Connecticut Coal ???

jb96

Post by jb96 » Thu. Oct. 20, 2011 10:04 pm

Trying to see if I can get enough intrest in a full load only have I have reached out to Blaschak to see what their pricing is no word back yet figure trucking would be about the same. I believe I can get the truck unloaded using a JD310b with forks on the bucket (still looking into this) I would most likley have to get dropped at my home located in haddam a couple of miles off of RT9. I just started this process and am new to this whole thing but trying to reduce fuel cost and see if this could be passed on. any suggestions would be welcomed.

CT coal burner
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 503
Coal Size/Type: Nut

Post by CT coal burner » Thu. Oct. 20, 2011 11:13 pm

jb96 wrote:Trying to see if I can get enough intrest in a full load only have I have reached out to Blaschak to see what their pricing is no word back yet figure trucking would be about the same. I believe I can get the truck unloaded using a JD310b with forks on the bucket (still looking into this) I would most likley have to get dropped at my home located in haddam a couple of miles off of RT9. I just started this process and am new to this whole thing but trying to reduce fuel cost and see if this could be passed on. any suggestions would be welcomed.
Sounds like you are in the right direction. I would take 2 - 4 skids of nut coal, depending on your need to fill a truck. Perhaps you could place an ad on Craiglist.
Speaking of Craiglist, I had a deal with a guy from down your way who listed coal for $4 a bag, he had three tons. I called him on the weekend, as he suggested, to come pick up the coal, and his phone went to voice mail. Left him a couple messages, no response. The bum didn't follow through on our deal, and must have sold to someone else, and I will never know why. Anyway, my point is that a man's word is not what it once was, and integrity is becoming a lost trait.
Let me know how I can help.

jb96

Post by jb96 » Fri. Oct. 21, 2011 6:54 am

Morning all this is what I have to date

Jb96 6 pallets Rice
CT Coal Burner 2 pallets of nut

the trucking company can bring 20 pallets I will post as soon as I hear cost from Blaschak

Howudoin2427
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 50-93

Post by Howudoin2427 » Fri. Oct. 21, 2011 7:08 am

i love what you are trying to do and would love to get in on it however I don't have the means to transport from you to massachusetts. I am about an hour from haddam? I should be allset for this year I have 3 tons but mabey next year. It would be nice if people from massachusetts wanted to do the same. I pay about 300 a ton. I find it surprising that price is so much seeing as we aren't super far from PA.

rasct

Post by rasct » Fri. Oct. 21, 2011 9:55 pm

I would be interested in two pallets of stove. I also live in Haddam, would be willing to also help in the loading and unloading.

Rob

jb96

Post by jb96 » Tue. Oct. 25, 2011 12:27 pm

Afternoon all

I am going to try to burn a couple of different types of coal this year before I jump in getting a large load delivered. I have spoken to folks at breakers/trucking companies and coal brokers so I will be ready for next year.

thanks

NWBuilder
Stoker Coal Boiler: Ahs 130
Coal Size/Type: Burning Pea anthracite

Post by NWBuilder » Tue. Nov. 01, 2011 8:44 am

Sorry this info took so long to get to you all. We gat our truckloads from Centralia coal our contact is Jeff Frank at 570-822-4135 the trucker is Eddy Ramos 908-507-2154. I hope this helps. We paid $269.00 a ton delivered to Norfolk CT. Good luck.

coaledsweat
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 260M
Coal Size/Type: Pea

Post by coaledsweat » Tue. Nov. 01, 2011 6:52 pm

NWBuilder wrote:We paid $269.00 a ton delivered to Norfolk CT.
What is the minimum load? 20 tons?

NWBuilder
Stoker Coal Boiler: Ahs 130
Coal Size/Type: Burning Pea anthracite

Post by NWBuilder » Thu. Nov. 03, 2011 4:33 pm

I don't think there is a minimum but if you get less the trucking would be the same so your cost per ton would increase. We generally do get between 20 and 22 ton I believe. Its a good deal.

jeff216410

Post by jeff216410 » Mon. Nov. 07, 2011 12:30 pm

Just got my coal this weekend from Back to Basics in Terryville for $279 a ton.

Just thought I would mention I too have spoken to that guy Jeff from Centralia coal company. He was very helpful and eager to help set up a truckload delivery to CT. He did mention as a coal broker he can get coal from just about any source and bag it for you. That may be a way to get the infamous UAE Harmony coal here in CT which I would love to try.

Also there is a source for Jeddo coal in the new britain area which is excellent coal. I think he sells bulk or can bag it. I want to try it one of these days.

BWood

Post by BWood » Sat. Dec. 17, 2011 9:32 pm

I have been buying bulk and bagged from Charles Gutowski in Northfield CT just south of Torringtom, he delivers or you can pick up he has a scale in the Yard.
Great guy!
BDW

coaledsweat
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 260M

Post by coaledsweat » Sun. Dec. 18, 2011 7:37 am

jeff216410 wrote:Also there is a source for Jeddo coal in the new britain area which is excellent coal. I think he sells bulk or can bag it. I want to try it one of these days.
Al is having his trials and tribulations the last few years. His coal elevator has been broken and he cannot fill the silos, his bulk is fairly limited to delivery only at this point and that's when it's available. I believe he runs low on bagged now and again too. The coal is Jeddo and it is good.

Ross
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Surdiac Gotha 713

Post by Ross » Tue. Dec. 20, 2011 2:22 pm

Yeah I just found out the hard way Al is out of bagged pea coal. Anyone have a supplier near Plainville, CT? I have a about a 3 day supply left!

**** updated****Just hung up with Back to Basics coal in Terryville, I'm heading out there to pick up some bagged. Will see how it burns.

EasyRay
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman TLC 2000
Coal Size/Type: Pea,Nut or Stove

Post by EasyRay » Tue. Dec. 20, 2011 6:17 pm

Ross wrote:Yeah I just found out the hard way Al is out of bagged pea coal. Anyone have a supplier near Plainville, CT? I have a about a 3 day supply left!

**** updated****Just hung up with Back to Basics coal in Terryville, I'm heading out there to pick up some bagged. Will see how it burns.
BT Enterprises 500 broad Street Bristol. I've been buying from them for quite a few years. They carry rice, pea, and nut. Bagged Blaschak. A lot closer to you than Terryville.

http://www.btpellet.com/

Ross
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Surdiac Gotha 713

Post by Ross » Tue. Dec. 20, 2011 7:43 pm

Thanks! That's very close to me!

Return to “Coal Prices & Quality, Coal Dealer Inquiries & Reviews”