I don;t know anything about this guy .

Give him a call and see.

http://www.jmdstones.com/products/bulk/bulk_products.html

If you can haul 5 ton and still be legal, think about a trip to a breaker or UAE Harmony. It might be worth your time.
I heard coal picked up at this location was $200.00 /ton earlier this season.

Visit Lehigh Anthracite

User avatar
Joeski
Member
Posts: 233
Joined: Sun. Nov. 14, 2010 12:01 am
Stove/Furnace Make: Reading
Stove/Furnace Model: Susquehanna
Location: Collegeville & Stroudsburg, Pa

Post Fri. Dec. 14, 2012 6:16 pm

Wiz of Tannersville hooked me up with an excellent coal man :!: Fred Siliva (Casey Kasa) $205 a ton delivered. I got 4 ton and say up yours oil. It wasn't nice needing you. :mad:

User avatar
Lightning
Member
Posts: 8427
Joined: Wed. Nov. 16, 2011 9:51 am
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Overmodified/Bored out Clayton 1537
Coal Size/Type: Anthracite/Awesome Size
Location: Olean, NY

Post Fri. Dec. 14, 2012 8:50 pm

McGiever wrote:I heard coal picked up at this location was $200.00 /ton earlier this season.
Yes sir, I bought 7200 pounds from there. I got 2400 pounds at a time of nut size. My first two trips I got red ash, the third trip I got white ash. So apparently he gets it from different suppliers? I don't know.. My first two loads (red ash) have excessive fines in it and the sizing wasn't very good, but with the thermostatically controlled draft inducer I hooked up I can burn thru them. The third load (white ash) seems sized much better with less fines.

http://www.jmdstones.com/products/bulk/bulk_products.html

User avatar
tikigeorge
Member
Posts: 210
Joined: Wed. Jun. 11, 2008 12:07 am
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker KA-6
Stove/Furnace Make: Keystoker
Stove/Furnace Model: KA-6
Location: Phillipsburg NJ

Post Wed. Dec. 19, 2012 7:12 pm

I just had 4 tons of Blaschak delivered for $266.00 a ton. I have my coal sprayed with oil for $25.50 this increases the price but worth the money in less dust.
I'm in Phillipsburg NJ

cteufert
New Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon. Dec. 17, 2007 10:45 am
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman
Stove/Furnace Model: VF3000 / Mark III

Post Sun. Dec. 30, 2012 1:03 pm

Just had 4.1 tons of bulk rice coal delivered by Butch Bankes, 1-570-668-1957 to Montague, NJ for $230 / ton.

Charlie.

User avatar
Highlander
Member
Posts: 217
Joined: Tue. Dec. 05, 2006 9:48 pm
Stoker Coal Boiler: Harman VF3000 Sold
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Vermont Castings Resolute
Coal Size/Type: Nut
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman
Stove/Furnace Model: VF3000 Stoker Boiler
Location: Highland Lakes NJ
Contact:

Post Tue. Jan. 01, 2013 9:07 am

Ditto on Butch Bankes. He delivered 5 ton of rice to me for $235/ton, Sussex Co. NJ. I saved $60 a ton over my previous supplier in Sparta. I will do business with him again, real nice guy, very informative.

My last two deliveries had quite a high percentage of fines. He told me that his coal is all washed. So far, it seems to burn well, white ash, very few fines.

szembek
Member
Posts: 105
Joined: Tue. May. 08, 2007 2:32 pm
Stove/Furnace Make: Keystoker
Stove/Furnace Model: A120
Location: Upstate, NY

Post Fri. Jan. 04, 2013 2:27 pm

$240/ton plus 4% tax for 40lb bagged coal in Dryden, NY. I'm happy with it, plus it's on my commute so very convenient.

User avatar
lloyd430
New Member
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat. Jan. 12, 2013 7:05 pm
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska /Channing
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Hopefully converting to
Coal Size/Type: Rice
Stove/Furnace Make: Alaska
Stove/Furnace Model: Channing
Location: Cato, NY

Post Sat. Jan. 19, 2013 9:01 am

Rice is $240 ton picked up loose in Cato, NY at Kranzes

Visit Lehigh Anthracite

Locked

Return to “Coal Prices & Quality, Coal Dealer Inquiries & Reviews”