New Coal Dealers in NE Ohio

Keepaeyeonit
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood #8
Coal Size/Type: Nut & stove
Other Heating: 49 year old oil furnace, and finally a new heat pump

Post by Keepaeyeonit » Fri. Dec. 30, 2011 7:09 pm

Hi Ohio,I know this has been a topic before but I'm starting a new thread on new dealers(or old and I just don't know :oops: ) in Ohio,will call them tomorrow to see kind of coal and the price unless one of you can fill me in or have done business with them?.
Adds in the Good News 12/22/11
John's country nursery 440-632-0016 old state Rd
Pine Valley Bolts & Industrial Surplus 440-693-4232 SR 87 ($345.00 2500# skid?)
Warner Bros 440-685-4515 anthracite & bit
Keepaeyeonit :D

Hambden Bob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Blower Model Coal Chubby 1982-Serial#0097
Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni ! / Nut
Other Heating: Pro-Pain Forced Air

Post by Hambden Bob » Fri. Dec. 30, 2011 7:59 pm

I'd say that starting a fresh thread was a good idea,Keapaeyeonit ! There have been changes in the business landscape,and this would be a good time to start mentioning new/merged players in the Coal Supply business. Don't be shy,gang...Hop in with info,pricing,policies and attitudes with these suppliers spread the word regarding what mine and quality of the Coal Product available to Consumers.......

CoaLen
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Keystoker Koker
Coal Size/Type: rice

Post by CoaLen » Fri. Dec. 30, 2011 8:51 pm

My experience has been that I get the best deal from Byler Seed & Hardware on Nash Rd just east of Rt 528. He sells bagged Blaschak. Last price I got was $305/skid.
-Len

McGiever
Stoker Coal Boiler: AXEMAN-ANDERSON 130 "1959"
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: BUCKET A DAY water heater
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Warm Morning 414A
Coal Size/Type: PEA,NUT,STOVE /ANTHRACITE
Other Heating: Ground Source Heat Pump and some Solar

Post by McGiever » Fri. Dec. 30, 2011 9:17 pm

For all who live near enough to make the trip over to the Western PA Dealers...NO SALES TAX :!: :idea:

Keepaeyeonit

Post by Keepaeyeonit » Fri. Dec. 30, 2011 9:54 pm

Hay Coalen,I get my bagged from Mr Byler also(3600# this year) but I get bulk from Bob Bosler(2000# UAE,2000#Mammoth) to but I'm still trying different brands to see what I like I'm burning UAE right now but it has not been cold so I really can't tell, bagged(Blaschak) is convenient and consistent but bulk is cheaper and so far I have got good coal from Bob(I use the Blaschak as a benchmark).
Hi MCgiever,I have been crunching some numbers to see if going to PA would be cheaper but I'm sure due to the trucking,I was thinking if I could get a tt load of bagged blaschak I might do it (I could get it trucked for $1100.00,700 Mi round trip)but I don't know if I could buy it from them or not and what the price would be to make worth the time or savings. Keepaeyeonit

McGiever
Stoker Coal Boiler: AXEMAN-ANDERSON 130 "1959"
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: BUCKET A DAY water heater
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Warm Morning 414A
Coal Size/Type: PEA,NUT,STOVE /ANTHRACITE
Other Heating: Ground Source Heat Pump and some Solar

Post by McGiever » Fri. Dec. 30, 2011 11:38 pm

Hi MCgiever,I have been crunching some numbers to see if going to PA would be cheaper but I'm sure due to the trucking,I was thinking if I could get a tt load of bagged blaschak I might do it (I could get it trucked for $1100.00,700 Mi round trip)but I don't know if I could buy it from them or not and what the price would be to make worth the time or savings. Keepaeyeonit
Not that it isn't one way you could do it...getting TT load.
But, if someone wants to jump the border, there are dealers just a short ways into PA and at least you can get some tax savings.
Again it all comes down to how you can get it hauled. :roll:

Keepaeyeonit

Post by Keepaeyeonit » Sun. Jan. 15, 2012 10:51 am

Hi all,I called and this is what I learned(not much)John's Nursery ant $240.00/ton p/u and bit $150.00/ton p/u and he would not tell me where it was from except it's from PA :x .
Pine valley $345.00 for #2500 pallet and did'nt know what it was :?
Warner bros $241.00/ton p/u,bit $157.50/ton p/u also did'nt know where it was from , :shock: you have got to be kidding me.
Coalen has it right,Byler's has the best price for Blaschak, $325.00/#2400 pallet :).
Kingsville supply has Reading for $324.00/#2400 pallet.
Have a good one Keepaeyeonit

DieselWeasel

Post by DieselWeasel » Sun. Jan. 15, 2012 5:59 pm

I am totally new to this. However I buy my coal from Bosler Bros. In Middlefield also. I picked up 500# just to try. I am almost out now. I need to get some more. It seems to burn well. Not that I have much to compare to though.

Oh yeah... they are like 250$/ton delivered

Keepaeyeonit

Post by Keepaeyeonit » Sun. Jan. 15, 2012 8:17 pm

Welcome Dieselweasel,I called Bob Boler on Monday he was at $245.00/ton p/u, for $5.00/ton for delivery he can bring it all day long(39 Mi round trip for me)but I think he has a 2 ton min and can haul up to 5 tons in one load.Get some Balschak from Byler feed(2 1/2 Mi south of Boslers left on 88 or Nash Rd)so you can compare I think it's real consistent, but Bob has given good coal so far.Have a good one. Keepaeyeonit

DieselWeasel

Post by DieselWeasel » Sat. Jan. 21, 2012 10:42 pm

Thanks for the info... what is Balschak?

I got more today from Bowler because they were only one I could get a hold of. Even though he closed at noon I still got loaded @ 230!
this run was MUCH BETTER. The pieces are larger, and they seem to burn different. More eat to burn with a hot orange flame. The bigger pieces work better in my HotBlast due to the V design

Keepaeyeonit

Post by Keepaeyeonit » Mon. Jan. 23, 2012 7:55 pm

Blaschak is a brand of coal and it's good coal and real constant,it's mostly sold in bag form around here but you can get in bulk to.If you can get UAE harmony from Boslers get some and try it I had a ton and loved it so much I"m trying to get a TT load from them but they will not sell that big of a load to the public right now :mad: I called today and they don't know when they will resume :mad: :mad: .Keepaeyeonit

Return to “Coal Prices & Quality, Coal Dealer Inquiries & Reviews”