Where to Buy Coal?

Got Coal? You can make dealer inquiries here for both anthracite and bituminous coal. Co-op information for those looking to purchase in bulk as a group. Reviews on different brands and dealers.
SMITTY
Stoker Coal Boiler: Patriot Coal - (custom built by Jim Dorsey, Taunton MA - RIP 4/18/13)
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mark III (SOLD!)
Coal Size/Type: Rice / Blaschak anthracite
Other Heating: Oil fired Burnham boiler

Post Thu. Aug. 21, 2014 9:51 am

Friggin prices have gone nuts this year - everywhere is up from $20 -$50 per ton. :mad:

I ended up wasting 2 months trying to find cheaper coal to no avail. Paid $315 a ton after delivery charges for this season - $25 per ton more than last. :mad:
The laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are
neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. ...Such laws make things worse
for the assaulted and better for the assailants, they serve rather to
encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with
greater confidence than an armed man."

- Thomas Jefferson, quoting 18th century criminologist Cesare Beccaria in "On
Crimes and Punishment."

plumber
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 350

Post Wed. Aug. 27, 2014 5:26 pm

vfrjim wrote:I called cranston coal the other day and it was $332 delivered to warwick
Cranston coal is way higher than everyone else. There is Fuel & Flame in Woonsocket and Pellets Direct in Uxbridge. Try them out.
Ernie

Feet and knees together

Visit Lehigh Anthracite

plumber
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 350

Post Wed. Aug. 27, 2014 5:28 pm

SMITTY wrote:Friggin prices have gone nuts this year - everywhere is up from $20 -$50 per ton. :mad:

I ended up wasting 2 months trying to find cheaper coal to no avail. Paid $315 a ton after delivery charges for this season - $25 per ton more than last. :mad:
That seems high. I payed $295 delivered for 8 tons from a guy out your way, out by Palmer.
Ernie

Feet and knees together

Return to “Coal Prices & Quality, Coal Dealer Inquiries & Reviews”