Franklin Coal

Scottscoaled
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520, 700, Van Wert 800 GJ 61,53
Baseburners & Antiques: Magic Stewart 16, times 2!
Coal Size/Type: Lots of buck
Other Heating: Slant Fin electric boiler backup

Post by Scottscoaled » Mon. Apr. 02, 2012 8:55 pm

Hey!!!!! Has anybody ever heard/tried this Franklin coal? I was on the way to a dealer in Gloversville and saw a couple pallets at another wood stove dealer. They had a big R on them. When I went inside and asked him about it he said the coal came from Pennsylvania. Duh! I said where. He said "No, really. It comes from a place in Penns." Duh! He didn't know much about coal but seemed real happy when I turned him on to the forum. :) Just want to know if anybody has used some. It comes in pretty nice bags and looks just fine. The price was right also :D

NorthernIndiana
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machine #4 Basement with Hopper, DS Machine 1300 Circulator
Coal Size/Type: Nut
Other Heating: Forced Air LP Furnace

Post by NorthernIndiana » Sat. Mar. 08, 2014 8:05 am

I just got bought 20 bags to help finish the season. I'm very pleased with it. It is much cleaner than the locally bagged bulk coal that I buy locally. Price was also decent.

grimmy
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Dovre
Coal Size/Type: nut

Post by grimmy » Sun. Mar. 09, 2014 10:52 pm

Franklin Coal use to be part of Blaschak Coal out of Pine Grove PA. But, they closed about 3 years ago. There is a Franklin Coal Yard out of Frostburg MD. I'm not sure that they are shipping bagged coal.

coalslick
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Fire Chief FC700
Coal Size/Type: Stove
Other Heating: natural gas

Post by coalslick » Mon. Mar. 10, 2014 8:16 am

I just bought a pallet of Franklin,they told me its Blaschak coal. They said that if theres another supplier of Blaschak within a certain distance they can sell under another name :oops: It burns great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Salemcoal

Post by Salemcoal » Tue. Jan. 16, 2018 11:58 pm

Scott , I just bought 2 pallets from a trucker in fair haven Vt. Got it very cheap because a few bags were damaged . Looks like a lot of fines compared to tractor supply stuff. We will see how it burns , just started it yesterday .

Return to “Coal Prices & Quality, Coal Dealer Inquiries & Reviews”