Coal in Lancaster County

Mountville

Post by Mountville » Fri. Nov. 11, 2011 3:31 am

buck wrote:THERE IS A GUY IN WILLOW STREET MELLINGER COAL HE SELLS READING COAL 212 TON REAL FRINDLY GUY HERE IS HIS NUMBER 717 464-3822
We have been using Mellingers for the last 10 years. Very prompt, courteous, friendly, and a good value. Last year cost us $212.00 + $4.00 delivery for a ton of nut delivered and chuted into the basement through the window. Plus a $20.00 tip to the driver. He gets it from Reading Anthracite. Its great quality nut and it burns very clean and thorough as long as you are burning it right and hot. If you are not burning it right and hot, you get uneven burning coal and excessive sootage. Heck, the first thing I do every year is burn one very hot for an hour at full blast. That blasts alot of the sottage that does develop over time.

We have limited outdoor storage space as well, so I built a tiny room in the corner at the window in the basement for coal storage. Works like a breeze and since its confined, no coal dust in the remainder of the basement from the chuting.

grobinson2
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520 Highboy, and EFM 520 round door
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Coalbrookdale Darby, Harman Mark III, Stratford SC100, DutchWest 288 (With Coal Insert), Coalbrookdale Severn, Hitzer 50/93, Hitzer 354 Double Door, FrancoBelge La Normandie, DS Machine Anthramax
Coal Size/Type: Rice, Buck, Pea, Nut, and Stove
Other Heating: Vermont Castings Defiant 1975 FlexBurn, Fisher Grandpa Bear, Vermont Castings DutchWest 224, Vermont Castings Defiant 1945, Ravelli RV-100 Classic, Progress Hybrid, Glenwood Wood Chip Boiler

Post by grobinson2 » Fri. Nov. 11, 2011 5:35 pm

I get my coal from the mine, but the cheapest place I know of in Lancaster County, is Country Meadows Coal by the Smoke town Air Port along RT30 and 896. They sell Stockton, Supiear, and Jedo. They have rice, pea, and nut. $190 a ton picked up or delivered for $230.00. Very nice people.

Thanks,
Glenn

moose

Post by moose » Sat. Dec. 10, 2011 3:55 pm

Lancaster PA rice coal prices as of 12/10/11 from the following dealers.
Weaverland in New Holland: $240/ton picked up
Country Meadows in Smoketown: $249/ton picked up
Mellingers Coal in Willow Street: $227/ton picked up

I opted for 3 tons in my Christmas stocking from Mellingers.

Return to “Coal Prices & Quality, Coal Dealer Inquiries & Reviews”