Making Trip to Uae Harmony

coal berner
Location: Pottsville PA. Schuylkill County PA. The Hart Of Anthracite Coal Country.
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1986 Electric Furnace Man 520 DF

Post by coal berner » Wed. Feb. 17, 2010 6:37 pm

brckwlt wrote:jc, I wasnt taking a dig or knocking the lady. she told me they didnt have ne pea left and werent making more till it got warmer. so I doubt they brought more down. she probably figured the rest of the remaining pea was sold. I wish I knew as much as the people at harmony know about coal. no disrespect was ment in any way
There was 3.5 tons left up and the top pile they bought it down and put it into the bin don't doubt them or me ;)

Rick 386
Stoker Coal Boiler: AA 260 heating both sides of twin farmhouse
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL Hyfire II w/ coaltrol in garage
Coal Size/Type: Pea in AA 260, Rice in LL Hyfire II
Other Heating: Gas fired infared at work

Post by Rick 386 » Wed. Feb. 17, 2010 7:10 pm

brckwlt wrote:
If I could figure out a way to put some 5 gal buckets on the roof of my car I would :D
:gee:
No need to put buckets on the roof. Remove the front passenger seat, rear seat and add a couple of custom cut sheets to the floor and right door panel on the inside to protect it.

USE YOUR SUNROOF TO LOAD IT bop2

In fact you could use some plywood to make a chute big enough for the loader to load it !!!!

Why do I have to think of solutions all the time. Geez !!!! :rofl: :funny:

Rick

Hambden Bob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Blower Model Coal Chubby 1982-Serial#0097
Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni ! / Nut
Other Heating: Pro-Pain Forced Air

Post by Hambden Bob » Wed. Feb. 17, 2010 7:19 pm

I forgot about the sunroof.....A Masterpiece,Rick! Shield off the drivers seat and floor area and load......Now,to unload it as easy??...Trapdoors or slider plates unloading on the move onto a runner tarp? Use the railcar unloader and do a clamp and roll upside down?.....Gotta give his back a break...

Rick 386
Stoker Coal Boiler: AA 260 heating both sides of twin farmhouse
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL Hyfire II w/ coaltrol in garage
Coal Size/Type: Pea in AA 260, Rice in LL Hyfire II
Other Heating: Gas fired infared at work

Post by Rick 386 » Wed. Feb. 17, 2010 10:02 pm

Either a trap door or open the passenger side door and tip it over. After all it's only a sunfire......can't weigh too much. :funny:

If it is, hook up a come-a-long to the side of the house to help.

Of course, Brock would have to shovel a bit more snow from the side yard. But it would be well worth it. Think of the time savings. Besides it wouldn't be any tougher on his back or shoulders.

C'mon Brock, give it a shot and take some pics for us !!!!!!!!!!!

Hell, I'm starting to sound like whistlenut............ :bag: :crazy: :whistle:

Rick

brckwlt

Post by brckwlt » Tue. Feb. 23, 2010 4:18 pm

I made another trip out to harmony today for some more pea coal. Picked up another 720 lbs in the Pontiac "coalfire"

just a couple pics, and when I was there I asked the nice ladies at the window if they had a list of coal delivery guys and they gave me a paper with some names on it. Thought id share it with everyone.

Attachments

IMG_0001.jpg
.JPG | 84.9KB | IMG_0001.jpg
Photo0661.jpg
.JPG | 122.4KB | Photo0661.jpg
Photo0662.jpg
.JPG | 85.2KB | Photo0662.jpg
Photo0660.jpg
.JPG | 91.9KB | Photo0660.jpg

coalrunner
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: harman sf 260

Post by coalrunner » Tue. Feb. 23, 2010 9:17 pm

i still admire your dedication. times like this we do what we have to

coal berner
Location: Pottsville PA. Schuylkill County PA. The Hart Of Anthracite Coal Country.

Post by coal berner » Tue. Feb. 23, 2010 9:26 pm

brckwlt wrote:I made another trip out to harmony today for some more pea coal. Picked up another 720 lbs in the Pontiac "coalfire"

just a couple pics, and when I was there I asked the nice ladies at the window if they had a list of coal delivery guys and they gave me a paper with some names on it. Thought id share it with everyone.
Well you got the list why not use one of them to deliver your coal and stop running up there every week to get coal

brckwlt

Post by brckwlt » Tue. Feb. 23, 2010 10:06 pm

coal berner wrote:
brckwlt wrote:I made another trip out to harmony today for some more pea coal. Picked up another 720 lbs in the Pontiac "coalfire"

Well you got the list why not use one of them to deliver your coal and stop running up there every week to get coal
because I bet they want at least 180 a ton delivered, or more. I could be wrong, ill have to call and find out.

I only pay about 163 a ton when I factor in gas money. So if any of the delivery guys can do it for under 170 a ton then ill let them deliver it for me. Plus im unemployed right now and have some free time. I sort of like the drive to harmony, just not all of the work associated with it. I also like saving money

CoalHeat
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1959 EFM 350
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Magnafire Mark I
Baseburners & Antiques: Sears Signal Oak 15 & Andes Kitchen Range
Coal Size/Type: Rice and Chestnut
Other Heating: Fisher Fireplace Insert

Post by CoalHeat » Tue. Feb. 23, 2010 10:10 pm

A few minutes with a cutting torch will make the CoalFire a true top-loader. :D :)

Scottscoaled
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520, 700, Van Wert 800 GJ 61,53
Baseburners & Antiques: Magic Stewart 16, times 2!
Coal Size/Type: Lots of buck
Other Heating: Slant Fin electric boiler backup

Post by Scottscoaled » Tue. Feb. 23, 2010 10:11 pm

Just make sure you take your time and smell the roses on the way. A blown stut tower or broken stabilizer makes the cost of the coal go up to 3 or 4 hun per ton ;) Long money for coal when the work isn't there. Your right Brock,it is a nice ride :)

brckwlt

Post by brckwlt » Tue. Feb. 23, 2010 10:15 pm

stokerscot wrote:Just make sure you take your time and smell the roses on the way. A blown stut tower or broken stabilizer makes the cost of the coal go up to 3 or 4 hun per ton ;) Long money for coal when the work isn't there. Your right Brock,it is a nice ride :)
well I do take my time on the way back, sort of .. but hauling this coal is no different then having a full car load of people. So I don't see what the big deal really is

2001Sierra
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Keystoker 90 Chimney vent
Coal Size/Type: Rice
Other Heating: Buderus Oil Boiler 3115-34

Post by 2001Sierra » Tue. Feb. 23, 2010 10:17 pm

Doing what you gotta' do :!: Keeping the home fires burning is what it is all about. Many many years ago my coal hauler was a Chevy Chevette, and then a Dodge 024 before the first Chevy S10. Driving pickups ever since. Upgraded to a GMC Sierra 1500 with a homemade dump trailer capable of 2.5 tons of payload. We all do what we can with what we have, until time gives us the ability to do more. I am proud to see others doing what I once did, kind of like carrying the coal torch!

coalrunner
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: harman sf 260

Post by coalrunner » Tue. Feb. 23, 2010 10:53 pm

i agree completely, and you have all heard it but these are some tough times we are all going through so we do what we have to and make it work.plus for me I enjoy those coal runs.... makes you appreciate it more!!!

stovepipemike

Post by stovepipemike » Wed. Feb. 24, 2010 8:10 am

Making a coal run continues to be a good time. I just last week returned from Harmony with 2800#.The bonus is that harmony coal is about one half of the ash removal that I was used to.That alone is worth the trip.Glad I got it done when I did however because now they say 6"-12" more of the white stuff coming beginning tomorrow.Got to go gas up the Gravely now. Mike

coal berner

Post by coal berner » Wed. Feb. 24, 2010 11:27 am

brckwlt wrote:
coal berner wrote: Well you got the list why not use one of them to deliver your coal and stop running up there every week to get coal
because I bet they want at least 180 a ton delivered, or more. I could be wrong, ill have to call and find out.

I only pay about 163 a ton when I factor in gas money. So if any of the delivery guys can do it for under 170 a ton then ill let them deliver it for me. Plus im unemployed right now and have some free time. I sort of like the drive to harmony, just not all of the work associated with it. I also like saving money
Well the going rate is 20 to 40 a ton local delivery 2 ton minimum it will depend on miles from UAE to your place 23.5 to 24.5 miles one way

Return to “Coal Prices & Quality, Coal Dealer Inquiries & Reviews”