Big Price Jump Bagged Nut Coal

duck
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 30 95

Post by duck » Tue. May. 03, 2011 9:49 pm

Last summer 2010 in eastern CT we could buy bagged nut coal between $260 - $275 per ton. I just called the local Agway the price jumped up $60 per ton from $275 a ton in late summer. I have never known coal prices to fall just wondered what folks think buy now for next winter or wait???

MoBe
Stoker Coal Boiler: AA 130, Stokol Stoker, Gentleman Janitor
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: American Standard, National, Burnham, US National

Post by MoBe » Tue. May. 03, 2011 9:52 pm

Buddy If I was a bettin man I would say this is only the beginning! Economy as far as im concerned is in the tank and fuel prices just keep getting higher and higher! Someone is going to pay for it and "the man" isnt going to go in the hole to make sure we can afford to heat our houses.

lowfog01
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Mark II & Mark I
Coal Size/Type: nut/pea

Post by lowfog01 » Tue. May. 03, 2011 9:53 pm

duck wrote:Last summer 2010 in eastern CT we could buy bagged nut coal between $260 - $275 per ton. I just called the local Agway the price jumped up $60 per ton from $275 a ton in late summer. I have never known coal prices to fall just wondered what folks think buy now for next winter or wait???
Buy now or as soon as you can. The prices are only go up as long as the idiot are running Washington, DC. That's both DEMS and REPs. Lisa

blrman07

Post by blrman07 » Wed. May. 04, 2011 6:48 am

Shamokin Pa.... Reading brand bagged nut or rice coal at ACE jumped last week to $6.95 a bag, up about a $1.00 a bag which puts it at $278 a ton. Bulk at Harmony is still at $150 a ton and Lenig's is still at $140 a ton. Bagged coal seems to be going nuts for some reason where bulk hasn't moved.

And this is the heart of anthracite country. Everybody else stand by!!!!

steamup
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman-Anderson AA-130, Keystoker K-6
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: HS Tarm 502 Wood/Coal/Oil
Coal Size/Type: pea, buck, rice

Post by steamup » Wed. May. 04, 2011 8:13 am

With diesel up over 60% higer than last year, anything that is shipped will be more expensive almost immediately. Expect bulk prices at retails to increase as soon as they get new stock in. Mining lags a little in price increases as diesel is not as large of a percentage in the overall cost of mining. They will wait to make a price adjustment to keep their prices more stable and to avoid customer confusion and dissatisfaction. Everyone I have talked to expects to see a price jump sometime in July - just before the big demand for heating coal.

Return to “Coal Prices & Quality, Coal Dealer Inquiries & Reviews”