4 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 6623
- Joined: Fri. Apr. 11, 2008 2:54 pm
- Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 130 (pea)
- Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Reading piece o' junk in the barn (rice)
- Coal Size/Type: Pea size, Superior, deep mined
- Location: Orrington, Maine
Penn Coal is a reseller. They buy the coal that they sell to you where ever they get the best price. (Or they'd say where they get the best coal). I think a couple of members have purchased from them & received good coal, but for me, it seems like a bit of a crap shoot.
- Posts: 171
- Joined: Tue. Jul. 06, 2010 10:58 pm
- Hand Fed Coal Stove: Alaska Kodiak
- Coal Size/Type: Harmony Nut, Lehigh Nut
- Other Heating: Happy thoughts, good wool and a little propane.
- Location: Wild Wonderful WV
I got a bid from them, but ended up going with Centralia Coal since I could get coal from The Harmony Mine through them for just a couple of bucks more than Penn Coal wanted for their mystery coal!!
- Site Moderator
- Posts: 8331
- Joined: Sat. Feb. 10, 2007 9:48 pm
- Stoker Coal Boiler: 1959 EFM 350
- Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Magnafire Mark I
- Baseburners & Antiques: Sears Signal Oak 15 & Andes Kitchen Range
- Coal Size/Type: Rice and Chestnut
- Other Heating: Fisher Fireplace Insert
- Location: Stillwater, New Jersey
I don't like "mystery coal".