Coal Price Increase

grobinson2
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520 Highboy, and EFM 520 round door
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Coalbrookdale Darby, Harman Mark III, Stratford SC100, DutchWest 288 (With Coal Insert), Coalbrookdale Severn, Hitzer 50/93, Hitzer 354 Double Door, FrancoBelge La Normandie, DS Machine Anthramax
Coal Size/Type: Rice, Buck, Pea, Nut, and Stove
Other Heating: Vermont Castings Defiant 1975 FlexBurn, Fisher Grandpa Bear, Vermont Castings DutchWest 224, Vermont Castings Defiant 1945, Ravelli RV-100 Classic, Progress Hybrid, Glenwood Wood Chip Boiler

Post by grobinson2 » Sun. Apr. 17, 2011 10:48 am

I just wanted to see if anyone else had heard about a large price increase for Jetto, S & T (Stockton), Blaskak, and UAE at the end of April? Yesterday I went to our local coal yard just to pick up enough to get me to the end of this heating season and this was all anyone was talking about. I normally burn UAE but the closest thing they had was Supiear so I went with one 55 gallon drum of Supiear nut and one drum of Stockton pea again both in 55 gallon drums filled to the top. What I found interesting was that my drum of pea was 480 pounds and the drum of nut was 396 pounds. Is this a difference between the denser Stockton coal or because the pea packs tighter? Still I thought it was a big difference in weight for such a small amount of coal.

Thanks,
Glenn

Sorry about spelling errors I am on the mobile.

theo

Post by theo » Sun. Apr. 17, 2011 10:53 am

Would not surprize me abit, everything is going up! I went to pick up pizza at the local pizza parlor and they had a big sign up saying the first of the month pizza was going up. They did not say how much of a price increase yet, probably depends on how much fuel costs go up by the end of the month

crazy4coal

Post by crazy4coal » Sun. Apr. 17, 2011 11:06 am

I e-mailed Kimmels and the price is up 5.00 a ton and will increase again. Fuel prices are the reason.

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sun. Apr. 17, 2011 11:15 am

Yes, Pea packs much tighter ;) Plus it strikes me that Pea holds moisture more-so then Nut

whistlenut
Stoker Coal Boiler: AA130's,260's, AHS130&260's,EFM900,GJ & V-Wert
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Franks,Itasca 415,Jensen, NYer 130,Van Wert
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Alaska, EFM, Keystoker, Yellow Flame
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska, Keystoker-2,Leisure Line
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Alaska, Gibraltar, Keystone,Vc Vigilant 2
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Ford, Jensen, NYer, Van Wert,
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwoods
Coal Size/Type: Barley, Buck, Rice ,Nut, Stove
Other Heating: Oil HWBB

Post by whistlenut » Sun. Apr. 17, 2011 11:24 am

It would follow that coal prices would have to go up as costs escalate. $4+/- off road, 4.25 on road.....plus all other costs going up. Fair is fair, especially since coal folks are as 'frugal' as any folks on earth. Well, perhaps the 'Dung burners' are the most cost effective amongst us all. Smitty...if only there were a way to capture all the 'dung' on Capital Hill', you could do as Alaska does with the 'Oil Subsidy'. The Methane exhaled every day there, would heat and fuel all of New England.

grobinson2
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Coalbrookdale Darby, Harman Mark III, Stratford SC100, DutchWest 288 (With Coal Insert), Coalbrookdale Severn, Hitzer 50/93, Hitzer 354 Double Door, FrancoBelge La Normandie, DS Machine Anthramax
Other Heating: Vermont Castings Defiant 1975 FlexBurn, Fisher Grandpa Bear, Vermont Castings DutchWest 224, Vermont Castings Defiant 1945, Ravelli RV-100 Classic, Progress Hybrid, Glenwood Wood Chip Boiler

Post by grobinson2 » Sun. Apr. 17, 2011 11:26 am

Yea, they said it was fuel cost and the fact that China is sucking up all of our coal. UAE will not sign new contracts for any coal after July as they do not feel they can keep up with current production. Another local blashak dealer said they will not honor his usual 300 ton like in past years.

Thanks,
Glenn

Barnzy
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM AP-520-1
Coal Size/Type: Rice -- Anthracite

Post by Barnzy » Sun. Apr. 17, 2011 11:34 am

theo wrote:Would not surprize me abit, everything is going up! I went to pick up pizza at the local pizza parlor and they had a big sign up saying the first of the month pizza was going up. They did not say how much of a price increase yet, probably depends on how much fuel costs go up by the end of the month
Theo, a friend of mine owns a pizza shell/crust manufacturing business and he told me flour prices
are rising on a daily basis. He has bulk tanker deliveries blown into his silo, and if bulk prices are
killing him you can imagine the hurt of corner pizza shops buying in 50# and 100# bags.
Also, the fuel surcharges on his deliveries are rising.

Funny thing though,my coal delivery last month was DOWN by $ 20.00 per 2 ton compared to
my January delivery.. ;)

grobinson2

Post by grobinson2 » Sun. Apr. 17, 2011 12:24 pm

Looks like I will be hauling several 5 ton loads of coal on Wednesday.
Glenn

PelletstoCoal

Post by PelletstoCoal » Wed. Apr. 20, 2011 4:20 pm

what difference does it make we only need enough for one more year, 2012 and all approaching. :shock:

mike

Post by mike » Wed. Apr. 20, 2011 4:26 pm

Jeddos coal is going up 10.00 a ton, this is the first they raised the price in over a year.

stovepipemike

Post by stovepipemike » Thu. Apr. 21, 2011 7:54 am

I just now got off the phone with UAE. The office claims that they are unaware of a price increase at this time.Then again the yard office may not set the policy for the outfit.I hope they can hold on till I can get the little trailer emptied of the big load of compost. Mike

Dirty Steve
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker KA-6
Coal Size/Type: Rice
Other Heating: Oil- Off line

Post by Dirty Steve » Mon. Apr. 25, 2011 10:41 am

I pulled the trigger on a load of coal for 2011-2012 heating season. I hope the world does not end as the Mayans predict or I may just wasted some money. :lol: $225 a ton picked up from the coal man. Got 8.25 ton. Was selling for $230 a ton but gave me a break for the big load. Little on the wet side due to mother nature's recent storms though. :roll: But, I'm happy to have my bin full ahead of time. My local gets Jetto (Jeddo- how is that spelled?)coal. Said the price was going up $10 a ton in May. Coal bin is FULL ++++. Had to fill every pail/tub I could empty. Just hope I can heat the DHW this summer also. That would be excellent!!!

coal berner
Location: Pottsville PA. Schuylkill County PA. The Hart Of Anthracite Coal Country.
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1986 Electric Furnace Man 520 DF

Post by coal berner » Wed. Apr. 27, 2011 10:37 am

stovepipemike wrote:I just now got off the phone with UAE. The office claims that they are unaware of a price increase at this time.Then again the yard office may not set the policy for the outfit.I hope they can hold on till I can get the little trailer emptied of the big load of compost. Mike
Oh yes they do the owner office is inside the trailer As of yesterday no price increase yet but can't guarantee it won't
be going do to fuel cost and production slowing down do to that they will not be able to use the continues miner
much longer to mine the coal They will be going to conventional / by hand mining soon .

coal berner
Location: Pottsville PA. Schuylkill County PA. The Hart Of Anthracite Coal Country.
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1986 Electric Furnace Man 520 DF

Post by coal berner » Wed. Apr. 27, 2011 10:39 am

grobinson2 wrote:I just wanted to see if anyone else had heard about a large price increase for Jetto, S & T (Stockton), Blaskak, and UAE at the end of April? Yesterday I went to our local coal yard just to pick up enough to get me to the end of this heating season and this was all anyone was talking about. I normally burn UAE but the closest thing they had was Supiear so I went with one 55 gallon drum of Supiear nut and one drum of Stockton pea again both in 55 gallon drums filled to the top. What I found interesting was that my drum of pea was 480 pounds and the drum of nut was 396 pounds. Is this a difference between the denser Stockton coal or because the pea packs tighter? Still I thought it was a big difference in weight for such a small amount of coal.

Thanks,
Glenn

Sorry about spelling errors I am on the mobile.
Nothing close about Superior coal & UAE coal big difference between the to.
UAE is a far better product then what Superior is Now .

Return to “Coal Prices & Quality, Coal Dealer Inquiries & Reviews”