Does Anyone Deliver Bagged Coal 20 Miles N of Philly?

WessWackos
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pioneer

Post by WessWackos » Mon. Oct. 18, 2010 11:42 pm

I'm looking for dealers and prices from those that would ship/deliver coal to Telford, PA. Need Nut and Stove size coal.

Does anyone have any ideas for me?

wes

tsb
Stoker Coal Boiler: Binford 2000
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL Pioneer top vent
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Saey Hanover II
Baseburners & Antiques: Grander Golden Oak , Glenwood # 6
Coal Size/Type: All of them

Post by tsb » Tue. Oct. 19, 2010 6:19 am

http://www.superpages.com/bp/Schwenksville-PA/Lut ... 662059.htm

Lutz. They used to have a web site, but I couldn't find it this morning.

jrn8265

Post by jrn8265 » Tue. Oct. 19, 2010 6:29 am

Lutz does not have a web site anymore.

The girl at the counter indicated that it was too expensive to maintain.

WessWackos

Post by WessWackos » Tue. Oct. 19, 2010 9:29 am

Lutz does NOT deliver BAGGED COAL, unless I totally misinterpreted what they said over the phone. I'm trying to avoid building a bin...but I'm getting closer and closer to giving in.

Any other ideas as to who does deliver/ship BAGGED COAL?

WessWackos

Post by WessWackos » Tue. Oct. 19, 2010 1:13 pm

Thinking about going with the 1 ton bag of coal this year and keeping the bag outside alongside the garage. Not ideal, but until I'm ready to jump in with both feet, this might be the 2nd best option.

Anything I should be particularly concerned with if I go this route?

jrn8265

Post by jrn8265 » Tue. Oct. 19, 2010 1:15 pm

I did this my first year also, I purchased three 1 ton bags from lutz (they brought them with them) and they drove up and filled them on my driveway. I later shoveled it all into my basement bin but I have since created a chute and that worked out nicely with no shoveling needed this year an moving foward!

WessWackos

Post by WessWackos » Tue. Oct. 19, 2010 4:03 pm

jrn,

Good stuff, man. Is there any way to stack those bags on top of each other? I don't have the room for 3 1-ton bags in my side yard. Also, do they have to back the truck right up to the bags or do they have a chute that extends? I'd rather not have the bags sitting there alongside my driveway, not to mention if the town didn't like it I'd have a huge mess on my hands.

Do you still have the bags? If I go that route would you want to sell a couple of those bags and recoup some money?

wes

jrn8265

Post by jrn8265 » Wed. Oct. 20, 2010 6:21 am

I have the three bags but keep them for emergency deliveries in case I run out of Coal and my coal guy can't bring the hi lift. Sorry about that. You can probably get them cheaper online that via Lutzes. I think I saw some links here a bit back on this, might want to do a search. If you are having bags filled they use the dump truck so you really can't stack them on each other without a forklift. They will not bring the hi lift out for bag filling so I am told. Maybe tell them your situation and they can probably fill the bags with the hi lift over a fence, etc.. off the driveway. I hear ya, I am right in the middle of residential with oil burners literaly 20 feet on each side of me and I got the coal off my driveway asap before they realized what I was burning each year.....you say coal and people crindge ...which is a shame....love my neighbors but before you know it they start looking for a reason they have allergies and I am shutdown....

genexpres

Post by genexpres » Sat. Nov. 27, 2010 9:07 am

Stubble upon a coal supplier/distributor in Philly. Strathman - 215-739-6592. He quote $300/ton delivered
He had a large pile of medium and large nut . Not sure where (which mine) it come from
I bought a bag to test. I will have my Harman install next week.
Try that and let me know what you think.

MURDOC1
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mark 3 Top Flue

Post by MURDOC1 » Sat. Nov. 27, 2010 10:28 am

Hi there WessWackos, while I am a faithful Lutz customer (I live only 1 mile away from there yard) I would like to share that C.R. Dampman Hardware in Pennsburg offers the 1 ton 'bag service'... I think they have a flatbed truck with a chassis mounted knuckle-boom crane that they will deliver the bags with... I never used them but read about it somewhere last year... They may be able to stack the bags for you using their crane... Also, Hearthside Fireplace and Stove (its inside the Pennsburg Ace Hardware store) sells bagged Blashack but I'm not sure if they offer delivery...

Just a side note: I just picked up 15 60# bags of rice from Lutz on Wednesday and their bagged prices are-

60# rice= $8.00 per bag
100# rice= $12.00 per bag

Lutz does the bagging themselves from their bulk piles of Blashack...

Where are you in Telford??? I'm here in Harleysville on the border of Skippack... If its a truck you need to haul the bags I may be able to help you out... Shoot me a PM and let me know your situation and if I can help I will...

Murdoc

Bucks County Burner

Post by Bucks County Burner » Mon. Dec. 13, 2010 12:23 am

Hendricks coal
Hilltown Pike
Pipersville, PA 18947
215-822-3065
They do sell bagged coal but call first. Very nice to deal with. I picked up 4 tons bulk for me and 3 for a friend. 200 a ton picked up. They are 15 min from my house and I like to support local businesses.

wsherrick
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Glenwood Base Heater, Crawford Base Heater
Baseburners & Antiques: Crawford Base Heater, Glenwood, Stanley Argand
Coal Size/Type: Chestnut, Stove Size

Post by wsherrick » Mon. Dec. 13, 2010 1:00 am

I used Hendricks Coal when I lived in New Hope. They are nice people and they get their coal from the South Tamqua Coal Pocket. They should deliver to Telford with no trouble.

genexpres

Post by genexpres » Thu. Dec. 16, 2010 1:14 pm

http://www.johnnyscoal.com

Just got 1/2 ton (20x50lb bags) for $150 delivered. The guy added 2 extra bags
May be pricy to some, but philly is tough to get a good deal.

Badog

Post by Badog » Fri. Dec. 17, 2010 12:05 pm

$150.00 is not bad. I wish he would deliver up my way ut I am about 35 miles outside his delivery area. I am headed out to get 20 50 lb. bags for $160.00 at Dries & Reichard in Emmaus. KC in Alburtis just went from $8.00 a bag to $9.00 a bag for Reading bags. I have got to get around to building a coal bin. Just finishing remodeling 8 rooms in the house and Ihave not had the time :(

WessWackos

Post by WessWackos » Mon. Dec. 20, 2010 10:21 am

I decided to purchase two One-ton bags rather than fuss over a coal bin. So far it is working out alright. I don't like the bags as they are floppy and harder to deal with as they get emptied, but it was the easiest thing to do to ease my mind. They sit alongside my garage.

Return to “Coal Prices & Quality, Coal Dealer Inquiries & Reviews”