Coal Suppliers for Western, Middle Ct

wwct

Post by wwct » Fri. Dec. 03, 2010 8:40 pm

M & S Coal Sales - 570-644-1469
Gypsy from PA, been buying from him for 15 yrs. Bulk only. Hit on some bad time, but seems to be back in business :) He's hit or miss on his schedule, and you don't know the breaker, but it's always good stuff.

Charlie Gutowski Coal Sales - 860-283-5640
Charlie is from Northfield, CT. Sells bagged or bulk from Blashek. Course he's 80, and I bought 2 yrs ago from him (when the bad times hit above). Found him finally on Craig's list. Nice guy, very responsible, always returns phone-email.

BTW, I hate bagged coal. As a 5' 2" widow, they're like handling a screaming toddler throwing themselves backwards. Just had me a shovel.

Hope this helps somebody :D

Uglysquirrel

Post by Uglysquirrel » Fri. Dec. 03, 2010 8:46 pm

Thanks, I'm in Manchester. Where is Northfield ?

beemerboy

Post by beemerboy » Sat. Dec. 04, 2010 9:17 am

I get my bulk from Phelps and Sons in Vernon, Ct.

EasyRay
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman TLC 2000
Coal Size/Type: Pea,Nut or Stove

Post by EasyRay » Sat. Dec. 04, 2010 10:58 am

Uglysquirrel wrote:Thanks, I'm in Manchester. Where is Northfield ?
Its in Litchfield County. Northfield is north of Thomaston. Route 254 runs north west out of Thomaston right through Northfield. Thomaston is west of Bristol.

cokehead

Post by cokehead » Sat. Dec. 04, 2010 12:39 pm

wwct wrote:M & S Coal Sales - 570-644-1469
Gypsy from PA, been buying from him for 15 yrs. Bulk only. Hit on some bad time, but seems to be back in business :) He's hit or miss on his schedule, and you don't know the breaker, but it's always good stuff.

Charlie is from Northfield, CT. Sells bagged or bulk from Blashek. Course he's 80, and I bought 2 yrs ago from him (when the bad times hit above). Found him finally on Craig's list. Nice guy, very responsible, always returns phone-email.

BTW, I hate bagged coal. As a 5' 2" widow, they're like handling a screaming toddler throwing themselves backwards. Just had me a shovel.

I just talked to the guy at M+S Coal. His dump truck holds 11 tons and he has dividers in the body so he can split loads easily meaning if you have a few neighbors that want to split a load it is doable. His coal is washed and from the marathon vein. White ash. He has been to central Connecticut and is willing to go further on a case by case basis. He is from Coal Township, PA. Although I haven't done business with him he sounds like a decent guy on the phone. I think that is where my next load will come from.

cokehead

Post by cokehead » Sat. Dec. 04, 2010 12:41 pm

beemerboy wrote:I get my bulk from Phelps and Sons in Vernon, Ct.
I contacted them a few years back and they where unwilling to come to Mystic to deliver.

cokehead

Post by cokehead » Sun. Dec. 05, 2010 7:57 pm

cokehead wrote:
wwct wrote:M & S Coal Sales - 570-644-1469

I just talked to the guy at M+S Coal. His dump truck holds 11 tons and he has dividers in the body so he can split loads easily meaning if you have a few neighbors that want to split a load it is doable. His coal is washed and from the marathon vein. White ash. He has been to central Connecticut and is willing to go further on a case by case basis. He is from Coal Township, PA. Although I haven't done business with him he sounds like a decent guy on the phone. I think that is where my next load will come from.
I made a mistake in my post and it was too late to edit it. The coal M+S sells is from the Mammoth Vein, not marathon. :oops:

BWood

Post by BWood » Tue. Dec. 07, 2010 8:21 pm

I have been buying from Charlie for over 5 years, he can deliver bulk and get you Bagged. Priceless, sometimes I buy it bulk and other times I pick it up in buckets or bagged. he has a scale in his yard and always a nice guy to talk to!
Support local!
BDW

getme2tons
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Warm Morning 523R Coal Stove
Coal Size/Type: Chestnut

Post by getme2tons » Mon. Dec. 20, 2010 9:35 am

Hi,
I'm a long time coal burner in Enfield. I've used Phelps and Sons for the past five years. One of their drivers lives a few streets down from me. You can also get bagged coal from Mitchell Fuel on Sullivan Ave. in South Windsor. He has plenty. I buy from him in the spring if I need extra to get me through an extra week or two.

Mike

coaledsweat
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 260M
Coal Size/Type: Pea

Post by coaledsweat » Wed. Dec. 29, 2010 3:25 pm

Agway on State Street in North Haven has Kimmel's coal, nut and pea. They have a lot of nut bags that were giving up, not sure why but the bags were tearing open. They dropped them into clear plastic bags and selling them at 1/2 price @ $5 a bag, not a bad deal. Looks like he may have a ton or so. :)

blrman1962

Post by blrman1962 » Sat. Jan. 22, 2011 7:48 am

Household fuel in New Britian Ct has been dealing in leigh vally coal since 1929 and sell both bulk and bagged at a very resonable cost. and he will deliver I beleive 1 ton or more to your door. he is open 6 days a week. his phone # is 860-224 2424
Household Coal & Oil CO, Household Coal & Oil Company Of New Britain, Incorporated, Household Coal & Oil
24 Dwight Court
New Britain, CT 06051-2317
860-224-2424 :)

jeff216410

Post by jeff216410 » Mon. Mar. 14, 2011 12:58 pm

I heard Household coal and Oil was selling Jeddo Coal. Is that correct? Has anyone burned it? My cousin burns nut and loves Jeddo coal but I burn rice. I would love to get some rice to try. I use Blaschak and have had good luck with it, but I think I could get better coal. I have never tried another brand so I have nothing to compare to. I think I get too much ash. Also, the Blaschak rice coal seems to be a lot larger then rice.

coaledsweat
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 260M
Coal Size/Type: Pea

Post by coaledsweat » Mon. Mar. 14, 2011 1:21 pm

jeff216410 wrote:I heard Household coal and Oil was selling Jeddo Coal.
I burned Al's coal for 3+ years and have no complaints. He usually has 2-300 tons laying around so at least he has it. :)

EasyRay
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman TLC 2000
Coal Size/Type: Pea,Nut or Stove

Post by EasyRay » Mon. Mar. 14, 2011 7:35 pm

jeff216410 wrote:I heard Household coal and Oil was selling Jeddo Coal. Is that correct? Has anyone burned it? My cousin burns nut and loves Jeddo coal but I burn rice. I would love to get some rice to try. I use Blaschak and have had good luck with it, but I think I could get better coal. I have never tried another brand so I have nothing to compare to. I think I get too much ash. Also, the Blaschak rice coal seems to be a lot larger then rice.
I burned their nut and pea coal for years and never had a problem. I get my coal from B T Enterprises now because their less than ten minutes from my house.

getme2tons
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Warm Morning 523R Coal Stove
Coal Size/Type: Chestnut

Post by getme2tons » Tue. Mar. 22, 2011 9:43 am

I used all of the 2 tons I bought from Phelps and Sons around the 15th of March and bought ten bags more from Mitchell Fuel in South Windsor. The price is still $7.00 a bag. I bought ten bags and it appears that I will have to go back and get another week's worth in a few days.

The Blaschak coal is pretty good stuff but I still save $200 by buying the stuff in bulk.

Return to “Coal Prices & Quality, Coal Dealer Inquiries & Reviews”