2012-2013 Anthracite Coal Prices

Locked

Added the poll and links

$130-$139 or less Delivered
0
No votes
$140-$149 Delivered
0
No votes
$150-$159 Delivered
0
No votes
$160-$169 Delivered
0
No votes
$170-$184 Delivered
1
1%
$185-$199 Delivered
6
4%
$200-$214 Delivered
14
8%
$215-$229 Delivered
10
6%
$230-$249 Delivered
14
8%
$250-$269 Delivered
5
3%
$270-$299 Delivered
8
5%
$300-$329 Delivered
6
4%
$330 or more Delivered
3
2%
$120-$129 or less Picked Up
2
1%
$130-$139 Picked Up
0
No votes
$140-$149 Picked Up
0
No votes
$150-$159 Picked Up
1
1%
$160-$169 Picked Up
7
4%
$170-$184 Picked Up
16
10%
$185-$199 Picked Up
9
5%
$200-$214 Picked Up
2
1%
$215-$229 Picked Up
11
7%
$230-$249 Picked Up
12
7%
$250-$269 Picked Up
3
2%
$270-$299 Picked Up
5
3%
$300-$329 Picked Up
7
4%
$330 or more Picked Up
1
1%
$250-$264 or less Bagged
1
1%
$265-$279 Bagged
5
3%
$280-$394 Bagged
7
4%
$295-$309 Bagged
5
3%
$310-$329 Bagged
0
No votes
$330 or more Bagged
5
3%
 
Total votes: 166

User avatar
DennisH
Member
Posts: 334
Joined: Mon. Feb. 21, 2011 8:35 am
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Yukon-Eagle Klondike IV
Other Heating: Propane
Location: Escanaba, MI

Post Tue. Apr. 03, 2012 11:17 am

I just got off the phone with my friendly coal supplier (KW Feeds & Coal in Farwell, MI) and he's taking orders now for the 2012-2013 heating season. For mid-Michigan his price for pre-orders during the month of April is $6.00 per bag, which includes tax. So, $300 per 2000lb "ton" (50 bags) or $360 for a standard 60-bag skid @ 2400lbs. Around these parts, being somewhat far from NEPA and with the cost of diesel increasing, that's a DARN good price! :D Far better than propane!! I plan to get 4-5 skids to add to my stockpile! With the unusually warm winter we had this year my family used only 2 skids of coal and 2 cords of hardwood to heat in the U.P. of Michigan. I'd planned on 3 each of coal & hardwood.

Every year around the Dec - January time frame I read posts from coal burners on this forum who say they can't get any product from suppliers. As the long-time members of this forum know, now is the time to either place your order for the coming season, or make purchases so that you're ready for the coming winter, thereby preventing any "shortages!" :cry:

--------------Edit By Richard------------

Guess this is new topic for this year. Older ones can be found here. I added a poll.

The poll for the 2011-2012 season can be found here: What's the price for 1 ton of coal in your area? 2011-12
The poll for the 2010-2011 season can be found here: What's the price for 1 ton of coal in your area? 2010-11
The poll for the 2009-2010 season can be found here: What's the price for 1 ton of coal in your area? 2009-10
The poll for the 2008-2009 season can be found here: What's the price for 1 ton of coal in your area? 2008-09
The poll for the 2007-2008 season can be found here: What's the price for 1 ton of coal in your area? 2007-08

Visit Lehigh Anthracite

stovehospital
Member
Posts: 222
Joined: Sat. Jun. 25, 2011 7:00 pm
Stove/Furnace Make: 250 stoves in barns
Stove/Furnace Model: #6 Herald baseheater

Post Tue. Apr. 03, 2012 6:40 pm

I found a company selling stoves and closing up. I bought all their Blaschak nut coal at wholesale. I'm set for at least two years and I'm still looking. I don't see prices falling anytime in the future.

User avatar
StanT
Member
Posts: 162
Joined: Fri. Aug. 29, 2008 5:10 am
Stove/Furnace Make: Leisureline
Stove/Furnace Model: econo1
Location: Ne Pa

Post Fri. Apr. 06, 2012 6:50 pm

Just got coal from Mt Carmel, Pa. $165 a ton, Nice coal. Got to try out my 4 inch auger to unload the trailer into the bin. It worked Great, 140 lbs a minute with a 350 rpm screw. Around a 45 degree angle. :shock: All I can say is WOW .

Good till next year,
Keep warm, Stan
Attachments
coal.jpg

User avatar
lsayre
Member
Posts: 12567
Joined: Wed. Nov. 23, 2005 9:17 pm
Stoker Coal Boiler: AHS S130 Coal Gun
Coal Size/Type: Blaschak Anthracite Pea
Other Heating: Resistance Boiler (13.5 KW), ComfortMax 75
Location: N/E Ohio, between Medina and Wadsworth

Post Fri. Apr. 06, 2012 7:49 pm

I'm impressed! I'd sure like to see more (and learn more) of your auger system.

User avatar
Dennis
Member
Posts: 1066
Joined: Sun. Oct. 30, 2011 5:44 pm
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: AHS/WOC55-multi-fuel/wood,oil,coal
Coal Size/Type: Anthracite/stove size
Location: Pottstown,Pa

Post Fri. Apr. 06, 2012 8:01 pm

Stan,
what size coal will the auger handle

User avatar
StanT
Member
Posts: 162
Joined: Fri. Aug. 29, 2008 5:10 am
Stove/Furnace Make: Leisureline
Stove/Furnace Model: econo1
Location: Ne Pa

Post Sat. Apr. 07, 2012 6:57 am

I think it will do pea. anything bigger will be close to worm size. This thing was amazing.

Stan

WNYRob
Member
Posts: 264
Joined: Thu. Apr. 14, 2011 12:13 pm
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Keystoker Koker controlled with CoalTrol
Location: Springville, NY

Post Mon. Apr. 23, 2012 2:32 pm

$283/ton in WNY, bagged blackshak

User avatar
sterling40man
Member
Posts: 1641
Joined: Sat. May. 03, 2008 11:52 am
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker K6
Stove/Furnace Make: Keystoker
Stove/Furnace Model: KA-6
Location: Northern Maine

Post Mon. Apr. 23, 2012 8:39 pm

Went up to $6.00 per bag for Blaschak rice this spring.........$300 per ton. With #2 oil prices at $3.90 per gal, coal would have to be over $500 per ton for me to stop burning. :D

Visit Lehigh Anthracite

User avatar
KLook
Member
Posts: 3650
Joined: Sun. Feb. 17, 2008 1:08 pm
Stoker Coal Boiler: Harman VF 3000
Coal Size/Type: rice, bagged, Blaschak
Other Heating: Gas boiler backup/main
Stove/Furnace Model: VF 3000
Location: Harrison, Tenn

Post Thu. May. 10, 2012 5:55 pm

Went up to $6.00 per bag for Blaschak rice this spring.........$300 per ton. With #2 oil prices at $3.90 per gal, coal would have to be over $500 per ton for me to stop burning. :D
damn it Sterling!!! :x You are way up in the artic and your coal is WAY cheaper then mine. :x How in the hell do they do it? I can't buy bagged coal in PA and truck it here for that kind on money. Hell, I might as well drive up and get it and truck it home!
On a side note, a construction crew from Fort Kent is down here in East Machias doing a renovation on the local grade school. They are doing a bang up job and the young boss seems like a good fellow. Hey maybe they will bring coal down each monday with them! :roll:

kevin

User avatar
sterling40man
Member
Posts: 1641
Joined: Sat. May. 03, 2008 11:52 am
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker K6
Stove/Furnace Make: Keystoker
Stove/Furnace Model: KA-6
Location: Northern Maine

Post Thu. May. 10, 2012 6:10 pm

KLook wrote:
damn it Sterling!!! :x You are way up in the artic and your coal is WAY cheaper then mine. :x How in the hell do they do it? I can't buy bagged coal in PA and truck it here for that kind on money. Hell, I might as well drive up and get it and truck it home!
On a side note, a construction crew from Fort Kent is down here in East Machias doing a renovation on the local grade school. They are doing a bang up job and the young boss seems like a good fellow. Hey maybe they will bring coal down each monday with them! :roll:

kevin
Sorry Kevin. When you cut out the middle men you save alot. My supplier is a potato farmer and also owns a few trucks. He hauls his potatoes not far from the Blaschak plant.......gives him a retrun load all the way here. He said that he's not making much money. He likes helping people out around these parts. A super nice and stand up guy!! He said he also gives them a few 50lbs bags of potatoes every trip......I gues they really like Maine potatoes! :D

Do you know the name of the construction company? Maybe I know them.

User avatar
Body Hammer
Member
Posts: 245
Joined: Fri. Sep. 04, 2009 10:33 am
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman TLC 2000
Location: Knox County Maine

Post Tue. May. 15, 2012 9:55 am

sterling40man wrote:
KLook wrote:
damn it Sterling!!! :x You are way up in the artic and your coal is WAY cheaper then mine. :x How in the hell do they do it? I can't buy bagged coal in PA and truck it here for that kind on money. Hell, I might as well drive up and get it and truck it home!
On a side note, a construction crew from Fort Kent is down here in East Machias doing a renovation on the local grade school. They are doing a bang up job and the young boss seems like a good fellow. Hey maybe they will bring coal down each monday with them! :roll:

kevin
Sorry Kevin. When you cut out the middle men you save alot. My supplier is a potato farmer and also owns a few trucks. He hauls his potatoes not far from the Blaschak plant.......gives him a retrun load all the way here. He said that he's not making much money. He likes helping people out around these parts. A super nice and stand up guy!! He said he also gives them a few 50lbs bags of potatoes every trip......I gues they really like Maine potatoes! :D

Do you know the name of the construction company? Maybe I know them.
That's awesome Bob! I like hearing things like that. Tha's what community is all about. Shake that mans hand for me.

stovehospital
Member
Posts: 222
Joined: Sat. Jun. 25, 2011 7:00 pm
Stove/Furnace Make: 250 stoves in barns
Stove/Furnace Model: #6 Herald baseheater

Post Tue. May. 15, 2012 10:04 am

I just bought Blasckak for $100 a ton and bought all they had. They went out of business and had to move it that day and I was the only one around with cash in hand. Best to buy now as prices are not going down anytime soon, and are more likely to head very high by Fall.

User avatar
sterling40man
Member
Posts: 1641
Joined: Sat. May. 03, 2008 11:52 am
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker K6
Stove/Furnace Make: Keystoker
Stove/Furnace Model: KA-6
Location: Northern Maine

Post Tue. May. 15, 2012 2:52 pm

Body Hammer wrote:That's awesome Bob! I like hearing things like that. Tha's what community is all about. Shake that mans hand for me.
Will do!
stovehospital wrote:I just bought Blasckak for $100 a ton and bought all they had. They went out of business and had to move it that day
Great deal!!! But, who is they? :lol:

stovehospital
Member
Posts: 222
Joined: Sat. Jun. 25, 2011 7:00 pm
Stove/Furnace Make: 250 stoves in barns
Stove/Furnace Model: #6 Herald baseheater

Post Wed. May. 16, 2012 6:40 am

Mason 's Corner in Westport, Mass. is closed.

User avatar
kstone
Member
Posts: 91
Joined: Wed. Dec. 21, 2011 10:04 am
Baseburners & Antiques: Andes 14 crown
Coal Size/Type: nut
Location: plymouth mass

Post Wed. May. 16, 2012 4:16 pm

paid @ $620 for 2 tons delivered Reading bagged nut from eastern ice Brockton/Fallriver mass @ $290 a ton with 40 dollar fee for drop off

Visit Lehigh Anthracite

Locked

Return to “Coal Prices & Quality, Coal Dealer Inquiries & Reviews”