Very Cheap Long Distance Coal Delivery Nj Ny Pa

butchthecoalman

Post by butchthecoalman » Mon. Mar. 14, 2011 9:10 pm

Coalfire wrote:So you have been hand shoveling coal for 30years :?
nope, I have been only doing it for a year, I grew alot of muscles, my boss did it for about 30 years the same way, he used to be a giant

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Mon. Mar. 14, 2011 9:17 pm

Richard, I don't know if GIANT is the word I would have used to describe someone that has been hand shoveling that much coal out of a deep trailer for 30 yrs. :? But, how high are these pockets?? And how do you get to some of these coal bins that are per say in the garage--behind the house, :blah:, etc. what's your chute set-up--how much of a distance does it cover

butchthecoalman

Post by butchthecoalman » Mon. Mar. 14, 2011 9:32 pm

freetown fred wrote:Richard, I don't know if GIANT is the word I would have used to describe someone that has been hand shoveling that much coal out of a deep trailer for 30 yrs. :? But, how high are these pockets?? And how do you get to some of these coal bins that are per say in the garage--behind the house, :blah:, etc. what's your chute set-up--how much of a distance does it cover
we never have a prob, we just drive right up to where the coal is going and start going for it, I have never took a measurement of how high the bin is but if ihad to guess I would say about 4 and a half foot from the ground, and our shutes can connect together up to 20 ft, and are made of stainless steel so it flows good

whistlenut
Stoker Coal Boiler: AA130's,260's, AHS130&260's,EFM900,GJ & V-Wert
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Franks,Itasca 415,Jensen, NYer 130,Van Wert
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Alaska, EFM, Keystoker, Yellow Flame
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska, Keystoker-2,Leisure Line
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Alaska, Gibraltar, Keystone,Vc Vigilant 2
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Ford, Jensen, NYer, Van Wert,
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwoods
Coal Size/Type: Barley, Buck, Rice ,Nut, Stove
Other Heating: Oil HWBB

Post by whistlenut » Mon. Mar. 14, 2011 9:55 pm

Something is not right here..................... :? :? :? :? :?
Last edited by whistlenut on Tue. Mar. 15, 2011 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

butchthecoalman

Post by butchthecoalman » Mon. Mar. 14, 2011 10:02 pm

whistlenut wrote:Something not right here..................... :? :? :? :? :?
like what, just ask me a question and I will honestly answer it to the best of my knowledge. you can call stoves and stuff up in south tamaqua, they swear by us and no one else, they refere us to everyone they sell a unit to. we have a great track record, and a great portfolio, I have nothing to hide

freetown fred

Post by freetown fred » Mon. Mar. 14, 2011 10:08 pm

Richard, I guess it's just interesting,with members from all over the country,& on this site for many years, some that mine & some that deliver in NEPA, that no one has ever heard of butch or I'm sure they would have chimed in by now.

butchthecoalman

Post by butchthecoalman » Mon. Mar. 14, 2011 10:16 pm

freetown fred wrote:Richard, I guess it's just interesting,with members from all over the country,& on this site for many years, some that mine & some that deliver in NEPA, that no one has ever heard of butch or I'm sure they would have chimed in by now.
your right, and thats what I told butch, I started advertising behind his back 9 months ago and when I told him he was on the internet he was so glad because he never advertised in 30 years, im just trying to get him known, I know he knows people like wilson coal delivery in nj, and other suppliers, and if they are on here im sure we could catch up with them.

coaledsweat
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 260M
Coal Size/Type: Pea

Post by coaledsweat » Mon. Mar. 14, 2011 10:27 pm

I burned that South Tamaqua stuff for about 2 years, it was good coal. I was getting it from a dealer in Middletown, CT. I would still be burning it if he didn't retire and close up.

fastcat
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 50-93
Coal Size/Type: Blaschak Nut/Stove Mix

Post by fastcat » Mon. Mar. 14, 2011 10:51 pm

Ya this is most likely one of those up front deals, he sells you 5 ton delivered to Maine for $500 upfront and next winter you freeze your buns off waiting on your coal that will never arrive. :x When someone says the price is to good to be true it most likely is.

butchthecoalman

Post by butchthecoalman » Mon. Mar. 14, 2011 11:12 pm

fastcat wrote:Ya this is most likely one of those up front deals, he sells you 5 ton delivered to Maine for $500 upfront and next winter you freeze your buns off waiting on your coal that will never arrive. :x When someone says the price is to good to be true it most likely is.

well I know when someone puts an order in with us we schedule it for delivery now longer then a week after the customer calls, that gives us enough time to schedule in more people in route on our travel to the customers property

VigIIPeaBurner
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Keystoker Koker(down)
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Vermont Casting Vigilant II 2310
Other Heating: #2 Oil Furnace

Post by VigIIPeaBurner » Mon. Mar. 14, 2011 11:45 pm

coaledsweat wrote:I burned that South Tamaqua stuff for about 2 years, it was good coal. I was getting it from a dealer in Middletown, CT. I would still be burning it if he didn't retire and close up.
Two of my coal burning buddies bur STCP's product in their MkIII's and love it. Switched to it from Jedo after rocks started appearing in the Jedo product. They've been using it for years and one of'em is a firewood dearler :lol:

Richard S.
Mayor
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert VA1200
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/Anthracite

Post by Richard S. » Tue. Mar. 15, 2011 12:56 am

whistlenut wrote:Something not right here..................... :? :? :? :? :?
As crazy as it sounds there is still people delivering coal like that. High lift is a big investment but at the very least I'd be using dump with a auger.

freetown fred

Post by freetown fred » Tue. Mar. 15, 2011 7:35 am

Richard, you didn't answer this one to my satisfaction :?: Is there any up front charge?? What if we order & you don't get any other orders from that particular area?? What is the going price at S.Tamaqua right now, today?? Or, more to the point--what is your price today,if I were to call & order 5 ton??
butchthecoalman wrote:
fastcat wrote:Ya this is most likely one of those up front deals, he sells you 5 ton delivered to Maine for $500 upfront and next winter you freeze your buns off waiting on your coal that will never arrive. :x When someone says the price is to good to be true it most likely is.

well I know when someone puts an order in with us we schedule it for delivery now longer then a week after the customer calls, that gives us enough time to schedule in more people in route on our travel to the customers property

kstills
Stoker Coal Boiler: WL 110

Post by kstills » Tue. Mar. 15, 2011 8:09 am

A general question to the board, has anyone used the coal from the South Tamaqua Coal pockets? And is as good as advertised here?

freetown fred

Post by freetown fred » Tue. Mar. 15, 2011 8:29 am

Read up 4 posts

Return to “Coal Prices & Quality, Coal Dealer Inquiries & Reviews”