Let's Buy Bulk Coal for Fall 2011.

Got Coal? You can make dealer inquiries here for both anthracite and bituminous coal. Co-op information for those looking to purchase in bulk as a group. Reviews on different brands and dealers.
creggh
Stove/Furnace Make: Hitzer
Stove/Furnace Model: 503 EZ hopper

Post Mon. Aug. 01, 2011 6:32 pm

Okay, last year I placed a couple of posts about buying bulk coal. I just got back on the site and I can see that several people are interested . If these landscaping companies can have it delivered and sell it for $300.00+ a ton, why can't we do the same thing. I am interested in coordinating something and I do have the room to have the coal delivered, but I don't have a tractor and scale to measure it once it is delivered. If anyone is interested, please call me and lets brainstorm and call some breakers. I don't have any numbers, but I would like to get this price down somewhere reasonable, so I can burn 3 tons this year. I don't want to make a profit, just want to share the savings. thanks, Cregg in Milford, Michigan 313-402-8133

DennisH
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Yukon-Eagle Klondike IV
Other Heating: Propane

Post Fri. Aug. 05, 2011 8:02 pm

While I live in Pinckney, not far from you in Milford, my coal furnace is in my house in Escanaba. Waiting for my dealer in the U.P to get back to me with 2011 prices for nut coal. Got it last year for $450 per 2400 lb skid (60 x 40lb bags), so that's $375 for a short ton. If I knew there was a returning tractor-trailer coming empty from NEPA, I'd be willing to buy up to six skids if the price was good and he'd continue on to the U.P!!

amielynn76
Stove/Furnace Make: Mullet

Post Tue. Sep. 20, 2011 10:34 pm

I am very interested in buying in bulk. I live in Central Mi. I have a loader and access to a scale about a mile from my house. I also have room for it to be delivered. If anyone is still interested (I know, kind of late in the season), let me know! Thanks.

Visit Lehigh Anthracite

70marlin
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman
Stove/Furnace Model: SF 1500A

Post Thu. Sep. 22, 2011 2:09 pm

For me it's too late in the season for a coal purchase, I’m set with 10 cord of fire wood and one skid of nut coal. I live in Grass Lk. mi just off I94 150 exit (Jackson mi area) with possible accesses to tractor with a loader bucket. I also have a large side yard that a semi could get into.

James
Stove/Furnace Make: us stove
Stove/Furnace Model: clayton

Post Fri. Oct. 21, 2011 4:20 am

I live in New Era Michigan, I am willing to start a coal business on my property and purchase coal in bulk and bagged. however build it they will come, I cannot afford. if there is enough demand I would be willing to put the first foot foward.
I am new to all this, including posting. and I am just now installing my first stove in the basement. it will burn wood or coal.
if anyone would like to add there input it would be welcom.
thx. J.R.

Return to “Coal Prices & Quality, Coal Dealer Inquiries & Reviews”