Anybody Live Near Dover Ohio?

wlape3
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Alaska 140 Auger
Coal Size/Type: Rice
Other Heating: Propane

Post by wlape3 » Mon. Oct. 25, 2010 7:14 pm

Hi All,

I currently live in NY but may have the opportunity to move to Ohio in the new future. I know coal burning is alive and well in the Buckeye state but I'm wondering if anyone burns bit and how available both bit and anthracite are there. Also, how's the taxes? Anything is an improvement over NYS but it's all relative.

The Dover/New Philadelphia area is pretty nice but last time I was there I didn't get to spend much time. Anything I should know about? Any particular attractions or interests?

Thanks in advance,

Will

Berlin

Post by Berlin » Mon. Oct. 25, 2010 7:22 pm

Central fuels is located in new philadelphia, they are part of kimble mining and supply Bituminous coal from many different seams and in many different sizes for home heating. Many people in that area heat with bituminous coal.

Hambden Bob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Blower Model Coal Chubby 1982-Serial#0097
Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni ! / Nut
Other Heating: Pro-Pain Forced Air

Post by Hambden Bob » Mon. Oct. 25, 2010 9:31 pm

Yep,your headin' into Bit Country for sure. I can remember going through the Dover,New Philadelphia and Uhrichsville areas on my way to Piedmont lake for deer hunting as a kid. That's in Belmont County. I remember it being a rural area of communities back then. Let me know how I can be of any help to you.

Buckeye1618

Post by Buckeye1618 » Fri. Dec. 03, 2010 7:34 pm

there is a good amish dealer. about 30 min from dover inbetween apple creek and mt. eaton on 250. called coal-way. they sell baged and bulk anthrocite and bunch of stoves.

Bity454
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Alaska 140 dual paddle
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisureline pioneer
Coal Size/Type: Rice
Other Heating: Good looking wife : )

Post by Bity454 » Thu. Dec. 16, 2010 7:54 am

Some really great golf courses in the area! :D

edyrlund
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Coal Size/Type: rice

Post by edyrlund » Thu. Jan. 27, 2011 4:05 pm

i live in Dover and use a keystoker, I get my coal from Coal-way, they are about 20 min away and charge $60.00 for delivery to Dover for 1 to 5 tons. Let me know if I can help with anything else
Eric

lsayre
Stoker Coal Boiler: AHS S130 Coal Gun
Coal Size/Type: Lehigh Anthracite Pea
Other Heating: Resistance Boiler (13.5 KW), ComfortMax 75

Post by lsayre » Thu. Jan. 27, 2011 5:38 pm

Buckeye1618 wrote:there is a good amish dealer. about 30 min from dover inbetween apple creek and mt. eaton on 250. called coal-way. they sell baged and bulk anthrocite and bunch of stoves.
Would you happen to know what Coalway is asking for their bulk anthracite pea? Do they offer delivery, or is it pick-up only?

Hambden Bob

Post by Hambden Bob » Thu. Jan. 27, 2011 8:00 pm

Isayre,thanx to edyrlund you can call Andy at Coalway and have him answer all of your questions. See the last post in the "Coffee Corner" topic here in Ohio.

Bluemax

Post by Bluemax » Tue. Dec. 13, 2011 9:22 am

I live in the Tappan Lake Region, about 15 mins from Dover. All bit coal.
I buy my coal locally ( We are surrounded by coal mines after all ) and Im paying around $98 a ton, with $50 delivery.

Bluemax

Post by Bluemax » Tue. Dec. 13, 2011 9:23 am

Hambden Bob wrote:Yep,your headin' into Bit Country for sure. I can remember going through the Dover,New Philadelphia and Uhrichsville areas on my way to Piedmont lake for deer hunting as a kid. That's in Belmont County. I remember it being a rural area of communities back then. Let me know how I can be of any help to you.
Dover, New Phily, Urichsville - Tuscawaras County, Piedmont is in Harrison County. :)

And If it was rural to you back then, it is beyond rural now. Population has been dropping over the years. We hover somewhere around 16k for the 400sq miles of our county. (Harrison)

chubs
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: combustioneer 77
Coal Size/Type: pea stoker bit.

Post by chubs » Wed. Dec. 14, 2011 7:30 am

Any favorite mines over there? Looking for some good stoker coal and live about a hour way.

Berlin

Post by Berlin » Wed. Dec. 14, 2011 1:41 pm

Thompson bros is stripping coal with 13,500 btu/lb and less than 7% ash out of some land they own in western PA this year, they're making pea stoker for combustioneer's out of it and it works GREAT, I'm burning it right now. I highly recommend it, $100/ton picked up. 330-549-3979 Ask for Dan Thompson and tell him you want the pea stoker they're bringing out of Pennsylvania.

central fuels will screen smaller sizes for you, but you have to request it and it's subject to them not being too busy with other stuff.

chubs
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: combustioneer 77
Coal Size/Type: pea stoker bit.

Post by chubs » Fri. Dec. 16, 2011 8:05 am

Berlin wrote:Thompson bros is stripping coal with 13,500 btu/lb and less than 7% ash out of some land they own in western PA this year, they're making pea stoker for combustioneer's out of it and it works GREAT, I'm burning it right now. I highly recommend it, $100/ton picked up. 330-549-3979 Ask for Dan Thompson and tell him you want the pea stoker they're bringing out of Pennsylvania.

central fuels will screen smaller sizes for you, but you have to request it and it's subject to them not being too busy with other stuff.

Hambden Bob

Post by Hambden Bob » Fri. Dec. 16, 2011 7:56 pm

Believe it or not,Bluemax,there's a piece of Piedmont Lake In Belmont County. Flushing township with an old access road off of Rt 800 that we stayed off of. I still remember the strip mine being active and hunting over reclaim land later on. This was the early 70's.The road went right down to the Lake. The last I heard,yuppies from the Columbus area had attacked that area due to low land prices and basically destroyed it's good,down-home feel and way of life. Maybe they've moved on,like locusts...

Willis
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Combustioneer 24 FA w/ Will-Burt s-30
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Combustioneer 77, Stokermatic
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Warm Morning 520,521
Coal Size/Type: Washed stoker- Bituminous

Post by Willis » Fri. Dec. 16, 2011 8:32 pm

You are correct Bob , my coal yard is a few miles from the lake in Holloway just over the Belmont line. Half of the lake is in Belmont Co

Return to “Coal Prices & Quality, Coal Dealer Inquiries & Reviews”