Picked up a Few Bags of Tamaqua Bagged Coal... Good Coal.

Stanb999

Post by Stanb999 » Thu. Feb. 11, 2010 8:39 am

I picked up some bags from the tru-value. 6.50 a bag. It's red ash, hard as all get out. Really solid and shiney. None of the fracture filled lumps like other coals I've gotten. Just solid lumps. It's red ash... Kinda orange really. Burns good and hot. Low ash content... Much less than my bulk purchased Reading coal. Nut size. Not any real variation in size. All of it is bigger than an actual walnut. Some pieces are large. To 3" in one direction. Fines are covering each lump tho. But it's not like a pile in the bag. The bag is mesh so it's not real wet like some of the bagged coal I've gotten. The coal may also be coated with something.... OIl? Because it takes a good amount of scrubbing to remove the grime from your hands.

All in all I'd like to get 4 ton for next year even tho it's much more expensive than what I can get bulk for. :)

stovepipemike

Post by stovepipemike » Wed. Feb. 24, 2010 8:15 am

Stan,I am with your idea of bulk. Someone on this forum must know where your new "pet" comes from. If anyone knows it will probably be coalberner. Go Bulk. Mike

Earthandfire

Post by Earthandfire » Fri. Sep. 21, 2012 7:57 am

I have bought there coal too, it is very good coal. its $6.50 per bag for 40lb bags, this works out to 16 c per pound. I also have bought coal at a place in Tamaqua called earth and fire they have very good coal too it is $7.00 per bag for 50 lb bags this comes out to 14c per pound. so I think im gonna stick with that,

Return to “Coal Prices & Quality, Coal Dealer Inquiries & Reviews”