I Can Get Deep Mined Coal...Washingtion NJ

UDT-SEAL

Post by UDT-SEAL » Thu. Nov. 04, 2010 12:00 pm

About 4 hrs rd trip from Me...
He Mike Stoler says he has deep mined coal...Wants to bring me 3 ton for 245.00 per....
It will be just too much for me.
New borns need to get heat in house maybe ill rent a uhaul....wood got wet and is getting low...maybe :idea:
Anyone else in the Washingtion NJ area Need coal? I would like to order today or Fri Am ... :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:

VigIIPeaBurner
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Keystoker Koker(down)
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Vermont Casting Vigilant II 2310
Other Heating: #2 Oil Furnace

Post by VigIIPeaBurner » Thu. Nov. 04, 2010 1:13 pm

I'm just North and over the hill from you. For many years I've used Ritter Lumber's Reading bulk because he's very conveniently located in Belvidere. You can go to his piles and fill 5 gal buckets yourself or he'll load what ever truck or trailer you pull up with. I use to load drums in the back of my pu. He'll deliver anything from a ton on. One ton has a premium added, two doesn't. Reading might not be the best of the best or the cheapest but I've never had extreme problems with the product. Last couple of years his product has been very good. He was at ~$235/ton last year. Why not go over and try a few buckets. If you need buckets I can loan you some. PM me. If you need bagged, SOS Stoves east on 57 has Blashack nut. I don't know what he's charging now but a year ago it was $265/ton.

There's a Uhaul dealer with a 5x9 trailer right across from the inspection station on Pershing Ave. just behind STS. Dave Burdges, I go by it nearly every day. If you can tow it, it's worth the trip to bring back 3 ton. I did! :) $150/ ton plus ~200 mi round trip, ~$45 for gas, lunch if you get hungry ;) Add the one day rental at ~$30. That keeps your cost to ~$175/ton, a $70/ton savings. Calculating it at 6 hrs total trip time and another 1 hr to unload and return the trailer, it's like working @ $30 an hour for your time. That savings would buy you about 1800 Lbs at Ritter's in Belvidere and you keep a local guy going. A big plus these days.

I get carried away :)
PM me.

UDT-SEAL

Post by UDT-SEAL » Thu. Nov. 04, 2010 3:05 pm

where did you go for this deal?
150/ ton plus ~200 mi round trip,

VigIIPeaBurner

Post by VigIIPeaBurner » Thu. Nov. 04, 2010 4:46 pm

UDT-SEAL wrote:where did you go for this deal?
150/ ton plus ~200 mi round trip,
UAE Harmony. Rt. 61 Mt. Carmel PA. 101 miles door to door by the Garmen.

Didn't want to mislead you, I didn't use the Uhaul but was ready to use it. A friend lent me a dump trailer to use. There are threads galore discussing how and how much to carry on the Uhauls.

VigIIPeaBurner

Post by VigIIPeaBurner » Sat. Nov. 06, 2010 12:32 pm

Hey UTD-Seal - what did you decide to do? Has anyone gone in with you for the extra you talked about having delovered? If so, don't forget pictures :)

UDT-SEAL

Post by UDT-SEAL » Sat. Nov. 06, 2010 5:33 pm

I Did call the local guy he was more than the pa guy . The pa guy called got the truck running and will Del Sun my 2 ton :D

VigIIPeaBurner

Post by VigIIPeaBurner » Sat. Nov. 06, 2010 7:56 pm

Good deal! Pictures, don't forget pictures :D

I sent you a PM.

JLF53
Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line

Post by JLF53 » Mon. Jan. 03, 2011 1:51 am

UDT-SEAL wrote:I Did call the local guy he was more than the pa guy . The pa guy called got the truck running and will Del Sun my 2 ton :D
I am seeking additional sources for rice coal. Would be so kind to provide me with the information for the PA guy who was willing to deliver to you. I live in Hunterdon county NJ. I have been buying from someone in Dublin PA but they do not get a scale weight seal and I am concerned about the actual weight.

Thanks so much!

VigIIPeaBurner

Post by VigIIPeaBurner » Mon. Jan. 03, 2011 8:01 am

It was Black Diamond Coal of Easton, PA. Last time I heard, UTD-seal was happy with their product.

UDT-SEAL

Post by UDT-SEAL » Tue. Feb. 01, 2011 11:04 am

Sorry for the delay-----
I revived 2 tons of coal .
.I don't know for sure, no paper work came with the coal...except a extra 45.00 dollar Del charge that I was not expecting as I payed a premium for the coal...
Over all the 2 tons were not enough I ran out 1/2 way threw Jan...
The coal burned well and I have no complaints about that..... Just the lbs, and the extra Dollars I did not contract for..Next year I pick up my own.......... :D

Return to “Coal Prices & Quality, Coal Dealer Inquiries & Reviews”