Coal Dealers in Ohio

Keepaeyeonit
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood #8
Coal Size/Type: Nut & stove
Other Heating: 49 year old oil furnace, and finally a new heat pump

Post by Keepaeyeonit » Wed. Jan. 16, 2013 8:58 pm

Larry,without putting on a scale I would say maybe 8%,that pic of my ash pan is 24HRS and 2 shake downs worth now with the Harmony I can go 3 shake downs before the pan is full

lsayre
Stoker Coal Boiler: AHS S130 Coal Gun
Coal Size/Type: Lehigh Anthracite Pea
Other Heating: Resistance Boiler (13.5 KW), ComfortMax 75

Post by lsayre » Wed. Jan. 16, 2013 9:03 pm

Keepaeyeonit wrote:Larry,without putting on a scale I would say maybe 8%,that pic of my ash pan is 24HRS and 2 shake downs worth now with the Harmony I can go 3 shake downs before the pan is full
I'm at closer to 8% with Harmony as well. 10.5% for the Lehigh doesn't sound too bad though.

Keepaeyeonit

Post by Keepaeyeonit » Wed. Jan. 16, 2013 9:17 pm

No not at all but the shits real dirty thats my only compliant,I fill the stove until the coal wants to roll out the loading door and when it does it makes a real mess with the fines so call me a :cry2: :baby: but I can't stand dirt and dust in my house and I burn coal in a hand fired stove :shock: go figure :D .

Keepaeyeonit

Post by Keepaeyeonit » Sat. Jan. 19, 2013 1:34 pm

Well after a week I had to build a screener to clean the nut,I found that there is way too many fines and small pieces of coal :mad: :mad: .The stove is a bear to keep at a consistent temp when I load sometimes I get a scoop nut and the next is pea to dust and as far as ash It's running 10.5 to 12%(not bad at all) and not real consistent in color.
IMG_1488.JPG
.JPG | 184.1KB | IMG_1488.JPG
I filled the first buckets and a 1\3 of the last one screening 14-5gal buckets.Keepaeyeonit

BuckeyeJoe79
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 50-93 & 30-95
Coal Size/Type: Bulk nut
Other Heating: Fuel Oil

Post by BuckeyeJoe79 » Tue. Oct. 18, 2022 7:01 am

Hello all,
I see this post hasn't been updated in quite some time, so I wanted to get the ball rolling again. Can people list the suppliers they're using in Eastern OH for bulk coal, both bit and anthracite? The coal market has been crazy lately so I wanted to get info out there not only for myself but for everyone. I live outside of Wooster and am constantly looking for better deals on coal. I had been burning bagged anthracite from a local dealer, but Ive since built a bin to hold 3 ton bulk, so I'm looking everywhere now. I found Holloway Tipple in Flushing OH, who has bulk nut bit coal. Does anyone have info on Thompson Bros in New Springfield OH, or Central Fuels in New Philly? I also know of Coal Way in Apple Creek, but they're typically a bit high priced across the board. Any info would be appreciated!!

archangel_cpj

Post by archangel_cpj » Sun. Nov. 20, 2022 6:56 pm

Im in Medina County the goto for anthracite is still Boslers in Middlefield OH he delivers is fair... Coalway in Applecreek is still there but I prefer Boslers he also outs bulk in those 1 t totes for you...

Return to “Coal Prices & Quality, Coal Dealer Inquiries & Reviews”