Does the UAE Harmony Mine Operate Year Round ?

Got Coal? You can make dealer inquiries here for both anthracite and bituminous coal. Co-op information for those looking to purchase in bulk as a group. Reviews on different brands and dealers.
smokeyCityTeacher
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 30-95
Stove/Furnace Make: Englander, Hitzer
Stove/Furnace Model: 30-NC, 30-95

Post Mon. Mar. 01, 2010 1:41 pm

February blizzards have thwarted me on my weekend attempts to drive up to get coal from the UAE Harmony mine.

Looks like I will have a window of opportunity this coming weekend (assuming no more blizzards).

Any of you buy from this mine ?

Is March a good time to get coal? What will the price/ton be if I go this coming weekend ?
Coal is producing 50% of our energy without dependence on foreign oil and creating millions of jobs....
Let's tell our government that we don't want this industry bankrupted!
...Instead, how about we spend a few billion researching technology to burn it even cleaner!

Burning nut the 30-95, cord wood in the 30-NC and wood scraps in the potbelly.
Currently restoring a Chubby and dreaming of a Leisure Line Pocono Top Vent

coal berner
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1986 Electric Furnace Man 520 DF
Stove/Furnace Make: Electric Furnace Man
Stove/Furnace Model: DF520
Location: Pottsville PA. Schuylkill County PA. The Hart Of Anthracite Coal Country.

Post Mon. Mar. 01, 2010 2:40 pm

smokeyCityTeacher wrote:February blizzards have thwarted me on my weekend attempts to drive up to get coal from the UAE Harmony mine.

Looks like I will have a window of opportunity this coming weekend (assuming no more blizzards).

Is March a good time to get coal? What will the price/ton be if I go this coming weekend ?

Yes the breakers are opened all year long some do close for a few day or a week for maintenance or vacations
150 a ton picked up You probably will not see the price of coal go down this Spring or Summer do to the price of Oil going up
J.C.

Heating house & water with a 1986 electric furnace man DF520 using buckwheat Anthracite coal

Visit Lehigh Anthracite

smokeyCityTeacher
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 30-95
Stove/Furnace Make: Englander, Hitzer
Stove/Furnace Model: 30-NC, 30-95

Post Mon. Mar. 01, 2010 7:53 pm

coal berner wrote:
smokeyCityTeacher wrote:February blizzards have thwarted me on my weekend attempts to drive up to get coal from the UAE Harmony mine.

Yes the breakers are opened all year long some do close for a few day or a week for maintenance or vacations
150 a ton picked up You probably will not see the price of coal go down this Spring or Summer do to the price of Oil going up

thanks JC got yer PM will be in touch as soon as Im sure this weekend is a go
Coal is producing 50% of our energy without dependence on foreign oil and creating millions of jobs....
Let's tell our government that we don't want this industry bankrupted!
...Instead, how about we spend a few billion researching technology to burn it even cleaner!

Burning nut the 30-95, cord wood in the 30-NC and wood scraps in the potbelly.
Currently restoring a Chubby and dreaming of a Leisure Line Pocono Top Vent

Return to “Coal Prices & Quality, Coal Dealer Inquiries & Reviews”